Thread: Intro and request for help identifying and fixing a Yamasa slot machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Intro and request for help identifying and fixing a Yamasa slot machine

Hi I'm Tom. Found your forum while searching for info on a slot machine I bought for $50 from a neighbor who is moving. She told me that it needs to be "reset" but they can't find the key. They will look for it as they unpack at their new house, but in the meantime I'd like to try to find one and get this beast working again.

I've attached some photos. Funny thing is, when I plug it in the three wheels are covered by what must be indicators that there is an error but they don't show up in the photos. Some kind of projected display over the wheels? A digital display on the left shows "E-4", an error code?

I searched your forum and downloaded the "Pachislo Slot Machine Operating Manual" but of course can't do much without this phantom key. The key slot looks like it wants a circular key.

When I plug the machine in, it lights up and starts playing a loud, repeating musical sound. After a minute or two the volume of the sound decreases but just keeps repeating until unplugged.

If some kind soul on this forum could take pity on a full-blown newbie and give me some suggestions on where I might source a key and any other info, I would be most appreciative. Attached are photos, sorry they are all sideways (damn you, iPhone). Thanks in advance.

Tom

IMG_1469.jpgIMG_1468.jpgIMG_1466.jpgIMG_1465.jpgIMG_1464.jpg

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lakemirror

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Intro and request for help identifying and fixing a Yamasa slot machine

is it missing the door key and the reset key??

if you have the door key you can turn it to the left for a soft reset.

you will need tokens in the hopper to keep it from erroring out again.

you can replace the reset key with a toggle switch, the music you hear is because of the error

that model has a special overlay screen for more exciting gameplay
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Intro and request for help identifying and fixing a Yamasa slot machine

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    is it missing the door key and the reset key??
    Are you saying there are two different keys? If so, then yes I guess I am missing both unless one is stashed away inside the machine.

I read about turning the door key to the left for a soft reset. Got any ideas about where to start looking for one?

I see you are in Bradenton. I'm in Winter Haven/Lakeland.

Tom

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes there are tow keys one for the door and one that is inside usualy near the power supply..

if your missing the door key your should be able to set your machine on a table.. turn the machine so the right side is hanging over the edge or the table.. there should be a hole in the bottom of the machine that is large enought to get a hand or arm up inside.. then with a little luck and funbling you should be able to unlatch the door with your hands..

a few members have reported finding the door key inside the machine once open..

there are a few options for replacememnt of the door lock and key or you can drill a hole in the top of the machine and insert a stif wire so you can pull it from the outside of the machine to open it with ease..

good luck and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome!! Replacement door locks with a key are available on ebay. Look under the topic Pachislo. If the reset key is missing, most people replace the key switch with a toggle switch. The links below respectively are an entry on your specific machine and a repair guide written by Arraking from pachislodb.com. The latter will give you a lot of helpful information, including how to replace the reset key switch.

http://pachislodb.com/db-NEO+PHARAOH+ZETZ.html

http://www.pachislodb.com/download/file.php?id=278
    Last edited by ackleplem; 12-03-2015 at 01:31 PM.
    I have not lost my mind. I have it backed up on disk somewhere...
    Dai Yamato, Gundam One Year War, Thunderbirds, Mach Go Go Go, Aliens
    Yamato Resurrection, Late '75 Nishjin Sumo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On the Zetz machine, there is a little white reset button on the inside of the front door, just below the window, this button also changes the odds when you have the reset key.

Here are a couple of Ebay links for keys etc.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLOT-MACHINE-PROGRAMMING-RESET-KEY-FOR-PACHISLO-TOKEN-SLOT-MACHINE-/281484628029?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOKEN-SLOT-MACHINE-RESET-SWITCH-VOLUME-CONTROLS-PACHISLO-ARCADE-SKILL-STOP-/281484628046?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276
    I've never met a Pachi I didn't like

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is all excellent info. I have located the hole on the bottom of the machine, and when my cousin gets home (whose arms are MUCH skinnier than mine) I will have her try to unlock the door. I'll report back once that happens and I find if there is a reset key inside.

Thanks so much!

Tom

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are some photos of the door latch, so you know what you are feeling for. Also, a photo of the "Soft Reset/Odds Changing Button" on the inside of the front door.

Maybe you will get lucky and the keys are inside. Bought a machine once, seller said she lost the keys, but once I opened it up, the keys were on a key ring hanging in the power supply.

Image (8).jpg
    20151203_153949.jpg
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Success!

We got the door opened, but found neither door key nor reset key inside.

The reset key, though doesn't seem to be needed. We were able to turn it just by pressing our finger on the reset keyhole and turning it manually.

The machine fired up just fine. Plenty of tokens inside. Now I just need to do some more searching and find out how to navigate the game, and then rig a way to open the door more easily.

Thanks, folks, you were a great deal of help.

Tom

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to lakemirror

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    Here are some photos of the door latch, so you know what you are feeling for. Also, a photo of the "Soft Reset/Odds Changing Button" on the inside of the front door.

Maybe you will get lucky and the keys are inside. Bought a machine once, seller said she lost the keys, but once I opened it up, the keys were on a key ring hanging in the power supply.
    Thank you, Wayne, for pointing out where the odds button is. I'll work on it next.

Tom

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is copy of the Play Guide. Also, how to instructions on how to change the Odds.

p1.jpg
    p2.jpg
    p3.jpg
    p4.jpg
    p5.jpg
    p6.jpg
    Changing Odds & Full Reset.jpg
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

15. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The addiction bit me after my first pachi... 3 of my 6 take the same key... Buy more and you may get a key that works;-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In all seriousness :-) mopar suggested a good no money invested alternative, lucky dog has also mentioned in previous posts using cardboard folded up to "wedge" the lock so the door swings open, I've also read of machines having holes drilled in the side so you can put your finger in and work the lock. I don't buy replacement locks... I seriously buy more machines and do luck out lol Amazon and eBay have cheap replacement locks as previously mentioned

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Gmwd