Thread: New toy! Dynasty warriors

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up New toy! (Dynasty warriors)

I finally got around to trying out the Dynasty warriors cell I picked up a few months ago; I figured I would share. I had Star Wars in the frame (Lumina) for quite a while but wasn't playing it as much (I usually swap cells out monthly or 2 months max, guess I'm fickle). This one is pretty cool, I've never played the Playstation game it's based off of but it's easily the one of the most "Japanesey" pachinkos I own, along with Cutie Honey, Treasure boat of lucky seven god, or Orochonpa II. It's got 3 motorized swords which can suddenly slash out at the screen which is pretty neat, a hot Japanese lady in traditional attire on the cell background, but the best feature so far is being able to use the chance button to change the background, music, and the characters on the "reels". A pleasant change from Star Wars which can be a bit monotonous with the same old "da da da daaaa da" theme music and background over and over. The reaches seem to show scenes from the playstation game; I haven't played it enough to get a fever or see if there's mini games also; I hope so since it utilizes the chance button. I'll post an update once I find out and give a rating to it compared to the the other Lumina cells I've got.

photo.jpg
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 04-21-2016 at 07:27 PM.

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New toy! (Dynasty warriors)

I'm going off memory here but I believe Dynasty Warriors is a game where you take on the role of one of the characters in the Chinese.. Romance of the 3 Kingdoms story... I find it amusing.. the most Japanese game you own based on Chinese mythology.... lol

What I remember about this game was a whole lot of running around and whacking a billion nobody's till you get to a boss fight and then the game gets super hard!

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to stampeed valkyrie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by stampeed valkyrie View Post
    I'm going off memory here but I believe Dynasty Warriors is a game where you take on the role of one of the characters in the Chinese.. Romance of the 3 Kingdoms story... I find it amusing.. the most Japanese game you own based on Chinese mythology.... lol

What I remember about this game was a whole lot of running around and whacking a billion nobody's till you get to a boss fight and then the game gets super hard!
    Ha ha.....I stand corrected! In that case; it's among my top 3 most "non-westernized" pachinko themes!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep, good old fashioned beat-up-thousands-of-guys type of game. Very cool cell!
    Pachi Fever!