Thread: Heading off to Iscandar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Heading off to Iscandar

Well Frank at Akimono came through and my CR Yamato came through unscathed.

It is a beautiful machine. I love the bits of humor that is provided by the super reaches. Especially when a drunken Analyzer chases Yuki down the hall trying to grab her skirt...(Those who know about Yamato realize how perverse Analyzer is)

The entire cast of characters makes an appearance.

Kodai
    Yuki
    Okita
    Sanada
    Shima
    Dr. Sado and cat,
    Desslar

The Yamato is rendered in beautiful high res graphics and the spins occur against a series of backgrounds that highlight different camera angles of the ship. There are several cool super reaches. In addition to analyzer playing grab "asset" with Yuki, there's the familiar screw missile sequence, Kodai and Yuki's first date, using the space anchor to capture a ship and an underwater wave motion gun sequence. It is a thing of beauty.

Little did I know when I ordered but it seems as if I have the "light" or FPW model version of the machine with Desslar on the playfield.

Google Translate

The odds on this machine for a bonus are really low (1/99.3) (includes both kakuhen and jitan odds) and lower to 1/9.93 when in kakuhen mode. The payout modes are 3/5/10 and 10, and the bonus round only lasts 7 rounds instead of the typical 15. The lower 10 ball payout and shortened bonus round leads to a total payout of approximately 500 balls instead of the normal 1350. The Jitan mode is also shortened to 30 spins instead of the normal 100 spins.

I'm currently working on installing a Gaku counter and due to its payout system, I'll need to modify the payout track to force the balls into one track so they can be counted properly.

I was going to put it into a display and play cabinet available from pachinkostore.com, but I'm having to ask brenda for a refund since the OvalOne frame has metal sides instead of the typical wooden ones. I stupidly ordered and paid for the cabinet before the machine arrived (actually mine is odd in that the left hand side of the machine is wood and the right hand side is metal. One side must have been replaced during refurbishment.)

Here are some pics. I hope to have the counter installed over the weekend. It is my Saturday project.

IMAG0330.jpgIMAG0333.jpgIMAG0331.jpgIMAG0332.jpg
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Heading off to Iscandar

I own CR1 and CR2, there is a 3 and a 4 too... You get to fire the wave motion gun too if your careful and skilled enough too.
    Hope you're watching the new Yamato 2199 anime too... GREAT anime! Here is The Alfee who sung the OP to the resurrection movie!

I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did get to fire the wave motion gun once. You haven't lived until you've had a wave motion gun to the face. I have been watching 2199 streaming on my laptop. It is epic. I need to get a VGA cable so I can stream it to my TV. I also purchased the 2010 live action movie. It's a bit cheesetastic is some areas, but I absolutely LOVE how they tied in some elements from Farewell to Space Battleship Yamato. I Really loved the ending to that, and it's cool how in the live action movie they translated some of those bits into the plot. (like Sanada and Saito's last stand, and of course the final scene with the "spirits" on the bridge)

On your CR1, is your right shock cannon barrel noticably dimmer than the rest? Some of the videos I've seen in action show all three cannon barrels equal, but my right cannon barrel is much dimmer than the other two, and the other member on our forum it appears his is dimmer as well.

I took down the frame and tried to break down the machine to get to the shock cannon mechanism to see if there's a bad LED or misaligned LED and unfortunately gave up because that mechanism is literally buried in the frame. I know its just cosmetic but it is a bit distracting.

I'm kind of bummed about the shorter fever rounds in mine, it seems like I'm only getting "half the story" but I noticed on subsequent fevers there's different scenes so perhaps my screens are just broken up between fever rounds. I would love to play a Yamato 2, the CGI on that looks amazing. I wonder if its compatible with the OvalOne frame. I know CR2 is in an oval frame but it may be newer and may not work. It would be cool to pickup a Yamato 2 cell if it did fit, the cell replacement for these frames is so easy.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey, could you pick me up a Cosmo DNA while you're there? Say "hi" to Trilena while you are at it.

I'm a goof!
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

A lot of the newer machines have metal sides to them. I made sure when doing my cabinets that I fixed the frames in from the top and bottom
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    A lot of the newer machines have metal sides to them. I made sure when doing my cabinets that I fixed the frames in from the top and bottom
    That's a good idea. Unfortunately for me, the 'display and play' cabinet isn't designed for that. The sides mount to the side of the frame and the topper simply screws into the sides If I can't get a refund (hopefully she hasn't shipped yet), I could modify it to work but right now it's sitting on two legs just fine.

I just noticed on the spec sheet for my machine from Fuji's website that the FPW (my model) can do 7 round or 15 round bonus rounds at 8 balls per round. ¥Þ¥·¥ó¥Ò¥¹¥È¥ê¡¼¡ÃÀ½Éʥ饤¥ó¥Ê¥Ã¥×¡Ã¥Ñ¥Á¥ó¥³¡¦¥Ñ¥Á¥¹¥í¥á¡¼¥« ¡¼Æ£¾¦»ö

Most of the ones I've hit have been 7 rounds but I know that some moderns give special bonus for a 777 combo, so it's possible that a Kodai match (he's number 7) may give me a full 15 round bonus, or somewhere down the road like at the story finale or something I get a 15 rounder.

That's good to know. It's the only one of the Yamato 1's that can do 7 or 15 rounds. I hope that the 15 round bonus is something that can be earned in game instead of factory set for either 7 or 15, because if it's factory set, I'm hosed on that front.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have only ever seen 15 round fevers in my CR1 and its the FPB model and it seems there were 4 models in all...
    The art work of the FPH is pretty good too for more info overall here is the Nifty page for handy info...
    Google Translate
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah that site is great. I linked to the nifty.com site earlier. You can look through some of the buttons like the snapshot and reviews buttons and get a ton of information about reaches and the story mode. This machine is so much deeper than my star wars. I think it will take a lot of play to see everything.

However, according to the Fuji page the FPW is the only model that says 7 or 15 rounds. All other models do 15 rounds. Also the FPW only does 8 balls per round whereas the others do 9 balls per round. (see attached photo). Kakuhen continuation is 65 percent and chance round is 30 spins instead of the normal 100.

I'm just wondering if the 7 or 15 is something factory set or something "earned".

Yamato FPW.png
    Last edited by p.opus; 08-16-2013 at 08:21 AM.