Thread: Might be selling a cheap Pachinko ball lifting device

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Might be selling a cheap Pachinko ball lifting device

Hi, wow it's been along time since I've logged in.

Anyway I've been working on a pachinko ball lifter. All the ones I've seen are prohibitively expensive for my two machines.
    My machines are a 70's Sanyo and a 40's Crown and honestly, I don't play them much for having to manually reload balls.
    I realize many people are in the same situation and that's why I began my ball lifter project.

The goal was to keep it low cost as possible and accessible to anyone.
    I've made several prototypes and have a couple mod improvements to do before release, This my latest prototype:
    PumpV4.jpg
    I call it my Pachinko Ball Pump. It's about 3x3x1.5" tall. It's designed to use common 1/2" PCV plastic pipe for the vertical tube.
    It can be operated wither manually or electrically via a small DC motor. I might offer a motorized option that will automatically start/stop the pump if balls are present for lifting via optical coupler.

If I decide to sell this, it will likely be offered through Shapeways for maybe $15 or $20. They can print it in most anything from plastic to aluminum.
    Or I might also sell the .STL printing files for less.

A few common parts (Small screws, rubber band etc) would be needed for assembly. You'd need to make your own ball guides from your Pachinko machine ball outlets to the lifter.

I was wondering if anyone might be interested in such a thing.
    Last edited by SteveFury; 02-27-2016 at 02:14 PM.
    If you enjoy my pachinko, pinball and pachislo YouTube videos, please "like" them at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SirSteveFury

2. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to SteveFury

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Might be selling a cheap Pachinko ball lifting device

Looks pretty cool to me!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think most of us have been looking for an affordable ball lift solution for years.
    I for one could never justify the price of the ones that are available out there now.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

do ya mind sharing how it works?? a video would answer allot of questions
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Mopar.
    I don't mind at all.

It's really quite simple. The balls input down a sloped ramp that ensures they end up single file as one ball drops into the "cylinder".

A lever crank is risen by either a manual lever or electric motor. A "piston" inside the cylinder pushes the pachinko ball up past a latching pawl. As the ball passes the pawl, the pawl snaps under the pachinko ball.

As the lever is drawn back down the ball is prevented from dropping by the pawl.

The lever is brought all the way down and the next ball is loaded onto it for the new cycle.

The balls stack inside the PVC rising tube to be just above the pachinko machines receiving tray, where a 90 degree elbow is attached and directs the balls into the tray.

I plan to incorporate an optical based motor switching circuit. It would include the optics, motor and other parts. If it detects a ball(s) is available to lift, it will turn on and cycle until no more balls remain.

Pictured is my version 4. I'm busy working on V5 that has many improvements.
    Looks like Shapeways might want to charge a ridiculous amount for materials so I might just sell it directly.
    If you enjoy my pachinko, pinball and pachislo YouTube videos, please "like" them at:

8. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to SteveFury

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think it's cool. I would be worried by the the following.
    The weight of the balls on the piston or pawn. Causing excess wear on the rotating shaft or piston. Could you adapt the design to incorporate some kind of simple bearing or roller bearing on the shift and sleeve the piston.

As for an optical sensor. I would use a proximity sensor instead. Can read through the plastic and will not get effected by dirt and dust.
    Ian #UKPachinko

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yup I agree.
    I hope to set up a test bed with my V5 to continually cycle a set of balls 24hrs a day with a counter to see what and how long it takes until something fails.
    If, for example it counts 250,000 balls before a part fails... and the replacement part cost $0.15 to print then I'd probably keep it the same. However if it fails more quickly then I'll have to rethink things. I'm trying to avoid bearings and the like to keep costs down.

My pump should deliver 4-5 balls per second. Too slow to service multiple machines but OK I think for an individual machine in relatively light duty.

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to SteveFury