Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Howdy from Canada! Plus need help identifying Nishijin Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Howdy from Canada! Plus need help identifying Nishijin Pachinko

That's kinda what I was thinking! I wouldn't want to be constantly filling up the top payout and collecting the dump balls out the back.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Buck

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have this machine, its fun, you will need close to 2000 balls to play, the 1/2 pockets open the middle gates, and if you get ball into center there, you will get into fever round, that can last up to 15 rounds if you keep getting ball into center hole, game helps you often, this was my first pachinko, its fun, but games with video are much better
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

also, from a top member here, he told me name was exciting judo club, a 1992 machine
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

6. The following user says "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just know, one machine turns into two machines really quick, and so on. This is only seller as of today that I know of for new pachinko in America, older ones are found on craiglist

http://akimono.herokuapp.com/

I purchased 4 machines from him, many trays and balls also. And others on here have also purchased from him, he on ebay also, cheaper through his website

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Awesome! I'll look into buying balls from him. Hopefully his shipping to Canada isn't too expensive. Thank you for all the help. I saw a few videos of this same machine being played. It looks like a lot of fun!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

update: I finally got the machine and brought it home. Man the balls are all dirty. I took all those out to be washed and started washing the front trays. I started with the greenish top tray where you put the balls to be played. Man. The insides were all covered in some sort of gross mixture of coffee and cigarette tar. Everything was so gummed up the dump lever didn't even work. I cleaned everything and now the balls all feed correctly and will drain into the bottom.

Issues: When I power it up there seems to be a lot of noise coming from the "timing motor" I unplugged it right away. The gears have all their teeth but it seems something might be jammed up inside there. I'm thinking the next part of my adventure is going to be taking that apart and checking it out. Does anyone have advice for working on that?

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Buck

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Buck, Glad you could get the machine home and start working on it!

If what you call the timing motor is what is inline of the ball track to dispense balls, it could be just needing to run out any remaining won balls. (I bought one with this issue.) Depends if it was holding old memory or if you put any balls in the win pockets and not enough balls paid out.

It is worth popping it apart to clean and inspect for damage. Taking pictures can go a long way in reassembly sometimes.

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does it "count" each ball it pays out? I took out all of the balls from the payout tracks because they are all FILTHY and I don't want to do more damage to the machinery running rusty dirty balls through it. If it counts out each ball as it gets dispensed that could be my problem; because there is nothing there to count.

Edit! Yeah cell phones are great! I've been taking it apart one "area" at a time and taking lots of pictures. Then reassembling that "area" before moving on to the next one. It really helped a lot! I don't want to get stuck with a big box of parts and have to play the fun game of digging through a box of parts to find the one that I need. I have worked on a lot of cars so I know how important staying organized is for reassembly.
    Last edited by Buck; 06-02-2016 at 01:48 PM.

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Buck

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes it counts them out. So if you are playing in a fever round and your top rear hopper runs out, it will know where it left off in paying out for when you refill it. I assume this holds true for all modern machines? My oldest is a 1996 and it acts this way.

It is good to initially clean as much as possible from the ball tracks, pathways, and balls. This way you won’t redistribute more debris around from other spots skipped over in the machine. Sometimes it’s a nasty job but better off doing it only once. Been there, done that=less play time!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

after cleaning the tracks and balls, it will keep paying out balls when you add them to the top rear hopper until it catches up on all the won balls owed
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

18. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I FIXED IT! I took the rest of it all apart and cleaned the insides. I started from the top down. I got to the part that was giving me trouble and I noticed one of the electronic "eyes" was misplaced. I think that's why the motor wouldn't stop. I guess it was trying to figure out what position it was in. I put it all back together and cleaned the balls. Many of them cleaned up just fine. Some were very rusty. I separated those out and did not use them. I plugged it in and it booted right up and it works! It works GREAT! I hit my first FEVER and instantly it was out of balls. More balls is on the list! Right now I only have enough balls to put just enough in the top hopper to weigh down on the "stop" switch. and that gives me about 1/4 of a playing tray of balls. No more to spare. I'm having lots of fun playing the machine but I can only shoot it for about a minute or less before having to refill. Other than my lack of balls everything works perfect!

Thank you SO MUCH to everyone! This website is fantastic and I look forward to sticking around. You're all great!

20. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Buck

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Way to go, glad it's up and running for you!

So as you source out a supplier of balls to your area, consider getting around 2000+ if you can. Save some on volume price and shipping cost if you can afford more now. You heard that these can rapidly multiply? That should be a good start up amount without shuffling all of them from one machine to the other. At least until you build cabinets with oversized hoppers. Then you'll get tired of dumping the hopper from one to feed the other!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah. I'm planning a trip to my home state in America soon. I was going to order 2000 balls and ship them to my house in PA. Shipping to Canada is outrageous (I guess they are heavy). I'll bring them back with me!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

a rough estimate of 2,000 balls would be somewhere around 15 pounds, maybe more

thank heaven for flat rate boxes
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    a rough estimate of 2,000 balls would be somewhere around 15 pounds, maybe more

thank heaven for flat rate boxes
    I believe 500 are just over 6 pounds. They are heavy.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Picture of the nice and clean machine

26. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to Buck

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This machine has 2 ball drops in the back, if you haven't noticed yet, the losers come out in 1 place, and the winners come out in different spot, so make sure what ever you use behind machine to catch balls, it big enough for both drop spots

29. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks! I have 1 tray but I'm thinking of picking up a second so I can switch them out easily. I might cut up and old mousepad or something to help dampen the thumping from the balls dumping into it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I use drawer liners from local hardware stores, cut to size, double up if needed

32. The following user says "Thanks" to quester

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2