Thread: Is this a decent, high or low price?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Is this a decent, high or low price?

Hi,

I recently posted in the Vintage section about a couple of machines, and left there with a pretty good idea of the price range I should expect to pay for a vintage machine.

I did a search in my area and saw a Batman machine for $175. Based on the search I did, it appears to be a Heiwa 2003 model. It's got a four-coil roller instead of an LCD screen in the center.

Here's a pic:

01414_3OYxlhMrFD5_600x450.jpg
    Anyway, assuming it's in full working order, is that a good price? Seems a lot less that the current offerings on the bay.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Is this a decent, high or low price?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyearl View Post
    Hi,

I recently posted in the Vintage section about a couple of machines, and left there with a pretty good idea of the price range I should expect to pay for a vintage machine.

I did a search in my area and saw a Batman machine for $175. Based on the search I did, it appears to be a Heiwa 2003 model. It's got a four-coil roller instead of an LCD screen in the center.

Here's a pic:

01414_3OYxlhMrFD5_600x450.jpg
    Anyway, assuming it's in full working order, is that a good price? Seems a lot less that the current offerings on the bay.

Thanks!

Ebay pachinko prices seem to range from somewhat reasonable to downright delusional. $175 is a good starting point for negotiations but that's still a bit too high in my opinion for a 13 year old pachinko that's not super rare/desirable. It looks to have a cabinet already so that is worth a bit extra, and it also depends on how many balls (if any) come with it but I would value it more in the $75-150 range personally. I only paid $60 for my 2001 Ban Ban Jump as my first machine so maybe I'm biased or cheap.
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 01-28-2016 at 03:55 PM.

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks! Thought maybe there was a premium for Batman as it's a recognizable name over here.

So the vintage and modern machines are priced in about the same range? I expected an uptick for all the modern bells and whistles.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks! Thought maybe there was a premium for Batman as it's a recognizable name over here.

So the vintage and modern machines are priced in about the same range? I expected an uptick for all the modern bells and whistles.
    Depends on the year, but yeah, most of the modern machines that aren't recent (5-10 years old?) are fairly cheap ($60-175 maybe?) if one knows where to look and buy from members here or craigslist. I bought 3 modern (2 were early modern) recently in a group bundle for less than $60 each. The most I've ever paid for a modern was $275+ shipping for Juile Pinball which is quite desirable and nobody wants to sell it. Just like cars, the newer models are worth the most except for a few exceptions ("classics" Star wars, Julie Pinball, Cutie honey, ect..) they depreciate rapidly till they bottom out in price. Seems like a lot of the vintage sellers think their sitting on a gold mine in their attic or basement for some rusty old water stained relic and think they are all worth $200-300+

6. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Modern "new" pachinko prices have also skyrocketed since the early-mid 2000's as well. "Back in the day" one could buy pachinkos off ebay in the $100-200 range that were freshly imported; but there's no longer several pachinko importers competing for sales after the recession... I would keep that in mind when valuing older moderns and comparing them to newer machine prices.
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 01-28-2016 at 04:43 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

....Anyway, assuming it's in full working order, is that a good price? Seems a lot less that the current offerings on the bay.
    I agree with lotsoballs that eBay prices right now are mostly unreasonable. If the machine is worth $175 to you then I would go ahead and buy it even if the seller won't negotiate a lower price. I bought a different theme machine in the same frame for $35 about a year ago, but I also saw the same Batman pachinko except in the silver frame, sell for $300 locally not that long ago. Personally, I'd value it in the $100-125 range simply because Batman is more well recognizable in the US market than most Japanese themes so it probably has a wider appeal for resale.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks everyone. Just picked up a Pink Panther machine for $60. Fully working as far as I can tell, although there's stuff I don't understand and one button on the frame that seems to do nothing. Pics to come when I get it home.

10. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Rickyearl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool Re: Is this a decent, high or low price?

well it's in the Hewia 'Hotaru' frame and does date to around February 2003

but it's biggest claim to fame (and interesting bit of trivia ) is that the Batman Pachinko is supposedly the pachinko made famous in our PachiTalk smiley

here:
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

12. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post
    The Batman Pachinko is supposedly the pachinko made famous in our PachiTalk smiley

here:
    I thought that machine looked familiar! Thanks for pointing that out!

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall