Thread: New machine, first machine, help!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New machine, first machine, help!

Right, guys. I need your help!

I just received a machine. I have to be honest I purchased it on a whim and have no idea what I have bought really. Its a 2014(ish) macross frontier 2 pachislo.

Some pics follow:

bckLAER.jpg
    KsCbBjo.jpg

Okay so, it looks alright, I had to plug a few things in, I have the keys. But I dont want to just go and plug it in (I am in the UK) and I dont know much about electronics. So, following is a few pics of the power bits inside. I would appreciate some feedback on what I need to do to get this thing powered up, wether I need to buy a transformer or something etc.

ZXlcnnU.jpg

MGaG3bw.jpg

Your help will be much appreciated. I will keep you all informed as to what happens!

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Kepha

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's a very nice machine. You did right by not plugging it in. Your machine is setup for 100VAC input power. You need a step down transformer to go from your household 240VAC down to 100~120VAC. I'm in the States so it's best to wait for our UK members to chime in. They'll recommend options for you.
    ...and WELCOME.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to mandoman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New machine, first machine, help!

Thanks mandoman, I tried ringing Maplin as I have one just up the road from me, but they were useless. My electronics knowledge isnt great when it comes to stepping up or down currents but I figured I would need a transformer of some description.

If anybody can recommend me one that would be fantastic. I really want this set up, I am super impatient =[

kepha

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My local store has one of these in stock: http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-230...onverter-vr05f

I am curious to know if this will do the trick temporarily until I buy a better suited one. I would rather wait than damage anything but it would be nice to have it working since I have the day of work ^__^;;

Kepha

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok so you have a 100v to 24 v transformer inside the case. so you need to drop it from 240 to 100. The one you posted from Maplins is the ones I use without a problem, So it should just be plug in and play. Just plug the black cord straight into the front of the maplins power supply

I've been running machines off them for 2 years without a problem.

Of course you could buy a large 240-24 v transfomer and join and cut and join all the cables up, But its much safer to just use the maplins one.

Where did you buy the machine from?
    Ian #UKPachinko

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Ok so you have a 100v to 24 v transformer inside the case. so you need to drop it from 240 to 100. The one you posted from Maplins is the ones I use without a problem, So it should just be plug in and play. Just plug the black cord straight into the front of the maplins power supply

I've been running machines off them for 2 years without a problem.

Of course you could buy a large 240-24 v transfomer and join and cut and join all the cables up, But its much safer to just use the maplins one.

Where did you buy the machine from?
    Hey Clam, thanks for you advice again. I don't know if you remember but you advised me on the forum before as well I ordered from yahoo auctions through FromJapan, the machine cost me about £100 and the shipping came in at about £200 using fedex, I havent been charged any tax yet (fingers crossed) but I will await a letter in the post.

The machine appears to have some volume controls and a no coin mode, though the hopper and everything is all inside just disconnected.

Heres the link to the auction: http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/n148852541

I have just purchased one of these:http://www.airlinktransformers.com/j...ers/UK-JA0500/

But I will probably head over to maplin and get the other one as well (Because I am that impatient) and then switch them over when the other arrives.

The machine front etc is all in really nice condition and the internals have been cleaned, wires inside have all been reshrink wrapped. The wooden casing on the top and back of the machine is quite scratched but nothing too major.

Kepha

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That transformer will probably run 2 machines - If thats what your after

Yes, your get your nice letter from Fedex in a couple of day, My bill normallly comes in between £30-£50

But for £350 all in, you'll never find one on ebay, thats for sure
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay! So... it works:
    6kPv6n8.jpg

I had a good blast on it and whatever and then whilst fumbling around in the menus I appear to have done something to the sound? I'm not sure if its a software issue though as it doesn't seem right to me.

Basically I now appear to only have sound from a single speaker (of 4 I think) though it was seemingly working okay when I fist turned it on, any ideas? I have 4 volume control knobs but only 2 of them seem to obviously do anything.

kepha

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Kepha

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You could try a reset, or post pictures of the menus (or use a smartphone based translator)

whats Mumu chan doing?
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    whats Mumu chan doing?
    There seems to be some kind of logging in features / mobile features which she advertises when the machine is booted up, you can scan a QR code in the menu but I don't know how to activate them. It appears some of the menu items are locked without having logged in but the game functions perfectly well without whatever that offers.

Regarding the sound after an additional hour or so of play I lost sound altogether so I got inside it and ripped out the potentiometers and without them the sound is working perfectly. I have no idea how 4 potentiometers have stopped working within 12 hours of receiving the cabinet but its loud without them so I will be buying some more to replace them.

I do have an additional question, whilst playing if I press the RIGHT hand button OR the MIDDLE button first (when the reels are spinning) I get a loud alert sound with an exclamation point on the screen which interrupts any animation that might be playing. it only shows for a second so if there is any text accompanying it, its far too quick to get a look at. If I press the left button first followed by the middle or right button it doesn't happen. It seems very strange and I dont recall seeing this when I played in Japan.

Whilst inside the cabinet I was able to easily fit the hopper and disconnect the no coin modification (about 3 cables need to be switched over) and it works perfectly soI am happy to say I am pleased with the cabinet and my purchase. Now I just need to buy a ton of coins...

Kepha

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On some cheaper low wattage pots, if you have the machine volume set on high and try to adjust it just using the pots, they can't handle the power and burn out.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is a nice machine..
    Nice score