Thread: May The Force Be With You...Always.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default May The Force Be With You...Always.

Anyone who has ever gone on Ebay or CL knows that shopping for a Pachinko Machine is a bit of a craps shoot. While you are always optimistic about the outcome, there is always a healthy dose of skepticism going into the transaction.

Such was the case with my latest acquisition. A Star Wars Pachinko listing for $375.00 less than 50 miles from my home.

This is the exact same machine I passed on 3 months earlier and had kicked myself in the teeth for not pursuing further. This last week it re-listed again, and I jumped on it. The entire way down, I kept saying to myself. $375??? What's wrong with it??? Are there cracks in the case? Does the unit not boot up immediately? Is R2D2 broken? What about the light saber? Surely there's an issue with the video screen.

Why hasn't this sold? I mean, the guy claims he's had it on and off the market for almost a year with no takers. I sold my 78 Sankyo Vintage on the same CL for $100.00 in less than 5 hours!!! Something must be wrong!!!

Imagine the sound of my jaw hitting the ground when he opens up the garage to reveal this!!!

IMAG0281.jpgIMAG0282.jpgIMAG0283.jpgIMAG0285.jpgIMAG0286.jpgIMAG0287.jpg

Yes, boys and girls, your eyes don't deceive. The unit still has the promotional insert on the glass that gives payout, odds, and payout percentage. There appears to be absolutely no damage to the unit at all. It still has the key even. And if your eyes are especially good, you'll see it comes in it's own free standing cabinet, with an easy pour spout on the top and a high capacity wood tray in the rear. I bought extra pachinko balls from Ebay, positive that I would need them. Nope. Upper tray is filled to the brim.

The guy was as cool as they come, has two other machines. One's a Pink Panther, and the other one I can't identify. Got talking about Pachinko and some how got on the subject of couponing and wound up leaving not only with the machine, but 4 bottles of dish soap, a bottle of laundry detergent, two big trays of ramen noodles and two packages of pasta - A sample of his latest coupon exploits.

I am absolutely gobsmacked at this point.

The machine is LOUD, and even at it's lowest setting it is LOUD. However, a pair of black dress socks strategically stuffed in the speaker grills and it is perfect. The sound being audible just over the sound of the balls.

Seeing that my rent is due, I may have to result to eating the dude's ramen for a couple of meals, but it was SOOOOOO worth it.

I Now have three stunning machines that represent three major phases of Pachinko with three distinctive playing styles shown below. I think my shopping days are over:
    IMAG0215.jpgIMAG0266.jpgIMAG0289.jpg
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: May The Force Be With You...Always.

Congratulations!!

and no, pachinko shopping days are never over, YOU may think so, but pachinkos often have other ideas, and it's best to never argue with a pachinko

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the world of ramen

and the Lumina frames.
    One of the most popular frames used by Sankyo and Bisty,

Check out this list

A list of games that fit the Lumina Frame

Although cels aren't as easy to come by now as they were a few years ago, there are plently out there should you wish for a change or see a theme you like.
    I post interesting cels I see on YJA in thats section of the board. Also Complete machines that might be stripped for the cel to reduce international postage costs.

There is always one eva up for sale
    Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So how much do Cell Replacements cost. I'm a big Star Blazers fan, so Big Yamato 2 would be cool.

Also, this Star Wars is one stingy machine. I'm gonna have to adjust some nails to get more than 5 minutes of playtime per load on it.

Next step is to install one of my Gaku Counters on it. Thankfully the docs come with the location to put the win sensor on Lumina frames. I just have to mount it.

Waiting for a guy to pick up the 78 Sankyo, and hopefully he'll feel the need to take my 70 front overflow off my hands as well.

I'm gonna peel the promo tag from the glass so I can see the bottom of the playfield better, but I'm gonna keep it. I also need to find out what the three buttons on the tray are for. One's a chance button, never played one with chance before, and the other two buttons are pretty non-descript but have some Kanji on the label so they're there for some reaon. There are probably modes that require you to use those buttons.

It will be interesting discovering what this machine has to offer.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2

7. The following user says "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the chance button will light up when you need to use it, its supposed to improve your odds

the 2 buttons are for palour use, or use with a Dave Rob dongle
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

9. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I always found that the top start pocket was easier to hit on mine. As for cel replacements. Depends on the cost of the cel and what type of shipping you use. I think S-Kim Urusei Yatsura 2 cel was ¥500 to buy but the total cost with shipping was $200 I think there is a thread on it somewhere.

Stingy maybe. But wait till you hit a fever. Then the balls will flood out. What version and odds is it. I think most are the ZF type with odds of approx 1:415. It's written on the top LH of the front of the playing field and on the circuit boards on the back.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 06-29-2013 at 04:42 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The promo card that was attached to the glass shows it to be a CR type and if I am translating the numbers correctly it has the following:
    496.5 to 1 odds
    68% (don't know what that is...payout maybe?)
    3, 5, 10, and 15 payout
    something out in Kanji with 100 imbedded in the middle of it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I never thought I would hit the FEVER on my Star Wars, but now it hits all the time! It's tons of fun! ENJOY!
    Cell swap on this frame is a lot more difficult than the other newer frames. I would say, enjoy what you have.
    Joe