Thread: Sederien's Collected Pachinko Impressions and General Q/A Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sederien's Collected Pachinko Impressions (and General Q/A Thread)

Welcome to Sederien's Collected Pachi Impressions Thread!

For those of you who joined in the last couple of years, I'll be a new face on the boards, but for everyone else, I'm an old hand who's probably played a bit too much pachi for 'es own good. I also had the benefit of living and working in Japan for 3 years and speak passable Japanese.

Well, I've done a few reviews of modern pachinko machines in the past, they seem to have been well received, and I always had the intention of doing more... but since I was short on time due to work (thus my brief absence from the board) I never did get around to it. Sooooo...

Here's how it'll work for now in order to (a) make this more manageable for me and (b) make this more relevant to what people want to hear about:

Step 1: You name or provide an image of any pachinko machine made in the past decade along with any questions you have about the machine.

Maybe you saw it online and were curious about the machine or you're thinking about purchasing it and wanted a second opinion. Whatever the reason, I've probably got a pretty good shot* of having played the machine in question or at least being familiar with the machine enough to comment.

Spoiler

You're also welcome to ask anything about my time in Japan or more general pachinko questions outside of how to fix them (which is far better handled by members who do such things!).

Step 2: I answer your questions and rate the machine based on my experience. Then I'll add the machine to the (barren wasteland or steadily growing) list of other reviews done and this board will start having a collected list of impressions concerning the latest in pachinko. Hooray!

If others feel passionate about a machine one way or another, I'll even add their voice into the mix so this becomes more of a community thing than just a me thing.

---

EXTRA INFO ABOUT THE REVIEWER'S PREFERENCES:

1. I find music to be one of the most important aspects of any pachinko, because when you play a machine, you're going to be listening to this a LOT. While I'll try not to subject my own personal music preferences into my opinions, I'll certainly note when the machine in question doesn't use music appropriately.

2. I tend to like interactive games more-so than ones which show videos only. Failing this, it needs to be darn well put together in such a way that I am entertained while playing, even if there's no mini-games.

3. Current favorite machines (in no particular order): New Weather Studio, Go! Go! Hiromi Second Stage, Dawn of the Fantasy, Nangoku Sodachi (Series), Club Moon.
    Currently Own: Nothing. I play mostly online now.

2. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to Sederien