Thread: Does 678 have a significance in pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Does 678 have a significance in pachinko

I was playing my Yamato Resurrection a week or so ago when during one of the spins, I got a six on the first reel and an eight on the third. A moment later, I got with some sound effects fanfare, I got a seven (which was Kodai) on the center reel, giving me 678. It triggered a reach/super reach game, but I did not get a fever. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this and if there is any significance to it?
    I have not lost my mind. I have it backed up on disk somewhere...
    Dai Yamato, Gundam One Year War, Thunderbirds, Mach Go Go Go, Aliens
    Yamato Resurrection, Late '75 Nishjin Sumo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Does 678 have a significance in pachinko

I think I ran into it on our machine, but I don't know the significance of it either. It doesn't look like the characters on the 6 and 8 are part of any signficance, but I also haven't actually seen the movie so I don't know for sure if there's significance or not to that (I should rectify that soon).

3. The following user says "Thanks" to LynnInDenver

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

It might just be game or manufacture specific. On 3 of my Heiwa's, If you get the same number on reel 2 and 3 and it is one number higher than reel 1 ie 1,2,2 or 4,5,5 It gives a free respin, then maybe another or third or fourth, this normally leads into an extended reach or chance. On the southern raised, it makes the butterflies down the right had side flap their wings. 1 for one respin, 2 for 2 etc.

Also getting 3 different characters leads in to a chance mode, which can either be a reach or a mini game involving the stop/chance button.
    Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On Star Wars Vader, if you get Anakin, Padme on outsides, and R2D2 in center, it goes into a love scene from Star Wars II, it happened a while ago, so I don't remember if I got a fever or not, I know nothing about game you have, but maybe it has something to do with a relationship of character
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you all for your reply. I had this occur during a scene with Sado Sensei (Dr. Sane). When he drinks Sake, he gets tipsy and the numbers will start rotating on the screen.

P1282632b.jpg

The above photo is and example of the sequence, not of the actual sequence I'm referring to.

The three characters in question was Jirō Shima (Jordy Venture) 6, Sumusu Kodai (Derek Wildstar) 7, and Yuki Kodai (Nova Wildstar) 8. Yuki and Sumusu are married. Jiro is the younger brother of Daisuke Shima (Mark Venture) If the center number had been Miyuki Kodai 4, who is their daughter, That might have been different. From everyone's description, it sounds like it kind of a machine specific extra feature.
    Last edited by ackleplem; 05-31-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had a similar occurrence happen a few days ago. Only this time I got 8, 1, 2, on the reels. It brought me to a reach game, but again, no fever. This time, I was able to snap a photo of it.

P7133003a.jpg

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to ackleplem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

no idea, Ive never played pachinko with a camera in my hand, does it improve the odds of getting a fever
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

12. The following user says "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My husband floated this as a theory, based on his knowledge of similar tricks used by Konami and Namco in their videogames:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_wordplay

Basically, each number represents a word or word "fragment", making a different word (or even a name). In other words, not quite a form of pun.

Unfortunately, we would need more knowledge of Japanese vocabulary, and possibly more knowledge of Yamato: Resurrection and/or of Sankyo's culture as relates to "easter eggs".

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to LynnInDenver

Thanks
    Thanks Received

To answer your question Quester, having a camera in hand probably does not improve the odds of getting a fever. I write player guidebooks for the machines that I own. I have placed a number of them on pachislodb.com. I am currently working on one for Yamato Resurrection, hence the camera on hand. With amount of scenes and games this machine has, it may need a few volumes.

Interesting theory on the play on words, Lynn. That could be possible. The characters represented by those numbers are: 8 Miharu Sasaki, 1 Ryo Kamijo, and 2 Captain Pascal. The first two are Yamato crew members and the other is a reluctant ally. This is the only Sankyo machine I have, so I have nothing to compare it with. The numbers in Japanese are 8 (hachi), 1 (ichi), and 2 (ni). My knowledge of the language is rudimentary at best. I will continue to document any observations regarding this.