Thread: Mostly satisfied new customer of akimono.com

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Mostly satisfied new customer of akimono.com

Got my new Rio machine and I love it. I enjoy the play and can't wait to see some of the premium jackpots (assuming my model has them). The addition of volume controls is a great touch.

I'm only mostly satisfied, though. The shipping company must've not handled with care, as the box was a bit rough. Not rough enough to cause serious damage,however the inner glass panel is cracked from top to bottom. The rear dood was busted off as well. And a bag of 1000 balls was torn open and leaking out the inner box, and out of the outer box as well. I'm sure I can get glass replaced, right?

Another downside was that I was assuming it was the "millionaire spec", M9AS medium (1/256) spec model, but the one received is a yu-pachi (1/99). This just changes the payout to more frequent but smaller amount paid, right? Honestly, had I known this I would've most likely still got it.

Then there's the transformer. It's a 5A transformer, giving 120VA. On the back of the machine I can read something that says 250VA. Not sure, but seems that the transformer might be a bit too small. It vibrates and buzzes A LOT, but I haven't felt it to see if it gets warm yet. Game still seems to play just fine, though.

Finally, it didn't come with a manual. I know that's probably standard, but I sure would love one so I know what's going on with status lights and if the transformer is enough.

Also want to learn if I can use the win tracking app from heiwa, but can't figure out how to get a password. Maybe it's too old now, as I see an option for Rio 2 (rainbow road), but not Rio 1 like I have in the app.

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Mostly satisfied new customer of akimono.com

I can't comment on cracked glass.. however I did have a machine I purchased from Akimono arrive really beat up. I had to reassemble rear particle board frame. actually went so far as measure and cut some pieces from scrapped furniture.
    The transformer also came loose during shipping and did a number on the reels. not much I could do about that.. I was able to minimize the damage to someone who looked at the machine from the outside.. but on this inside it was pretty obvious.

I lay blame on the shipper.. Fedex.. it happens.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm not blaming him whatsoever for the shipping damage, that occurrence is like poop, it happens a lot and always stinks.

Honestly, I'm not blaming anything on him, unless he installed the transformer. The VA number is pretty visible. Whoever did it either knows something I don't or made a simple mistake.

I mean the only reason I assumed it was the medium spec was because of the case colour on the stock photos and the video on the page with it. When I saw the photos of the actual machine with a different frame I assumed frame damage and it was changed. Assuming makes an ASS out of U and ME, after all (sorry for the bad word pun)
    Last edited by Tigerboyreii; 09-16-2015 at 08:28 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have known Frank for a few years now and have met him and and his family personally. He really is the real deal. He is always looking for better ways to ship and
    really hates it when Fedex screws up etc. I lived close enough to where he keeps the machines so I personally picked all mine up to save a few bucks. ( more like a LOT actually )
    I never knew him before I bought machines but when you meet somebody and a person's family you do get a feel for a person. Frank is a genuinely caring guy.
    Are there screw up and broken pachis? Unfortunately yes, the best packer I have ever seen was Slot-Pachinko and they are long gone after the owner's passing.

I wish there was a way to custom make foam forms. Slot-Pachinko used a TON of sliced foam rubber. I actually used one their containers when shipping a pachinko I bought for another member and shipped to his warehouse. Now that Franks is no longer local for me I have not bought a pachinko... Should I venture to where he is MAYBE again, but life, family, and other personal concerns have put my pachi buying on hold for awhile! If it were not for Frank I would have no where near the amount I do, at the prices, I got them at since I saved shipping. Maybe someday the shipping issue will be better controlled. I build bridges not boxes and packing to put pachis in! MAYBE some day!

I am sorry your pachi was busted when you received it, that had to annoying on a scale I fully get! I custom ordered almost all pachis so I got exactly the ones I wanted with the odds etc. SO many new ones too and I get mostly Anime themed ones too just my thing. Always wanted the Queens Blade one and the Missions Impossible looks awesome but as I said personal issues will stop that for now.

I hope it all works out for you and Frank will work with you, that I TRULY believe.
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to KimbaWLion

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree with Kimba, Fed-ex is my least favorite shipper when it comes to pachinko/pachislo. Both machines I have had shipped through them has had some damage. I prefer UPS. Frank has done well by me on the two times I have done business with him.
    I have not lost my mind. I have it backed up on disk somewhere...
    Dai Yamato, Gundam One Year War, Thunderbirds, Mach Go Go Go, Aliens
    Yamato Resurrection, Late '75 Nishjin Sumo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Really though, all I want now is fixed glass, but I'm not sure who can cut that strange roundish shape, or how it's bonded down. Anyone know anything about that?