Thread: E2 error on coinless Big Chance machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default E2 error on coinless Big Chance machine

I got a mostly working machine that was previously converted to coinless (at least 5 years ago, as the company that did it stopped doing it that long ago).

Right now it works for a while, but will randomly start flashing, playing 2 alternating tones, static in the speakers, small florescent bulbs kinda flashing (like it is trying to start up, even though it was just on fine), and the error code E2 showing. I found a manual, and it looks like E2 is something to do with a Change Error, but there is nothing in there for taking or giving out money.

It will start doing this at random times, even if the machine is just sitting there with nothing touching it, and no one playing it. Sitting there quietly, then just starts making noise and throwing the error. I can open it up and press a red reset button inside, and it will eventually stop, and start working again.

I do see a board was added, and parts of the wiring plugged into the board. I'm pretty sure this is an add on board to allow the machine to work without the hopper or other coin mechanisms. The board says:
    E-Coin
    HQ-V3.0

I'm guessing that since it is complaining about something that is not there, the add on board is failing, as that is what is faking the signals for those missing parts.

I have 2 questions,
    1) does my guess seem reasonable/correct? (the small add on board is bad)
    2) if so, where I can get a replacement? I have not been able to find one so far (but also not exactly sure what to search for)

here is a short video showing the error just starting with nothing happening to it, then reset, then it works fine for a while.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOCx...ature=youtu.be

20150515_164803.jpg20150515_164828.jpg20150515_164844.jpg20150515_164954.jpg

I also tried searching around the forum, but E2 is too short, so I'm not exactly sure what else to search for....

2. The following user says "Thanks" to yzguyfl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: E2 error on coinless Big Chance machine

sorry i cant really help ya..

but wanted to say
    Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Aboard

Hmm not really my thing. But.... an unknown chip with the model number rubbed off. 4 opto-isolator. The bottom 3 get their impulse from the ic and add credit to the machine. The top one must be the one that fools the hopper into thinking it has tokens coming out.
    On most machines E2 is payout error execpt on Sammy Rodeo Aristo · IGT · Ginza where it can be a ram error.

What I would do, is with the power off, Unplug the board. Switch the power on and wait and see if the error comes back by its self. If it doesn't then we can blame the board. If it does, the fault is else where.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The center pin on the transistor doesn't look like it has a very good solder joint to me.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did not think it would power up correctly without the board, but I tried it and it did. Then the florecent flashing (not the payout flashing) and static in the speakers did happen but with no board it did not trigger the error. Now I'm guessing that it may not really be a problem in the board directly but something else that is triggering the issue. Maybe a power fluctuation or something. With the board gone the "trigger" is still happening.

I did try wiggling a bunch of wires but nothing seemed to trigger it. Although this is easier to test without the board, as without it I don't have to reset it, the static only lasts for second or two.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll try to make the solder joint better but I don't think the board I'd triggering the issue.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to yzguyfl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I found something, still not sure it is root of the issue, but will likely be good enough.
    If I pull out both small fluorescent bulbs, it does not do this anymore!
    Not sure exactly why. I may try to see if I can just find new bulbs and see if that works, but not sure I can find these little things. If I can't, or if the issue returns with the new bulbs (guessing could also be the ballast for them) then I'll just wire up some strip LED lights. The only issue is, does anyone know where I can find a 12v DC switched power source I can hook them up to? I'd rather use something switched by the master switch. I could just run my own converter from the main power, but then it would not be switched by the master power switch.

I did some initial probing around, and it seems everything in the main power box is low voltage AC. I know there are 12v DC lights on it, so I know there is a converter somewhere (I can't just tap off the lights because they are only on for wins, they are not always on)