Thread: Negative Feedback

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Negative Feedback

Just had to vent a little. Had a ebay user buy a machine from me with a zero feedback rating (new to ebay). Anyway they get the machine and send me an e-mail saying that the left reel is rubbing on the front door and on the SAME DAY they leave me negative feedback stating "Asked for help. Recieved none. Item arrived unoperable". ARRGGG!!!!! - So frustrating that you don't even get a chance to resolve the problem.

I think that new ebayers really don't understand how big of a deal negative feedback is.

The problem was the reel cage become dislodged on the left side and you just have to slide it back into place. Takes about 5 seconds to fix. The model was a YAMASA and some of you may know that there are only two screws on the right side that hold the reel cage in place. On the left side it just slides into a slot to secure it which becomes a problem if the machine is shipped upside down since it likes to become dislodged (even though I put "This Side Up" stickers all over the box).

From now I am going to include a piece of paper on the machine that says if you the left reel is rubbing do this! Seems like about 10% of machines I send out have this happen in shipping because no matter what you put on the box, you are going to have somebody transport it upside down sometimes.
    ]INIT HELLO

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Negative Feedback

That's really aggravating, DD. Maybe you can get this reversed with the newbie's assistance once he's happy?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've noticed more negative feedbacks come from new users with 0, 1, or 2 than any other users. They just don't understand the impact I guess.
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Negative Feedback

Just leave a follow up note on feedback or Leave them a Negative Feedback. Sometimes there is just nothing you can do and a retard will leave a Negative that was not warranted. I currently return feedback instead of leaving it when they pay. I wish ebay would let me Automatically block any 0 Bidders unless they e-mail me for permission. Mike : )

ebay user id : vgc
    - Owner Video Game Connection -
    -" ATARI 2600 to NINTENDO SWITCH “-

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I dunno how it happened, but I won a nintendo 64 game, (not from vgc), never got responses from seller, in the auction it stated "Please allow 2-3 days for shipping." Ok, no problem. after 43 days with no tracking # repeated emails with no response. I filed a complaint with paypal. I got my money. Left a NEUTRAL stating I never recieved product, and customer support didn't exsist. I dunno how the sob did it, but somehow they got that NEUTRAL feedback removed. and they left me a neg. stating they refunded my money due to me harassing them within 3hrs. of auction end. I can't get a bs. neg taken off but they can get a Neutral taken off?????????????? What gives??????????????

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, that doesn't sound right. Were they a Silver Powerseller or higher ? eBay does tend to play favorites sometimes. The more money you make for them the more they help you out. Silver Powersellers get a 1-800 number they can call to get customer service. I used it a couple times but they never really helped me out. Mike : )

Thanks
    Thanks Received

About the bidders with 0 feedback, just state on your auction that you will not accept bids from people with 0 feedback unless they email you and then you can to explain to them that you will help when probs arrise but you need them to give you some time. That always works for me, just make them talk to you beofre bidding.
    **Oh Hanabi**
    **Sakura Fubuki**
    **Babel**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alexilla
    About the bidders with 0 feedback, just state on your auction that you will not accept bids from people with 0 feedback unless they email you and then you can to explain to them that you will help when probs arrise but you need them to give you some time. That always works for me, just make them talk to you beofre bidding.
    Just because you state it in your auction does not stop them from bidding in it. Its to much of a pain to constantly check auctions and cancel their bids also. I get tons of last minute ebay 0 feedback bidders that dont pay up. They just dont read. Kill em all. Mike : )

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i never buy from anyone will a low feedback,

and some newbies don't understand how ebay works or even how their computer works.

i just had a zero bidder pay after 10 days and 3 invoices to him.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just got a bad feedback from a guy that bought the Pink Panther machine. ALl I know is that it worked great when it left here, but he said he couldnt get coins to drop through. I figured he tried to reset it adn didnt lock it in, so I walked him thorugh it. Never heard back from him, even after emailing him to ask if everything was ok. A few days later I get a bad feedback. I email him again and he refuses to answer. Makes no sense, oh well I just folled it up explainin git wasnt my foault. If there really was a problem then it was a UPS damage problem and they would have taken care of it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Leave this after the neg. they left you
    Reel cage became lose in shipping, fixed with one email. very inpatient person
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have bought a lot of junk --- uh, stuff off ebay and never once have I left negative feedback, not even neutral. I haven't sold anything yet, but I suppose that's when the idiots will leave something bad.

What burns me up, as a buyer, is when I pay for something, item arrives and I leave positive feedback and the seller NEVER leaves feedback, even after contacting them, or trying to.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you just learn to go with the flow
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Utopia1dc

Ebay needs to look into revamping the feedback system. Too many good people get bogus negatives, yet crooks keep getting their negatives removed. Before I bid, I usually research why a seller (read their response) has a negative and then use my judgement.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by vgc
    Just because you state it in your auction does not stop them from bidding in it. Its to much of a pain to constantly check auctions and cancel their bids also. I get tons of last minute ebay 0 feedback bidders that dont pay up. They just dont read. Kill em all. Mike : )
    Actually, Ebay does give sellers the ability to block bidders with feedback of 5 or less. Go to "My Ebay" and look under "My Account" in the column on the left. Click on "Ebay Preferences". Scroll down to "Seller Preferences" where you will see "Block buyers who:". Go to the right and click on "change". Here you can block bidders from any country to which you do not ship, negative feedback buyers and buyers with 2 unpaid item strikes in the past 30 days. The next category is "Buyers who bid on several of my items and not pay for them". This allows you to block buyers who are currently winning, or have bought in the last 10 days, from 1-100 of your auctions. Set this to "1". The next selection allows you to only apply this block to users with feedbacks of (1-5) or less. These steps should block most problem bidders.

Kevin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great information, PachiFool. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by PachiFool
    Actually, Ebay does give sellers the ability to block bidders with feedback of 5 or less. Go to "My Ebay" and look under "My Account" in the column on the left. Click on "Ebay Preferences". Scroll down to "Seller Preferences" where you will see "Block buyers who:". Go to the right and click on "change". Here you can block bidders from any country to which you do not ship, negative feedback buyers and buyers with 2 unpaid item strikes in the past 30 days. The next category is "Buyers who bid on several of my items and not pay for them". This allows you to block buyers who are currently winning, or have bought in the last 10 days, from 1-100 of your auctions. Set this to "1". The next selection allows you to only apply this block to users with feedbacks of (1-5) or less. These steps should block most problem bidders.

Kevin
    Hello, yes I know all this but you still cannot automatically block 0 Bidders. Mike : )

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Whoa, My Bad you are correct this is something New !!!

Block Buyers who may bid on several of my items and not pay for them

and you can adjust the multiple to 1, and feedback of 0 or less. Thanks this is good news. Mike : )

ps. I like that Sonic Avatar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by vgc
    Whoa, My Bad you are correct this is something New !!!

Block Buyers who may bid on several of my items and not pay for them

and you can adjust the multiple to 1, and feedback of 0 or less. Thanks this is good news. Mike : )

ps. I like that Sonic Avatar
    It is a fairly recent (I think) and (as far as I can tell) unannounced addition. I only found out about it because I filed a complaint with Ebay and had one of their reps point it out to me. Again, it's not foolproof but it helps. Scamming @-h0les will always find some way around the system.

Kevin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i have a zero bidder bidding on 2 of my auctions.

he has high bid and after 5 years as an ebay member has never won or sold anything.

it doesn't make sense after 5 years to decide to bid on something and win now?

i hope he gets outbid!!!
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese