Thread: Sankyo BIG SLOT machine won't payout

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sankyo BIG SLOT machine won't payout

Recent purchase, Sankyo BIG SLOT with electronically operated mechanical rotating center wheel, won't payout when prizes are won. Thought it may be the sensor in the bottom of the ball collector/ball run. Switched it out with a known good one from another Sankyo(digital center screen). The sensor in question actually operated correctly in the known good machine. Checked all 4 of the fuses too. This worked properly when I checked it out a month ago. Not sure where to go from here. Can't seem to upload any pics either. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated, thank you.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo BIG SLOT machine won't payout

Are you saying you put a different cel in the same frame and it worked, or you put the big slot cel in a different frame amd it worked? Or you swapped sensors and it worked.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I swapped the little hoop style black sensor with a known operating sensor from another SANKYO machine. The known good sensor made no difference in solving the problem. However, the sensor I suspected might have been bad actually operated fine in the known good Sankyo machine. So, sensor is NOT the issue. Had read something on the forum about the "dongle" and some sort of test/reset/problem solving operation by simply removing it and shaking it? Is that correct? Never heard of that before but will try it IF that's actually a thing to do.....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

dongles have nothing to do with payouts, only the shooter knob. Unless its a daverob dongle or like wise
    So, do the centre reels spin, when you put a ball in? If so then forget the sensor idea, its fine. Also check the other pockets for any response.

Probably something either jammed in the payout assembly, especially if not used for a while, fluff and dust can get in there along with dead spiders etc.

main resons for not payout out.

Payout jammed.
    Balls not reaching the payout motor.
    Bottom tray full sesnor or wiring damaged,
    Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Machine reels operate normally (I believe), it had paid out when I checked it out at purchase. 7 balls I believe it was for the center prize. The bottom tray was full when I started inspecting it for issues when realized it wasn't pay out. Emptied that out. There are balls sitting in the track above what I believe is the payout.(Its directly above the sensor mentioned above in its own clear plastic box) Doesn't look to be jammed up. I guess I will (gulp) open the back all the way up to check the tray behind/beneath the reels. Will check for junk and dirtiness. I did have to dismantle and clean the firing knob to make it fire consistently. It operated spotty like a loose contact...was just dirty.Thank you for the help and suggestions. Will post back once I figure out whats what. Thank you very much for the help.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to ejw

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good morning, dismantled and cleaned the ball trays and slots/openings that the balls pass through. Also found only one of the two tracks that feed the payout motor had balls in it. This machine, unlike my other Sankyo, has an additional metal clip just after the balls leave the top tray that is incorperated into the normal flat metal plate or keeper that sits above the track to keep the balls in line in the track. It looks like this extra clip was suppose to have two prongs that stick down into the path of the balls to basically stop them from entering the path of the payout motor assembly. Only problem is it is missing most of one of these prongs and allowing balls to pass it making it look like its working fine. I lifted the clip, allowing balls to fill both tracks to the payout motor and then the cides and beeping started! Whew, it took 20 minutes to go through all the balls it kept paying out. But now the beeping has stopped, code is gone and the machine works great! Big thank you for all the help and suggestions. My wife will be totally stoked her Christmas gift is working properly now.

9. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to ejw

Thanks
    Thanks Received

90% of the time it's something simple
    congratulations on the fix, now go have fun
    Ian #UKPachinko

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just joinned PachiTalk and had my problem with my Big Slot machine fixed today from this thread. Stopped paying out a few years back and finally got around to looking into it again. Just a good cleaning like you all say, lots of gunk and junk in the ball trays and so forth. Thank you!!

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to ReiterRace

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS