Thread: Nice looking Early 90's Animal Land.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Nice looking Early 90's Animal Land.

For sale is an Early 90's Animal Land. Most likely this was a re-issue of an early 80's Hanemono, but the frame and tray look to be more early 90's (at least according to pictures in Diddy's Hanemono Room Diddy's Hanemono Room)

The price is a bit steep, but it includes free shipping in the continental US so that brings the price down a bit.

It looks like it's in a custom cabinet, don't know if that's included.

Hanemono's are perfect jumping off points for vintage players who want a little more jazz to their game. They are good examples of the evolution of the transition from vintage to current modern pachinkos, in that they have a "fever mode" but unlike current moderns, the frequency and duration of the mode is determined by shot selection and timing, not some preset factory odds.

This one is mechanically based on the Nishijin Model "C" Vintage and most of the mechanical aspects to the game are identical to that vintage model. The shooter of course, is electric, but shot intensity is still controlled via spring pressure vs. the stepper motor commonly used today. Also most of the electronics are "bolted" on and are simply there to control the center feature animation, lights, and LED displays.

I have an Early 80's Nishijin "Hit Parade" and absolutely love it...

On to the Pics.

Animal Land 1.JPGAnimal Land 2.jpgAnimal Land 3.jpg
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nice looking Early 90's Animal Land.

71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2

4. The following user says "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have an Animal Land... I can vouch that its a good machine. This one is in better shape than the one I have... but then I spent $40 plus about $8 gas on mine.

It does suffer from the occasional error when you don't get any in the yaku during the bonus (if you're refilling balls, for instance, and don't have three hands). Not sure if that's just mine or a problem with the design.
    Woof!

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

More random trivia

Diddy's Room and Gibisans are 'Compirate's sites / pages and so the info is good stuff

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

8. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Chumsize View Post
    It does suffer from the occasional error when you don't get any in the yaku during the bonus (if you're refilling balls, for instance, and don't have three hands). Not sure if that's just mine or a problem with the design.
    That is an issue with the design. I ran into it myself. As long as at least one ball gets in the yaku per round, you're good. Otherwise the siren starts going off and you can only reset it by unplugging it. Nearly soiled myself the first time it happened, I was tinkering with the back and was testing out the payout holes and of course I had already tested the other two non "V Spot holes in the Yaku. So I started a bonus and was testing the other payout holes and all of the sudden the machine starts screeching. I had no idea what had happened. I thought I some how seriously FUBAR'ed the machine. Unplugged it and re plugged it in and she was happy once again. I figured it was because I had activated a fever with the glass open and it was some sort of anti-cheat alarm.

About a week or so later, during normal play I was doing a 500 ball challenge with my Vintage...(don't ask me why, I'm amused by the littlest of things), and the rules of the challenge were you had to stop immediately when the Gaku counter showed 500 balls shot. Well wouldn't you know it. I hit a fever at ball 498, the next two balls missed the yaku, so I stopped shooting and started to move over to my vintage...20 seconds later, the Hanemono starts screaming...Ah Ha!!! Now I understand.

Still don't know the purpose of the alarm. Now I think it's just a shame alarm. Can't get a single ball in the yaku during a round? Epic FAIL

10. The following user says "Thanks" to p.opus