Thread: Akimono/Pinball Dave Kudos

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Akimono/Pinball Dave Kudos

Just some unsolicited thanks to both Frank and Dave of Akimono and PinballDave respectively.

My first ever machine (an EVA6) came in excellent condition, despite Fedex's determination to kill the thing -- you should have seen what they did to the box!

I was very impressed with the condition of the machine. A few light scratches, but nothing like I expected a 'Used' machine to look like. The Japanese must really take care of their, and other's, stuff!

The playfield was exceptionally clean -- just a few places were there was some light dirt that came off with a damp Q-Tip. The only real wear on the machine is on the outside of the through-hole where 90% of the balls appear to bounce off of. I had to go looking for it, and no one is going to notice.

The pinball machines I used to clean in the 80s (yes, I worked in an arcade) were 10 times dirtier than this machine, and we cleaned them once a month.

I also purchased a dongle and card reader. After 4 ball loans, the thing decided to die in the weirdest way possible. I emailed Aki, who forwarded me to Dave for some troubleshooting. Here is where my experience really shines.. Frank took the time to help me diagnose this very weird issue with several in-depth eMails. After some testing we figured out what the issue is, and Aki took care of it.

All in all an excellent experience! Sure something broke, but it was taken care of quickly and professionally. THAT leaves me with an even better impression. Frank & Dave: THANKS!!!

(Mods: Hope this is OK and in the right place. TY!)

2. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to justdigi