Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any interest in Julie the Pinball, Indiana Jones, and/or R2D2 Star Wars Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Any interest in Julie the Pinball, Indiana Jones, and/or R2D2 Star Wars Pachinko

Due to some recent and unexpected medical bills (and ongoing doctor visits and pending treatments) and I needing to start selling off a lot of my "toys."

I am looking to see what interest anyone would have in some pachinkos that I bought from Arby (for those that remember Arby's heydays before he lost so much in a flood).

I have 1 white Lumina frame, a solid oak wall mounted cabinet (I documented the build here), and 3 cells... Julie the Pinball, Indiana Jones, and R2D2 Star Wars. I need to count the balls, but there are a couple thousand, all rust free, and a couple of authentic ball trays. I have printed documentation for them, plus a CD I got from Arby, and an original collectable set of paper items for Star Wars in a large (about the size of the cell) original folder. Oh, I also have a DaveRob Dongle installed.

I can and will post pictures and videos to show that everything works. It is almost 11pm right now and I've spent the last 4 hours trying to figure out where all we can start to get money to pay for these bills, so it will have to wait until tomorrow when I have more time to swap the cells around, but the do work 100%. I can also get a better count of the number of pachnko balls.

Any interest? I'm not even sure what a reasonable value is for these any more. I spent a good amount on them when I bought them from Arby, but I have no idea what current market value is on these. I know that they are desirable, just like there were when I bought them, so please be reasonable with your estimates or offers.

Thank you.

Nick
    - Nick
    If you aren't having fun, then you aren't doing it right!

2. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to nickbuol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Any interest in Julie the Pinball, Indiana Jones, and/or R2D2 Star Wars Pach

Some pictures from tonight. There are a few fingerprint smudges on the screens, but those will clean off. I didn't notice them until just now when I started posting them in this message.

frame-front_zpsggjzbs6y.jpg frame-side_zpsitrlojzt.jpg cell-back_zpsh4izjksv.jpg frame-inside_zps6pai3r9f.jpg Julie-Cell_zpsltogxv07.jpg Indiana-Cell_zpsacihipgk.jpg Star-Wars-Cell-Extras_zpsgxppnrne.jpg balls_zpsjkythalk.jpg
    - Nick

4. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to nickbuol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Any interest in Julie the Pinball, Indiana Jones, and/or R2D2 Star Wars Pach

And some videos of each of the cells powering up, also showing that the DaveRob dongle works. I never got time to count all of the balls, but you can see from the "balls" video that there are a LOT. Sorry that these aren't great videos. I was trying to do this all by myself.

Julie the Pinball
    - Nick

6. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to nickbuol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Indiana Jones

- Nick

8. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to nickbuol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Star Wars

- Nick

10. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to nickbuol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lots and lots of balls

- Nick

12. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to nickbuol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know that people are "trying" to sell the R2D2 Star Wars (cell and frame) for over $1000 on eBay, which I think is a bit high (LOL) and Indiana Jones (cell and frame) for $900, which again, let's be a little real here, probably won't sell for that high of a price either. Throw in the Julie the Pinball pachinko cell, but remove the fact that I only one frame. Add all of the balls, the collectible Star Wars stuff, the dongle, the oak wall cabinet, and throw in a couple of ball trays, and I have no idea what this is worth. Any help would be appreciated.
    - Nick

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you break the balls into lots of 500 you can get about $25 per 500 eventually. If you want to sell them in bulk probably closer to 3-4 cents a ball is what I see. I have seen the Star Wars machine actually sell for about $500. I just sold a Julie pachinko for $300, if it was just the cell maybe $150? There has been an Indiana Jones machine listed near me for $450 for months with no activity. I don't own it and have some interest, but not at anywhere near that price. For me maybe $125 for just the cell. So, IMO, you have about $900-1000 worth of machines and balls to a local buyer that was interested in the whole lot. For anyone that has to pay shipping they have to bear that cost and may not want to spend as much on the machines to keep their total cost at the $900-1000 range. Others may disagree, but that's what I would ask or offer in my local market. Best of luck with your sale.

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey, even $900-$1000 would cover about 85% of my part of my CT Scans...

I don't need to sell everything in one bulk sale either which might help. I would be packaging one cell with the Lumina frame and cabinet, and the other cells and the balls would all end up separate packages anyway.

I guess I could open things up to offers here? I would think that this would be about the biggest market spot for pachinko.

It is tricky finding places to sell what my wife has called "my toys". Pachinko, a MAME arcade cabinet, my Roland VDrums, saltwater fish and tank, a bunch of my larger tools that I don't use often but are nice when I need them, etc. Nothing "mainstream" so it is hard managing where to sell them all at the same time.

So again, any offers for any of this pachinko stuff? I would probably try eBay, but would like to start here where people might actually appreciate them more.
    - Nick

17. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to nickbuol

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good luck with your sale.
    Ian #UKPachinko

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

PM sent

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

PM responded to. LOL

Currently pending sales on Star Wars and Julie cells...
    - Nick

23. The following user says "Thanks" to nickbuol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Julie the Pinball Cell is SOLD
    Star Wars Cell (and promotional items) SOLD

Everything else (Lumina frame, Indiana Jones, oak cabinet, DaveRob dongle, balls that I still need to count, and the ball trays) is still available.
    - Nick

25. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to nickbuol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

And I counted last night and there are just over 3000 rust free Pachinko balls (right around 3200). I would like to keep 500 to sell with the full Indiana Jones setup that I currently have left, but the other 2500-2700 are up for sale.

On eBay 1000 balls sells for $67 shipped, but like everything else, we can make a deal.
    - Nick

27. The following user says "Thanks" to nickbuol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Indiana Jones and the Lumina frame have a $100 hold on them until next Friday, but I am sure that the buyer will come through. That leaves about 2800 pachinko balls and the oak wall cabinet. I am just going to throw in the v1.0 DaveRob dongle with Indy...
    - Nick

29. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to nickbuol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow Julie the pinball looks like fun indeed. Wish it was still available!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

very interested in Julie as i already have the other two. let me know

Jim

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sorry, just noticed you sold it...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Indiana Jones, the oak cabinet, DaveRob dongle, and 1500 balls sold and are shipping tomorrow. All that is left are 1910 pachinko balls...
    - Nick

34. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to nickbuol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

EVERYTHING IS NOW SOLD! Thank you to those here (and on Facebook) who helped me to pay off about 1/3 of my medical bills at the time I started this thread (they have gone up since then). All said, I received just over $1700 for everything (not including the extra paid for shipping)... I'm glad that Spyder's numbers were a little low. I think that it helped that I was able to ship everything (I used over 11 pounds of bubble wrap and cardboard just for the oak cabinet, lumina frame, and Indiana Jones cell that went with it. That is a lot of "air" but I wanted to make sure that it made it, and it did perfectly.

Again, thank you all for your help. I am, unfortunately, Pachinko-less for a while.
    - Nick

36. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to nickbuol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast