Thread: Two Vintage machines from shopgoodwill.com. 14.95 each. San Diego area.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Two Vintage machines from shopgoodwill.com. 14.95 each. San Diego area.

The first one:
    shopgoodwill.com - #13390365 - Nishijin Sophia Pachinko Entertainment Game - 6/16/2013 3:00:00 PM

Is a model B Nishijin. looks in pretty good shape, playfield doesn't look too bad, pieces look in place, overall nice condition. Missing the jackpot supply chute cover, but that's missing on a bunch of them, and replacements are easy to manufacture or find.

The second one:
    shopgoodwill.com - #13405413 - Pachinko Sanyo Bussan Co. LTD VTG Tabletop Game - 6/16/2013 3:00:00 PM

Is a Sanyo Bussan. Looks a little rougher than the Nishijin. But still okay.

Shipping would be a bear. Close to 70 to 75 bucks. Paid thorough the nose to ship my front overflow from Oregon to Florida, but I had to have the front overflow.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Two Vintage machines from shopgoodwill.com. 14.95 each. San Diego area.

Yeah I saw those. Nice machines, price is decent.

Not really worth the drive for me though. I rather have them come to me. (you'll find out what that means in a few days.)

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Two Vintage machines from shopgoodwill.com. 14.95 each. San Diego area.

Didn't I say I hate you? Now you can't be bothered to drive??? Good Lord man...
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello to the PacHi family. I just purchased my first machine since I was a kid back in the 70s and now I just bought a second machine of Ebay. I'm in the process of building a Ball lifter like the DOzer /Silver (orange) type here pretty soon. all of the drawings are done now it is just finding the correct suppliers for the right price. THIS is a AWESOME sight , the people on this are Extremely helpful, honest and are like family, just wished I had gotten into this sooner BUT Oh well. I just spotted the two machines in San Diego and will see I hope I can grab them also. My next item will be building custom cabinets for the machines also ... if I can make them at a lower price they might just show up for sale along with the product of the Ball Lifter... Again you folks are AWESOME!!!

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to LJB

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!

I am really looking forward to seeing your ball lifter design.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As others have hinted...

Welcome to the collective, we will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am curious as to where they came up with their near 100 lb shipping weights. Half of that would be more appropriate.
    pachinkoparts.com - Home Page
    Definition: Racecar-a device that turns money into noise.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by browne92 View Post
    I am curious as to where they came up with their near 100 lb shipping weights. Half of that would be more appropriate.
    They are probably going to crate them so that is why it is so high.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's how they suck you for more money. You can bet that good will doesn't pay UPS nearly the amount. You juice up the estimated shipping weight and then keep the difference.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is so true. That is why I will take a drive to pick up the machine if I win them in the BID. I'm not up for over paying in shipping cost...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    They are probably going to crate them so that is why it is so high.
    Even with crating, a 20 to 30 lb machine should still weigh in at less than 50 lbs.

I have to agree with p.opus and LJB on this one. I think they're padding the shipping to make their money. If you bid the thing up without noticing the 100 lb weight, you're stuck.
    pachinkoparts.com - Home Page
    Definition: Racecar-a device that turns money into noise.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Another trick is to use "Dimensional Weight". Instead of the actual weight of shipping, they use a "dimensional weight" which is based on how much space it takes.

For example If I filled a 3ft x 3ft box full of popcorn, It would take much more space. So in order to compensate for the difference, some companies will use "dimensional weight" instead of actual weight.

It's possible that the "weight" shown is a dimensional weight instead of actual weight and they are charging on "space taken" not how much it actually weighs.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just finished make the rubber bumpers for the hammer throw and return and also a nylon spacer for the shooter spring. I will have to post some pics of it. The ball lifter I have the motor coming and working on a sprocket and the housing for it to go into. I am trying to make everything as light as it can be in case I get some folks that want one shipped to them then it doesn't cost that much in shipping...

16. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to LJB

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    . I rather have them come to me. (you'll find out what that means in a few days.)
    Well I'm not sure how many saw but I thought I'd post this here as well where people check more frequently.

today's goodwill finds - Page 21

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How did I miss this? I usually check shop goodwill regularly. I think I actually saw it, and like a moron did not recognize it for what it was.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just spotted another machine on Shopgoodwill.com .. Its up in Sacramento... What a drive??? Just received my other machine today from UPS. I will post some pictures of this one also before I start to restore it...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by LJB View Post
    Hello to the PacHi family. I just purchased my first machine since I was a kid back in the 70s and now I just bought a second machine of Ebay. I'm in the process of building a Ball lifter like the DOzer /Silver (orange) type here pretty soon. all of the drawings are done now it is just finding the correct suppliers for the right price. THIS is a AWESOME sight , the people on this are Extremely helpful, honest and are like family, just wished I had gotten into this sooner BUT Oh well. I just spotted the two machines in San Diego and will see I hope I can grab them also. My next item will be building custom cabinets for the machines also ... if I can make them at a lower price they might just show up for sale along with the product of the Ball Lifter... Again you folks are AWESOME!!!
    Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead