Thread: Freddy VS. Jason or The Mummy? Yes? No? Skip?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Freddy VS. Jason or The Mummy? Yes? No? Skip?

I love horror movies, I grew up on horror movies. I even went to Joe Blasco Makeup Center and was a Special Effects Makeup Artists for 5 years...

So it would make sense for me to buy a Freddy Vs. Jason or a Mummy Pachinko Machine, just because I love these movies, but I can't bring myself to do it. Why? BECAUSE FREDDY VS JASON SO F*CK'N UGLY!!! Also even the Mummy one looks promising, from the videos, it kinda looks boring.

Don't get me wrong, for the right price I would entertain the idea of purchasing one or both models but is either of this games worth it? Are they any fun?

I would love to hear from anyone that has either of these two and hear your thoughts...
    WANTED LIST: Tom & Jerry Pachinko (2010). Blood+ Pachislo (2010). Woody Woodpecker Pachinko (2004). Indiana Jones Pachiko or Pachislo (2006). Ghostbusters Pachinko. Popeye Pachiko (2004). Takumi Way Pachinko (2008).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Freddy VS. Jason or The Mummy? Yes? No? Skip?

They are both boring. Between the two, FvJ might be slightly better, but no. Good instincts.
    Currently Own: Nothing. I play mostly online now.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can't really comment on either one, but the Mummy Returns looks nicer as Freddy Vs Jason is quite unattractive.

I think The Ring is a very nice machine, with a classy frame, but that purple blob in the center is just hideous. Purple has never been my favorite color and the playfield ruins the classic simplicity of the frame that it is in.

The Ring Authentic Pachinko Pinball Machine Slot | eBay

Ring 1.jpgring 2.jpgring 3.JPG
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think The Mummy Returns looks nice but is it just me or does the pin layout just make it feel kinda sterile? Is the Gold Scorpion King Bracelet just for looks or does it do anything during gameplay?

20070410185853.jpg
    WANTED LIST: Tom & Jerry Pachinko (2010). Blood+ Pachislo (2010). Woody Woodpecker Pachinko (2004). Indiana Jones Pachiko or Pachislo (2006). Ghostbusters Pachinko. Popeye Pachiko (2004). Takumi Way Pachinko (2008).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I also feel the same with Gremlins. One of my favorite childhood movies. One of my favorite Joe Dante movies... but f*ck what a hideous looking pachinko Machine.
    Gremlin.jpg

But then you have the Die Hard Pachinko that looks awesome with alot of bells and whistles but the video and gameplay just seems like it's missing something... I don't know what it is but it just feels off somehow.
    18.gif

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Jurrasic Park MX2 looks cool: Jurasic Park

I also noticed you were looking for a Popeye 2004. There is a Popeye for 299.00 on http://www.akimono.com. I'm not sure that's the 2004 model though. Might take a look. It appears to be the one you've been searching for in other threads.

I recently purchased my Yamato 1 from Frank at akimono.com and he is very responsive.
    Last edited by p.opus; 07-12-2013 at 12:46 AM.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2

7. The following user says "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the help on the Popeye Machine but all they have in their inventory is the Cell/Playfield with the ugly Popeye Bicep near the top.
    2982_3n23m13pc5O15Pc5Saa2e541502194da11f51_1.jpg
    This is the Cell Version that I DO NOT WANT. Sadly this is the cell version that I keep on running into (online, CL, and Ebay). Numerous times I'll see an ad for the the Cell/Playfield with Popeye's full profile (the version that I'm still looking for), but it ALWAYS turns out that the seller just pulled that image from another site, not knowing that it doesn't match the version (ugly Popeye Bicep) that they're trying to sell me.

popeye_pachinko.jpg
    This the Cell Version that I do want. Right now there is one on CL (in the Midwest. I periodically do nationwide search) but the ad says that there's an electrical problem and it's missing the top ball loading tray. I kinda want to buy it just for the cell (to be swapped out in another machine) but they still want too much for a broken machine.

Right now the search still continues... If anyone sees one or wants to let theirs go, just send me an email.

Quote Originally Posted by p.opus View Post
    Jurrasic Park MX2 looks cool: Jurasic Park

I also noticed you were looking for a Popeye 2004. There is a Popeye for 299.00 on http://www.akimono.com. I'm not sure that's the 2004 model though. Might take a look. It appears to be the one you've been searching for in other threads.

I recently purchased my Yamato 1 from Frank at akimono.com and he is very responsive.
    Last edited by The Rube; 07-12-2013 at 01:02 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry, didn't notice the subtle difference. Same holds true with the Star Wars. There are slight variations on the cell which denote which type of machine it is. ZF/RN1/ST. The ZF is the most commonly available and is the version most seen in pachinko parlors. It also has the worst odds. The RN1 has a slightly different background with X-wings on it. It plays identical to the ZF but it pays out much more often and the fever rounds are 1/3 the length of the ZF. Really nice for home use since the rounds are shorter, you don't have to refill as much, also, since the odds are so much better, 1/259 vs 1/496.5 you get to fever much more often and see more of what the machine has to offer. Of course I have the ZF. Although I think the RN1 would be more fun because my Star Wars is VERY stingy. Put 5000 balls into it tonight and nada!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by p.opus View Post
    , but that purple blob in the center is just hideous. Purple has never been my favorite color and the playfield ruins the classic simplicity of the frame that it is in.
    A Purple hater!!

I have a Freddie V's Jason pachinko, it's currently in storage in my garage at the moment,

but from what I can remember it was fun to play, I can remember you could choose to play either Freddie or Jason to start your game

I thought I'd written a review but can't see it anywhere?

I haven't played it in years, and my memory is a little rusty, perhaps I need to get some of my pachinkos out for a re-cap

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

11. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post
    A Purple hater!!

Yeah purple is not my favorite color. I guess I just ruined my chances with the fair lady hanabi.

Sigh...Oh well.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Maybe we'll see a Hobbit version in the near future that's more green than purple.