Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pachinko Virgin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Wiring Diagram

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    Jackpot switch wire colors?
    Jackpot bulb socket wire colors? (positive is in center of socket on bottom, negative is on side of socket)
    Low Reward Tray switch wire colors?
    Low reward tray bulb socket wire colors?
    Fuse wire colors?

I'll try to draw something up just for your machine. Thanks!

Alright, this could be a good way to school me on my terms as well. I'll break this down into four sections and you can maybe put a name to the switch or section. Without pulling the entire rear panel I can't see any bulbs. I will do this if it's necessary but it seems a bit daunting with all of the old fragile plastic tabs and clips.

This first section can be referred to as command central. I believe this is where a battery and fuse would have been and I would like to install a small external switch. The outlet that you can see in the image has a red wire on the left; yellow on the right and yellow and white wires coming from the center (currently just twisted together) There are two blue wires coming up to this point that are also just twisted together.
    IMG_4610_zps29d4d0ff.jpg

This next switch has a blue and a yellow wire coming from it and is located directly under command central.
    IMG_4633_zps663cc6a5.jpg

This third switch is located under the main hopper and may be a low ball warning? It has a red and a blue wire that are routed behind the rear panel over to command central (Is that term getting annoying yet?)
    IMG_4631_zps0f194d18.jpg

The last bit I have no clue about. There are just two wires (one yellow one red) cut off flush with the hole where my finger is pointing.
    IMG_4634_zpse5d86f73.jpg

I'm not aware or any other wires or lights.

Thanks again for your help.

BTW I'm already thinking about my next Pachinko. These things are worse than crack.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Polara Pat

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko Virgin

Don't worry about the existing wiring. The original wiring was designed to work within pachinko parlors that had AC to DC converters on them so they had to be fused.

A vintage machine can actually run on a 9 volt battery. My vintage A runs off a standard small 9 voltage battery and the battery lasts over a month of fairly consistent play.

I would just rip all the existing wiring out.

Carl W's schematic is really all you need.

I simply got a 9 volt battery clip and a mounting clip and mounted the battery to the back board. I don't worry about a fuse or an "on off" switch since I normally keep balls in my machine (which keeps the jackpot low light off) and the jackpot award light is only a momentary flash.

If I ever empty my machine, I just take the battery clip off the 9 volt.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

4. The following user says "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just noticed that it looks like you have the exact same machine that belonged to one of the members that I stole the picture from! I think they were asking how to wire it when they had it. Small world, eh?
    スカイダンス

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Wiring Diagram

Quote Originally Posted by Polara Pat View Post
    Alright, this could be a good way to school me on my terms as well. I'll break this down into four sections and you can maybe put a name to the switch or section. Without pulling the entire rear panel I can't see any bulbs. I will do this if it's necessary but it seems a bit daunting with all of the old fragile plastic tabs and clips.

You can pull the entire panel, no big deal, just unscrew those posts with the phillips head screws all the way. They will be easier to remove when the back is off. Put the posts back on first when it's time to re-assemble.

This first section can be referred to as command central. I believe this is where a battery and fuse would have been and I would like to install a small external switch. The outlet that you can see in the image has a red wire on the left; yellow on the right and yellow and white wires coming from the center (currently just twisted together) There are two blue wires coming up to this point that are also just twisted together.
    IMG_4610_zps29d4d0ff.jpg

Looks to me like you would just pull those wires and the bulb sockets would come out the back, check the front plastic for screws and remove plastic; if there are screws. Otherwise those bulbs are changed from the back.
    Wires look like to me:
    Red wire to center of bulb on left
    Yellow to center of bulb on right
    White wire to negative on left bulb
    White wire to negative on right bulb

This next switch has a blue and a yellow wire coming from it and is located directly under command central.
    IMG_4633_zps663cc6a5.jpg

Blue and yellow wire to jackpot leaf switch

This third switch is located under the main hopper and may be a low ball warning? It has a red and a blue wire that are routed behind the rear panel over to command central (Is that term getting annoying yet?)
    IMG_4631_zps0f194d18.jpg

Red and blue wire to low reward tray micro switch wired normally closed (when lever is up / switch is ON)

The last bit I have no clue about. There are just two wires (one yellow one red) cut off flush with the hole where my finger is pointing.
    IMG_4634_zpse5d86f73.jpg

Sometimes there is an additional low reward tray bulb in that area. I can't tell what it is. Open the front shooting door and take a picture from there, please. But right above your finger, just unscrew those posts, you don't have to worry about breaking the plastic tabs then. Then the entire back of the machine will come off.

I'm not aware or any other wires or lights.

Thanks again for your help.

BTW I'm already thinking about my next Pachinko. These things are worse than crack.
    So, my opinion on how your machine would be wired based upon assumptions above...
    Battery negative goes to optional switch, then to optional fuse, then to both white bulb wires.

Red low reward bulb wire goes to red low reward tray switch wire.

Yellow jackpot bulb wire goes to yellow jackpot switch wire

Both blue switch wires go to battery positive.

The optional switch and optional fuse can be on the positive side if desired.

Test the bulbs first to make sure they are not burnt out.
    Twist the wires before making final connections and test out.
    Sand contacts on leaf switch with about 150 paper.
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I heartily suggest spending a small amount of money (<$15) on a cheap digital multimeter. For example, here's one on sale from Harbor Freight Tools for only $5.29 (plus shipping).

7 Function Multimeter

It's absolutely not the kind of thing a professional electrician or electronics repairman would use, but it's perfectly acceptable for what you need. Set it to resistance mode (ohms, Ω). Put one test lead on one wire, the other on the next wire. If they're connected, the meter will read 0. If they're not connected, it'll read 1. Beware of blown fuses or dead light bulbs - these will interrupt the circuit and give you a "1". You can even place the leads between a switch and toggle it back and forth. 1, 0. 1, 0. 1, 0. It's fun for all ages!

Make notes of what goes where. We can help you decipher the results. When you're ready to reinstall, go to Home Depot and buy fresh new hookup wire. You can buy it cheaply by the foot and color-code things however you like.

(To me, this is the easy part. I speak wiring pretty well. It's the mechanical parts I'm still working on learning.)

-Dito

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to bundito

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks guys. That quick wiring plan from CarlW looks like it will get me pointed in the right direction. I have lots of 12 volt wiring stuff from building cars and bikes. I might just pick up a 9 volt battery holder today for my power supply. I do also have a few multi meters so I can check for continuity between the circuits to make sure that I have a good connection. Are there bulbs it the top corners of the playing field? I'm trying to get away from removing the back panel to access bulbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydanz View Post
    I just noticed that it looks like you have the exact same machine that belonged to one of the members that I stole the picture from! I think they were asking how to wire it when they had it. Small world, eh?
    I wonder if that member still has that machine and if they got their wiring sorted.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Polara Pat

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh man!!! I opened the can of worms. I really hope this will go back together and actually work. There was no way around it, the wires coming out of the lower section were cut too short to splice so I needed to remove the whole back. I can now see that the connector with all of the wires at the top which I referred to as command central are actually a two bulb light assembly that light up on the top right of the machine face. There are no bulbs or wires going to the adjacent hole on the face but it seems like there should be lights in there too.
    IMG_4637_zps7e52d3c3.jpg

Here you can see all of the wires in my system laid out together. The red and yellow that come from the box that was located behind where the shooter is had the short lengths of wire. I've since lengthened them and returned the box and wooden backing. It doesn't seem too obvious where these wires go. Everything else has a factory solder on it's correct location (maybe) except the two blues (which we now think are + to the battery and the yellow and white coming out of the center of the light cluster.
    IMG_4639_zps694542d2.jpg

Am I on the right track or should I run away screaming?

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Polara Pat

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Pachinko Virgin

Oh man!!! I opened the can of worms. I really hope this will go back together and actually work. There was no way around it, the wires coming out of the lower section were cut too short to splice so I needed to remove the whole back. I can now see that the connector with all of the wires at the top which I referred to as command central are actually a two bulb light assembly that light up on the top right of the machine face. There are no bulbs or wires going to the adjacent hole on the face but it seems like there should be lights in there too.
    IMG_4637_zps7e52d3c3.jpg

You took quite a bit apart. It should go back together nice, just reverse your steps.

Here you can see all of the wires in my system laid out together. The red and yellow that come from the box that was located behind where the shooter is had the short lengths of wire. I've since lengthened them and returned the box and wooden backing. It doesn't seem too obvious where these wires go. Everything else has a factory solder on it's correct location (maybe) except the two blues (which we now think are + to the battery and the yellow and white coming out of the center of the light cluster.
    IMG_4639_zps694542d2.jpg

That looks like a relay or a solenoid, could be either for a flag or used to alert the attendant. Maybe Mopar knows? I haven't seen one like that. I don't think it is required and wouldn't worry about that right now. But you might worry anyway, so see if there is any kind of writing on it or if it has mounting screws, take it apart and take a really close up picture.

Am I on the right track or should I run away screaming?
    You are committed now, you can't run away or hide. Clean up the mechanism as best you can if you are afraid about taking that all apart too. If it was mine, I'd have it apart already, cleaned it in the laundry tub and drying on a towel waiting to be re-assembled...

Just rubbing it in with this picture...

DSC04616.jpg

It does look like there is an additional hole for lights on the wood part of your machine. Does that other hole line up with the reward tray, the upper ramp, or a colored lens on the front. A LOT of vintages have colored lenses on the front without any "stock" lights. I enjoy adding them to machines. And I started a thread about that called something like SANKYO LEDs...

PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

15. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It does look like there is an additional hole for lights on the wood part of your machine. Does that other hole line up with the reward tray, the upper ramp, or a colored lens on the front. A LOT of vintages have colored lenses on the front without any "stock" lights. I enjoy adding them to machines. And I started a thread about that called something like SANKYO LEDs...

It does look there is an identical hole for lights on the top left looking at the back side. Some LEDs would be great but I think I'll learn to crawl first. My biggest concern at this stage is routing the wires correctly. Then once I get some balls I can focus on the mechanisms.

Last edited by Polara Pat; 08-29-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just rubbing it in with this picture...

DSC04616.jpg

Impressive and a little bit intimidating.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Impressive and a little bit intimidating.
    The first one here was not so easy. Rest assured, after a hundred or so, it gets easier... I'm impressed you took the whole wood frame apart! That is more intimidating to me than the machine portion!

Anyhow, looking at post #44, picture 3 of 4, it looks like the hole in the wood is behind the upper ramp. Some machines have a portion of the upper ramp visible to show pachinko ball movement.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The first one here was not so easy. Rest assured, after a hundred or so, it gets easier... I'm impressed you took the whole wood frame apart! That is more intimidating to me than the machine portion!

Anyhow, looking at post #44, picture 3 of 4, it looks like the hole in the wood is behind the upper ramp. Some machines have a portion of the upper ramp visible to show pachinko ball movement.
    I just started unscrewing pieces and before I knew it I had a yard sale. In retrospect I didn't need to disassemble things so far. I took lots of photos while disassembling but still managed to drop some pivots(?), the burgundy pieces typically held in by a brass pin. So it was hard to determine where they went and their orientation at times. Steep learning curve this Pachinko.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to Polara Pat

Thanks
    Thanks Received

For a first go at a Pachinko you really went all out on taking it apart, nothing like jumping in with both feet. Once you get it all back together and working you'll have a well deserved sense of accomplishment as well as some good experience. Keep up the good work and look forward to your next Pachinko as there's no such thing as just one.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by whitedawg View Post
    For a first go at a Pachinko you really went all out on taking it apart, nothing like jumping in with both feet. Once you get it all back together and working you'll have a well deserved sense of accomplishment as well as some good experience. Keep up the good work and look forward to your next Pachinko as there's no such thing as just one.
    I'm on my first one as well. The only thing I really don't want to mess with is the playing field. The pins are grubby and I'll polish those. I'll wipe down the background with something gentle. The spinners spin, the tulips open and close... a small amount of cleaning is all I want to do.

It doesn't help that my machine is about as grimy and gross as I can imagine. I really want to put all the plastic-only parts of the back in the dishwasher. I haven't seen that recommended, so I won't... plus, there are a few cool labels and some original paint on the Sankyo logo that I don't want to damage. It's just going to be me lots of time with some Simple Green, maybe some warm soapy water, and the sample toothbrush I got from the dentist.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Haha, I know, I've already been shopping for my next one. There's one in a junk store a few towns over that's listed for $100.00. I have no idea what manufacturer or vintage but it's similar to mine. I might offer as much as $50.00 if it has balls.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by bundto View Post
    I'm on my first one as well. The only thing I really don't want to mess with is the playing field. The pins are grubby and I'll polish those. I'll wipe down the background with something gentle. The spinners spin, the tulips open and close... a small amount of cleaning is all I want to do.

It doesn't help that my machine is about as grimy and gross as I can imagine. I really want to put all the plastic-only parts of the back in the dishwasher. I haven't seen that recommended, so I won't... plus, there are a few cool labels and some original paint on the Sankyo logo that I don't want to damage. It's just going to be me lots of time with some Simple Green, maybe some warm soapy water, and the sample toothbrush I got from the dentist.
    I work on pinball machines and have used play field wax on pachinko machines by applying it sparingly to a cloth first and it worked quite well. A flat shoe string and brasso, used sparingly, works well on the nails.

I've thought about using the dishwasher for cleaning but never actually tried it. I'm going to give it a go one day though with parts off one that's beyond repair just to see how well it does on an initial cleaning, with no drying cycle of course.

Make sure you get that brush in all the CAVITIES.

Haha, I know, I've already been shopping for my next one. There's one in a junk store a few towns over that's listed for $100.00. I have no idea what manufacturer or vintage but it's similar to mine. I might offer as much as $50.00 if it has balls.
    And one is turning into two and two will turn into ... Well we know where it goes from there.

I just got a call from the place where I have about 20 Pachislo , over 40 Pachinko and various other machines stored, fortunately the rest are at home. We had a bad rain storm last night and it flooded part of their building, crap. I'm off to see what damage there is and hopefully the insurance I have will cover it if my locker got hit. The Pachislo machines are the only problem as the cabinets don't take water very well. I would have been moving them out in about two weeks to store in the shop at the house we bought in Penticton. I noticed you're in Nelson so we won't be too far from each other.

Offer less than what you want to pay and hopefully you'll get it for your price as from what I've seen there isn't too much interest in Pachinko machines in the Kootenays. I know machines are more scarce out your way than they are here in Vancouver so you may have to pay a little more.

25. The following user says "Thanks" to whitedawg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Alright, we're all back together and looking a little shinier than before. I wired in a 9V battery with what I'm hoping is the right schematic. Currently (no pun intended) when I plug in the battery I get one bulb illuminating and I'm hoping that it's just a low ball warning or something. Unfortunately I still haven't received the balls from the previous owner which is getting annoying. It's like showing me my favorite candy but telling me I can't have any.

So I really can't do any proper testing or scare the cats quite yet.

Maybe I should just buy a small batch. Sounds like ebay is my source unless someone wants to sell some here.
    IMG_4673_zps555178ef.jpg

IMG_4674_zps45b9d973.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep, that's the jackpot ball light. Push down on the lever the balls rest on in the jackpot supply chute and if the light goes out... then you know. You can also then trigger the second pressure switch where the jackpot mechanism is and see if the second light illuminates. Then you know your electrics are working before you add the balls.

One word of advice. Make SURE the ball dump mechanism is NOT tripped when you add the balls to the jackpot. All of us have sworn under our breaths at least once when we forget to reset that mechanism and watch all the balls we dumped into the top tray start exiting the bottom... I know I've done it at least a couple of times, and I should know better.

Looks good, now you are seriously hooked... If I get one more machine, I'll have to modify my signature.

Remember, the main difference between alcoholics and pachiholics is that many alcoholics actually want to stop..
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm on my first one as well. The only thing I really don't want to mess with is the playing field.
    You say that now Bundto: I remember uttering those words here and the dinginess of my playfield was even more evident after I cleaned up everything. I jumped in and replaced the background with the help of other much more experienced than I and changed

This:
    IMAG0156.jpg

Into This:
    IMAG0215.jpg
    Last edited by p.opus; 08-31-2013 at 12:30 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just got a call from the place where I have about 20 Pachislo , over 40 Pachinko and various other machines stored, fortunately the rest are at home. We had a bad rain storm last night and it flooded part of their building, crap. I'm off to see what damage there is and hopefully the insurance I have will cover it if my locker got hit. The Pachislo machines are the only problem as the cabinets don't take water very well. I would have been moving them out in about two weeks to store in the shop at the house we bought in Penticton. I noticed you're in Nelson so we won't be too far from each other.

Offer less than what you want to pay and hopefully you'll get it for your price as from what I've seen there isn't too much interest in Pachinko machines in the Kootenays. I know machines are more scarce out your way than they are here in Vancouver so you may have to pay a little more.
    Hey yah, we're practically neighbors...sort of.

Sorry to hear about your flood, I hope your machines weren't damaged in any way. We've been having some nasty storms ripping through the Kootenays tis Summer. I thought the roof of my house was coming off last week with all the wind.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast