Thread: Minimalist Wallet

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Minimalist Wallet

I've carried the same wallet now for almost 15 years. I used to carry a leather back pocket monstrosity however my employment requires I do a lot of driving. my back started feeling the effects. I switched to a front pocket wallet made by Steinhausen and have used it for years. I have never misplaced a credit card or even the wallet itself since I've owned it. The wallet only carries six cards, no more, and any less they would fall out. But it's heavy. Very heavy. So I recently found a wallet on a website that caught my eye. Very simple, yet they wanted $78 for the thing. Recently, the price went down to $32 but I still considered it an outrageous price for the thing, considering it probably cost less than a buck to make it.

About a month ago, i was buying some stuff through Amazon when it appeared in one of the banners on the side of the page. Low and behold, here is the stupid wallet for $7. So I added it to my order. I've been using it for several weeks now and I love it! I'm thinking about buying one more as a spare while they are still available. My only complaint is that it is so light, I don't know it's there and I go into panic mode thinking I've misplaced it while standing in the checkout line. I must look pretty funny groping myself trying to find it.

Some pics of the old and the new... The wallet contains 8 bills in each of the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Hardy har har...

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Meathead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Minimalist Wallet

Very cool! I am going to need a new wallet soon - I have been using one my grandfather gave to me when I was a teenager and it's finally starting to fall apart. I am also a minimalist by nature when it comes to clothing and accessories, so this wallet is appealing.

Thanks for sharing!
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Minimalist Wallet

"Sage" is the color I bought. The other one is called "Olive." There is a third color available if your willing to spring $25 extra for a color. They also come in leather and those are $39.
    A Hardy har har...