Thread: Nishijin B tulip question

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Nishijin B tulip question

Greetings,

I just got an old Nishijin B and am wanting to get it up and running. I found a jam instructions video and was able to follow the steps there to clear nearly everything out. I'm left with one issue, I think, illustrated in the attached small photo: the bottom left tulip appears to have several balls jammed under the metal bracket and is in the closed position. Does anyone know if they are indeed jammed, and if so, how I'd clear them out? Or is what I'm seeing normal?! I'm nervous about getting a bunch of balls loaded and going if it's not fully ready to go.

Thanks for any guidance. ...JZ
    photo1842.JPG

2. The following user says "Thanks" to jzlaw

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin B tulip question

The best way is to remove the whole tulip. Since it only has nails holding it in, just grab it firmly and pull forward slowly. Some come off really easy, others you need to use a small tool just under the metal where the nails are to get it loose, a little on each corner at a time - be careful not to bend the metal. Once it's off, it will be easier to get the stuck ball out. Good luck!
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!! Thanks for joining the forum!

Sounds like naha13 addressed your question- that is exactly how I would approach the issue as well. Take your time and go slow; removing the tulip is the easiest way to unclog the pocket.

Let us know what additional questions you have. We are happy to help!!

~Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

6. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i always try the simple solution first.. a nice magnet.. if they went in they should come out the same way..

i have something similar to this.. works great for reaching in thouse tight places

Bendable Magnetic Pickup Tools - Master Magnetics, Inc.

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks so much for the advice. I carefully pried off the tulip and used my dog's collar magnet to fetch about a dozen balls out. It was jammed further down the ramp behind the right tulip, too, so one more surgery and I was able to clear that out. I think all the ball bearings are now out of the machine.

Before I load it up again, I wanted to make sure I understand how it's supposed to work so I can tell if it's ready to go. Are balls supposed to go alternatively above and below the metal bar inside the tulip? And when I place a single ball on the ramp behind the extracted tulips, it appears to get stuck at the seesaw behind the machine that's always supposed to be in the / rather than \ position as you look at the machine from the rear. If I manually put the seesaw in the / position -- which was how it started out anyway -- the ball moves from that junction to the moveable lever in the final chute where if I lift the vertical bar next to it, it will exit the machine into the bin that goes behind. Does that sound like all is as it should be? I realize the top isn't full of balls yet so that lever isn't pressed, and maybe the balls are supposed to accumulate from the "lesser" tulips until the center jackpot is hit? I guess without a sense of how game play is supposed to work I don't know whether, if I load it up, it'll jam all over again.

Thanks again for the help, and for the welcome! I'll order up that magnetic fetcher tool. ...JZ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sticking seesaws are one of the most common problems seen on these machines. Hopefully a good cleaning of that part is all it will take. Lubricant is generally not recommended, but if still absolutely needed after cleaning (rare), use something that won't attract dust like silicon spray lube.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to DukeOfDelmar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

talke a took at this and see if it help answer a few questions..

yes your see saw sould be in the up position /

after the jackpot has cycled the falling balls should reset the seesaw back to the up position ready for another winner to start it all over again
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks -- the seesaw seems to move freely. I hear a ball rolling back and forth when I tip it, but it does not exit, and there's nothing blocking the path out of the seesaw in the down position. Is there a ball that just stays inside there at all times by design, to balance it? (I confess I don't really understand what the seesaw does.)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the seesaw has 2 pachinko balls in it.. there are stuck there for weight transfer and balance..

the sesaw is there to regulate jackpot payouts.. it slows the cycle down, cause a player will hit multi jackpots in a row and the machine can not payout that fast..

if ya have not had a chanch take a look at this...

Model "B" how to - YouTube

at about 3:50 in there is action vid of the back during a few payouts..

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances