Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Might buy a Fever Queen Pachinko next weekend, looking for advice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Might buy a Fever Queen Pachinko next weekend, looking for advice

So I might be taking a look at this Fever Queen model Pachinko machine next weekend. The seller is being upfront that there is a small crack in the glass, but the price seems right. The don't have any balls with it and state they don't know much about it. They will be traveling through my town so I'd be buying it out of the back of their vehicle most likely.

The ad states "needs work" but I texted him and he told me that when he plugs in the machine it lights up but needs balls to work. Other than that i don't know if anything is wrong with it. But sounds like the power supply is ok so I think that's a good thing.

I checked out some u-tube vids and it seems like a fun machine. I only have one other Pachinko and it's a vintage Super Deluxe. You guys on here were great about advise with that one and getting it up and running. This machine is much more electronic though.

Looking for any advice you can give me as far as what to look for when purchasing this machine.

Thanks for any help!

FeverQueen.jpg
    Last edited by Bsoder52; 08-21-2016 at 09:27 PM.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Bsoder52

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Might buy a Fever Queen Pachinko next weekend, looking for advice

if the price is right considering the risk of not being able to plug it in yourself then its a winner..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a Fever King pachinko and its a lot of fun, the reels move back and forth and nudge to tease you.

mine has the clear reels with the fever girls that will move over the regular one too
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So i was able to score this machine at what I felt was a reasonable price. (If I get it working a steal of a deal and if it doesn't work I'm not out too much). I plugged it in and got a nice attract mode light show. It didn't come with any balls, but I see some stuck in one of the plastic housings in the back of the machine. I've been dusting it off and can't seem to see how to get the balls unstuck (picture here). Also something else that concerns me is a loose wiring harness (other picture) that I don't know where it goes, but probably goes somewhere. So questions...should I just dump a bunch of balls in the top and see what happens? Should I somehow get those balls out of that plastic housing? Does that loose wire/harness need to be plugged in somewhere to work? Not sure what to do here, and don't want to make a mistake. Looks like a fun machine, fun to be cleaning it up. Thanks for any help!

IMG_20160827_143112504.jpgIMG_20160827_143131794.jpg

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Bsoder52

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not sure about the wire but the ball jam looks to be at the payout motor section. If these have been there a long time then there may be some debris of sorts in there too. It would be worth taking it apart to get the balls out and to do a good cleaning. Take pictures as you disassemble it to aid in reassembly.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

It could just be the balls located after the ball dump mech. No way of getting them out unless you pull the payout motor

Might just be my eyes. What wiring harness?
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 08-27-2016 at 04:59 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all the advice. I've got about half the machine apart and cleaning it piece by piece. I circled the wire/harness in this pic that wasn't connected when I got the machine, and I don't see a place to plug it in...

IMG_20160827_143112504.jpg

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Bsoder52

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it might be for something the palour used in Japan
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

15. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It would be rare for a sankyo frame to have a lead out top the parlour. You can see the 7 plugs the parlour would use.

Except for the parlour terminals and the socket used for software testing. All other sockets should have something in them

What colour is the plug? There is a board on the left side in the middle, looks like there is nothing in the top socket. But could just be the picture.
    Ian #UKPachinko

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a close-up of the lead. It's green and the outer casing can be removed to show a smaller green lead inside.
    Does that help at all? And yea, i think there is a board with no lead in the socket. I think it's red.
    IMG_20160828_085319463.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also, is there a good forum string to loading the balls and setting up a modern pachinko? I looked the other day but must have missed anything.
    Pumped to be close on trying to see if this machine works. Got the whole ball pathway disassembled and cleaned and the machine is just about dusted off.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to Bsoder52

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The coloured plug should match the coloured socket. Might be worth unclipping the circuit boards and checking underneath.
    Ian #UKPachinko

22. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can't seem to figure out how to the the far lower right circuit board off.

24. The following user says "Thanks" to Bsoder52

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its normally a lever or clip. then slide the board in a certain direction
    Ian #UKPachinko

26. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I haven't figured out how to remove that board yet, but I did manager to get the ball path pieced put back together and tried it out. Lights up well and sound works, the four ball spinners in the middle that move the ball to the lower shute when you get it in there work as well. Reals spin fine and it's fun. Only problem is it's not paying out when I hit the real spins. Haven't hit a jackpot yet, but it should be giving me some balls back I think and it's not. hhmmm...stumped. IMG_20160828_120611793.jpg
    I'll try to get that board pulled again.
    Last edited by Bsoder52; 08-28-2016 at 01:17 PM.

28. The following user says "Thanks" to Bsoder52

Thanks
    Thanks Received

After pulling the chip boards I finally found where that one connector plugged in! Got more lights on the front of the machine going along with a color select button thats funcational on the lower left side of the front of the machine. Everything works .... except no payouts yet. Not sure what it could be... any help is greatly appreciated. I'm worried that it's a bad chip or something. ???

30. The following user says "Thanks" to Bsoder52

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Will not payout if there are not enough balls in the rear tank. Any error 7?
    Ian #UKPachinko

32. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Way to go, getting closer
    Last edited by Peteybob; 08-28-2016 at 03:29 PM.

34. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is a #4 on display... (error code?) When I press the button next to it the "#4" turns to a "-"....but still no payout.

36. The following user says "Thanks" to Bsoder52

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Found this linky to reset the payout... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYzoUwdI5lw

Going to try now!

38. The following user says "Thanks" to Bsoder52

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast