Thread: Custom wall decals for vintage pachinko machines

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Custom wall decals for vintage pachinko machines

Hi,

I just found the trade area so figured I would put myself out here. I cut vinyl wall decals and would trade custom decals for vintage machines. I used to sell them on etsy and eBay but now mostly at craft fairs. They are cad cut designs on a Graphtec CE5000. My biggest sellers are usually Star Wars but can do many other things. If anybody has an interest just send me a message. Looking for vintage style machines for either myself or to restore as gifts for family and friends.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Custom wall decals for vintage pachinko machines

Very slick looking cutter. Which one do you have, the 60 or 120? Does that plot too?

I've got a HP Designjet 3500CP 54" printer, pain in the butt!
    Brand new, each color ink is about $200, $300 for UV type (each is ink tank, cleaner and printhead).
    If you don't print something now and then the print heads dry out and it takes a little work to get them up again.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

4. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    Very slick looking cutter. Which one do you have, the 60 or 120? Does that plot too?

I've got a HP Designjet 3500CP 54" printer, pain in the butt!
    Brand new, each color ink is about $200, $300 for UV type (each is ink tank, cleaner and printhead).
    If you don't print something now and then the print heads dry out and it takes a little work to get them up again.
    thanks . It s the 60. I nearly got the 120 but the cost per roll of 4 foot wide rolls was too high for the amount of times I would really need to go that wide. I can still go about 24" wide by whatever long. Longest I have done is about 10 feet but could go longer. It is cad cut rather than print full color so whatever the color vinyl I am cutting from is the color you get. I will attach a sample from my daughter's room. It does plot and can cut or draw but I have never used the pen feature, only the knife. I also do shirts that cut from special vinyl but really only do as gifts as I found the work and cost is too high for making any money.

And I totally hear you on the heads drying out. I hate it when each color costs $20 on a printer, cannot imagine at $200 to $300, yikes!
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Excellent graphics in that room!

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    Excellent graphics in that room!
    Thank you! We surprised my daughter this summer with a room make over when she was away for a week with my mother. It was a surprise for my wife too as my wife told me not to do it whenever I brought it up and I primed the room anyway when she was out as I really wanted to do it. Luckily I pulled it off in time or there would have been a long time in the dog house

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtoad View Post
    Thank you! We surprised my daughter this summer with a room make over when she was away for a week with my mother. It was a surprise for my wife too as my wife told me not to do it whenever I brought it up and I primed the room anyway when she was out as I really wanted to do it. Luckily I pulled it off in time or there would have been a long time in the dog house
    But because it is vinyl, you can just pull it off if needed, right? It's not permanent. Or is it?
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

12. The following user says "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by heima View Post
    But because it is vinyl, you can just pull it off if needed, right? It's not permanent. Or is it?
    Hi,

yes it is removable but not repositionable. Once you remove it, it is no longer any good. It just peels off. The vinyl is a matte finish vinyl so looks like paint on the wall. Most popular is black or white but I have some other colors too.

Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by heima View Post

Also so not sure if I confused you about the priming. I first painted her room then the decals. Her room was purple and she was asking for something new for a while and my wife was resistant to doing it saying no time. I was able to paint and do the decals, new curtains and bedding in a week so made it in time.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You say it is a CAD cutter. So what file types does it support. I might be interested in getting something done. I have autocad here and could export to .dwg, .dxf , .stl . If it reads something else I might be able to make it work.

We have a small vinyl cutter at my school that I have been meaning to get working. (old unit, been there probably since the early 90's. Computer to use it runs windows 95.)

100 machines and counting...

16. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    You say it is a CAD cutter. So what file types does it support. I might be interested in getting something done. I have autocad here and could export to .dwg, .dxf , .stl . If it reads something else I might be able to make it work.

We have a small vinyl cutter at my school that I have been meaning to get working. (old unit, been there probably since the early 90's. Computer to use it runs windows 95.)
    Well I will explain as best I can. The cutter is made to cut graphics so it came with 2 software choices. A plugin for illustrator where you cut directly from illustrator and another software called I believe robomaster but I am not in front of my PC so cannot check for sure. My method is ridiculous and not in a good way... ;-)

i don't have illustrator so use the other software which crazily only imports BMP files. So what I do is I find something I like and open it in the free program Inkscape then trace it in Inkscape and save as an eps file and then open in Photoshop and save as a bmp file then open it in the cutting software which then converts it to cut. It sounds like a lot but really is not bad but I would prefer illustrator but never pulled the trigger. If working with text I do it in photoshop or directly in the cuttingsoftware but usually photoshop as I like it better.

The vinyl comes in long rolls of single color and the software sends the design to the cutter and the rollers move the roll back and forth while the cutting head moves side to side. Once done I weed out the excess with an exacto. Some designs are quick and easy others are harder. The ones of the horizontal sunflower design in my daughters room were very complex so it took about an hour of weeding. I did two of them and they are about 2'x5' each I think. Once done weeding, special tape gets put on the front. You peel off the back paper and put on the wall and remove the tape leaving the design. I can post pics of other designs I have used.

To to answer your question on the file type it could be an eps file or something like a jpg file and I can convert it.

Sorry for the long explanation bug wanted to explain how it worked.

Mike

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Alright that makes sense. I have photoshop and illustrator as well so seeing that both would work I could do it in there. (actually kinda prefer using photoshop over cad.)

100 machines and counting...

20. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Alright that makes sense. I have photoshop and illustrator as well so seeing that both would work I could do it in there. (actually kinda prefer using photoshop over cad.)
    Cool, if you want me to do something just let me know.

22. The following user says "Thanks" to Mrtoad