Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 8 1/2 Women Vid Clips

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 8 1/2 Women Vid Clips

From the very unusual movie 8 1/2 Women comes these clips inside a Pachinko Parlor etc. By the way when I was a young whipper snapper a few years ago this movie would have been rated a soft X but nowadays you young uns' get a R rating n this movie...incredible...also no "R" stuff in these clips...sorry ( )

The first one is part of the opening main opening credits. They attempt to show how fantastic the lights are on the outside of these places :

http://pachitalk.gamershive.com/Pach...%20Parlors.mpg

This second clip really makes me wonder just how big are those pachinko balls anyway? Don't they look bigger in this clip than normal ??? :

http://pachitalk.gamershive.com/Pach...the_Balls!.mpg

This third clip is actually the beginning of the movie after the main credits. You can see why she was of great interest...

http://pachitalk.gamershive.com/Pach...or_Scene_1.mpg

The fourth and final clip :

http://pachitalk.gamershive.com/Pach...or_Scene_2.mpg

There is another Pachinko parlor scene but it has too much nudity....

Anyway the rest of the movie has these 8 women and then hmmm the 1/2 also. The pachinko scenes are here for you anyway...

Enjoy !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 8 1/2 Women Vid Clips

8 1/2 Women

A Film Review by James Berardinelli

United Kingdom/Germany, 1999
    U.S. Release Date: 5/26/00 (limited)
    Running Length: 2:00
    MPAA Classification: R (Nudity, sex, profanity, taboo subjects)
    Theatrical Aspect Ratio: 1.66:1
    Seen at Ritz 5, Philadelphia

Cast: John Standing, Matthew Delamere, Vivian Wu, Annie Shizuka Inoh, Barbara Sarafian, Kirina Mano, Toni Collette, Amanda Plummer, Natacha Amal, Manna Fujiwara, Polly Walker
    Director: Peter Greenaway
    Producer: Kees Kasander
    Screenplay: Peter Greenaway
    Cinematography: Sacha Vierny
    U.S. Distributor: Lions Gate Films

No one will ever mistake iconoclast director Peter Greenaway for a mainstream filmmaker. In tone, style, and themes, his movies contrast starkly with almost everything else available in the motion picture industry. Greenaway, whose films include The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and Her Lover and The Pillow Book, seems to embrace controversy. His movies are typified by frequent nudity and stylistic quirks and flourishes. Greenaway's latest, 8 1/2 Women, is representative of the kind of films he has made throughout his career. It's a dark comedy filled with low-key, macabre humor and occasional bubbles of melodrama. Like all other Greenaway movies, 8 1/2 Women transpires in a surreal setting that reflects our reality as seen through a looking glass darkly. Greenaway's characters exist in a vacuum, and the consequences of their actions, if any, rarely extend beyond the boundaries of what's shown on screen.

Thematically and plot-wise, 8 1/2 Women is not an ambitious motion picture. Its central, driving ideas are that sex is important to a healthy, vital lifestyle and that an abstract fantasy is often more fulfilling than the reality. Neither of these are innovative or unusual concepts for filmmakers to embrace. The story is thin and the characters are not well developed; these traditional cinematic elements exist primarily to provide a framework in which Greenaway can operate to present a variety of outrageous sequences.

8 1/2 Women's lead characters are Philip Emmenthal (veteran British actor John Standing), and his adult son, Storey (Sacha Vierny). Following the death of his mother, Storey visits Philip at his Geneva estate, where the older man has yielded to grief-induced depression. The two go to the movies, and, after seeing Fellini's 8 1/2, they are seduced by an idea: collect 8 1/2 women to form a harem. They begin with Simato (Annie Shizuka Inoh), a gambling addict who agrees to be the men's concubine in return for an unlimited line of credit at one of 8 1/2 Tokyo gambling houses owned by the Emmenthals. Next is shy Mio (Kirina Mano), a woman who longs to improve her femininity by becoming a female impersonator. Griselda (Toni Collette, sporting a very odd accent) is a wannabe nun whom Philip saves from a prison term. Beryl (Amanda Plummer, also with a weird accent), who wears a neck brace, has an unhealthy fascination with pigs and horses. Giaconda (Natacha Amal) is continually pregnant. Palmira (a delightful Polly Walker) is a sexual adventuress who agrees to be Philip's ***** for a year for the sum of $75,000. Kito (Vivian Wu) is Storey's Japanese interpreter. Clothilde (Barbara Sarafian) is one of Philip's housekeepers. And Giulietta (Manna Fujiwara) is #8 1/2, a wheelchair-bound woman with no legs.

The film uses Fellini's 8 1/2 as a jumping-off point, and there are some thematic similarities, especially in the way both movies stray into the realm of sexual fantasy. However, Greenaway takes his film into darker territory. During the course of 8 1/2 Women, the director challenges two taboos: homosexual incest and bestiality. No deviant sexual practices are depicted, but it doesn't require much imagination for the viewer to figure out what's transpiring off camera. The dialogue occasionally centers on a certain male reproductive organ. At times, Greenaway has his characters rhapsodize poetically about its miraculous construction. On other occasions, the lines are crude, causing one to wonder if Greenaway included them purely for their shock value.

Those expecting all manner of visual oddities will be disappointed. Aside from occasionally superimposing pages of the screenplay over establishing shots, Greenaway rarely does anything surprising or unusual. There are some nice images, such as one in which Storey and Philip sit by the side of a pool and are illuminated by the dancing, undulating reflections of nearby lights off the water, but such inventive photographic instances do little to enhance the story - because there isn't much of a story.

As is always the case with Greenaway films, this one contains copious nudity (both male and female), some erotic and some decidedly not. Greenaway's actors generally don't hold anything back (or keep anything hidden). "Victims" this time around include John Standing, Matthew Delamere, Polly Walker, Toni Collette, and Amanda Plummer. In fact, just about the only one to keep her clothing on throughout is Vivian Wu - and she spent a significant portion of The Pillow Book nude.

8 1/2 Women will split viewers, with fans of the director appreciating its audacity and dark humor while many others will be offended by its crassness, bluntness, and dabbling in taboo subjects. So, unless you like the offbeat simply because it's offbeat, 8 1/2 Women may not be the best choice for an evening's entertainment.
    © 2000 James Berardinelli

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great video clips, Lew!!

That took quite a bit of time to do.

Did you recognize any of the games by their title?
    Dennis

I have a passion for Pachinko!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Slotter : Thanks for posting that review. For some reason I tend to lean the direction of maybe 3.5 outta 5 stars . This is truly one of the most unusual movies I have ever seen plus it has Pachinkos to boot
    And Annie Shizuka Inoh ain't half bad to look at either

Bilko44 : Some of the games look familiar to me but I would have to still frame them and do some heavy research. I am sure someone out there immediately can recognize them and tell us the year and make etc.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i bought this on dvd after it was mentioned in the old way.

strange, but intresting.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Available on eBay now for $9.40 BIN plus $4.50 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This movie looks disturbing and confusing, but I'm buying now as I've never seen it before.
    Kamehany

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Kamehany after you watch it : tell us what you thought about it. Also if it has any extras(besides the trailer) on it pertaining to Pachinkos let us know.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

a wealthy father and son move women with gambling, mental or physical problems into their home for sex.

definately not a family movie.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Aww yep you pretty much summed up the movie Lucky as it touched on about every taboo there is plus owning a pachinko parlor...Definitely not a Disney movie and it should be rated X not R....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just reuploaded these clips @ :

pachitalk.gamershive.com

in the movie subdirectory

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Interesting! Thanks for uploading those again, Lew. Finally got to view the clips. These are large clips, though, folks. Need a fast connection to download them.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is the latest synopsis of this film from one of the eBay auctions.

Synopsis:
    From Peter Greenaway, one of Britain's most controversial directors, 8 1/2 Women is a laconic black comedy that examines the age-old phenomenon of male sexual fantasy, its roots and consequences. A rich businessman from Geneva acquires eight and a half pachinko parlors in Kyoto, Japan. They are run by his son who is fascinated by earthquakes. When the father's beloved wife dies, the son takes him to see Federico Fellini's film 8 1/2 to distract him from his grief and rekindle some interest in the opposite sex. Inspired by Fellini's vision, they bring eight and a half women from Japan and Europe and turn the father's Geneva mansion into a private harem. Amanda Plummer, Toni Collette, Polly Walker and Vivian Wu (the protagonist of Greenaway's previous film The Pillow Book), head the cast of this multi-layered film that failed to reach the degree of critical acclaim of Greenaway's previous works.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I bought and watched this movie. I enjoyed the scenes in the pachinko hall. I thought the twist at the was great. But there are some very disturbing connotation and scenes.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep it's a shocker here and there for sure. A couple of ladies in this movie are quite interesting...My primary interest was the pachinko parlor scenes but the female scenery is kinda nice also...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

These 8 1/2 women movie clips have been moved.

All 4 clips have been compressed using divx and have been zipped to one file and are now available only here in one large download (31 Megs) :

http://rapidshare.de/files/4343828/8.5.zip.html

Again if you go to download this later and it says it is not there : Just let me know and I will reupload for you. When the file is unzipped you will have 4 clips of this weird movie.

Enjoy !!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: 8 1/2 Women Vid Clips

Hi Azlew

Do you still have those clips for me to download? I am so keen to still see them, it sounds so interesting.

Thanks

Pachistyle

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pachistyle : They are still there.

I just checked :

You have requested the file 8.5.zip (30815874 Bytes)
    Go here and do the free download :

http://rapidshare.de/files/4343828/8.5.zip.html

Enjoy!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This link is down now.

If anyone would like to download and view this = let me know and I will reupload for you.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Got me real curious now

maybe I should start adding Pachinko's

or then again maybe not... I'd be sleeping on the couch..

wait a min. "That's Like Camping" from The Guy's Rules

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast