Thread: NEW PURCHASE Maruhon Modish "The Ocean Story"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default NEW PURCHASE Maruhon Modish "The Ocean Story"

I just recently purchased this machine and I don't know anything about it. I can't seem to find any information about this one or much on the company itself.I even tried registering on their website in Japanese but it requires some kind of free email that I don't have. Could anyone shed some light on this machine's history, age and where I can get parts to service it?

20130630_084908.jpg20130630_084841.jpg

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ocean story

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: NEW PURCHASE Maruhon Modish "The Ocean Story"

Hi There

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

Your pachinko is a modern and so I've moved it to the 'modern' forum for you

also put your pics right way up

1.jpg2.jpg

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: NEW PURCHASE Maruhon Modish "The Ocean Story"

​Welcome to PachiTalk!
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Aboard

Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ocean story View Post
    I just recently purchased this machine and I don't know anything about it. I can't seem to find any information about this one or much on the company itself.I even tried registering on their website in Japanese but it requires some kind of free email that I don't have. Could anyone shed some light on this machine's history, age and where I can get parts to service it?

20130630_084908.jpg20130630_084841.jpg
    Thanks for the WELCOME notes. Sorry for posting in the wrong spot. Anyone who can help me identify this one and any info would be greatly appreciated. It powers up and the screen lights up. I removed the plexi (replaced at some point) and was able to get the jackpot to ring. Makes lots of cool sounds. The ball shooter isn't being fed for some reason. It's electric with a cam and a hammer. Sorry if these aren't the right terms. I'm very mechanical but have never used or seen one of these before yesterday. Balls feed on the top and the top tray goes into 3 rows. I tried the various holes in the play field and they all seem to actuate various responses. I just can't get any balls to feed into the shooter. I'm guessing it could be something as simple as a lever or switch in the wrong place? let me know if any of you experts can spot something out of place or need additional photos. Thanks!!

8. The following user says "Thanks" to ocean story

Thanks
    Thanks Received

might be worthwhile popping up the front glass, Then pressing the little lever at the bottom RH corner and opening the front tray section, See if anything is jammed up in there, It has been known for some models to have a safety feature that if the rear top tank is empty or the bottom tray is full, then the shooter will not work. But its probably a bit of fluff, or paper or something a naughty child has dropped in it.

Oh do you get a pay out when you drop a ball in the front pockets? Can you hear the shooter working even if its not firing balls?
    Ian #UKPachinko

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkesometin155
    might be worthwhile popping up the front glass, Then pressing the little lever at the bottom RH corner and opening the front tray section, See if anything is jammed up in there, It has been known for some models to have a safety feature that if the rear top tank is empty or the bottom tray is full, then the shooter will not work. But its probably a bit of fluff, or paper or something a naughty child has dropped in it.

Oh do you get a pay out when you drop a ball in the front pockets? Can you hear the shooter working even if its not firing balls?
    does the middle tray have to be released some other way from the back also? I removedthe front plexiglass and I was able to press down on the tab that releases the middle tray but it won't come out it seems like it's Bound up on something

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Probably what's jammed is probably what's stopping it shoot. You might try to lightly wiggle it. But don't use too much force. You can try using a small magnet or probe to see if you can get anything out. Also the ball tray dump lever on the front.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

another thing (sorry i did not read every post) i see in your pics there are no Balls.. if the back top hopper does not have balls loaded in it the shooter will not work.. there should be a shut off to keep the player from shooting if the hopper is low or out of balls..

fill the back hopper..

geting the shooter tray open would be the next place to look if you have balls in the back hopper

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, what Moparformances said. Most Pachinko problems are either related to ball jams, or insufficient balls. For an early modern, I'd say 500 balls are a minimum and 750 is even better. These machines have several interlocks that prevent operation during a low ball condition.

Also, understanding the auto shooters at first are a bit tricky. It's not a simple matter of just twisting the handle. There is a chrome knob or strip that you must be in skin contact with to complete the shooter circuit. On my first modern, I thought the shooter was acting up because I had failed to make the connection between contacting the chrome and moving the lever.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to p.opus

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The front glass door has to be opened first, then the middle tray should open

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

18. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As far as Age, I'd say you are looking at and early to mid 80's machine.

Parts are going to be fairly difficult to find as you will be limited to what parts exist in the used or after market. Many of the mechanical parts may be fairly easy to either make or jerry rig, but electronics wise, you are going to find it difficult to find replacements.

The good news is that there are a lot of knowledgeable people here who will be able to assist you.

A good place to start would be to post a nice full on back view of your machine. People here will be able to point out basic pieces of your machine such as the jackpot mechanism, front glass latches, etc.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your machine is from Maruhon, and is called 'Ocean Story' on the cell, but may well have a different name on the nameplate on the back of your machine (they often do).

Take a photo of the back (large format) or the front corners (top left and right, bottom left and right) and I'll be able to translate it for you.

Your machine is a Kenrimono (see here) and to play it, you'll need this guide : http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/mode...lay-guide.html
    They play exactly the same.

Nice one!
    There is always another machine around the corner...

21. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to candyflip