Thread: WTB: Cabinet

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question WTB: Cabinet

I have this Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji 2 pachinko machine that I love the heck out of, but using it is a pain. For a year I've been holding off on getting a cabinet, and I think enough's enough. Tray swapping from the back and loading the front is a hassle, and I have likely done permanent scratching damage to my poor desk.

Ideally, I'm looking for a cabinet just like Slot-Pachinko.com used to sell. Unfortunately, last time I asked them about it they were still sorting out running the business after the unfortunate passing of the previous owner. I found a link to how it used to appear here: Amazing Pachinko Cabinet - Buy Pachinko Cabinet Product on Alibaba.com

I emailed the new owner and vegasflowers, hopefully they still have some in stock, but I'm not especially hopeful at this point. I also have looked at the cabinets pachinkostore.com sells, and I've decided I don't want one of those. $150 (with shipping) for something with a relatively small/weird hopper and a weird drawer instead of a space for a catch tray doesn't really sound like my thing. So I figured I'd ask you guys.

I want to buy a cabinet. Yes, I know, it's way cheaper if you make it yourself, but I don't have the tools, handicraft skills, technical knowhow, patience, and can barely dress myself sometimes.

So if anyone has a spare table top (I have a nice desk I play it on) cabinet they'd be willing to part with (unlikely, you guys are just swapping out games from your existing cabinets when you get new machines but I thought I'd ask anyway) please let me know. Preferably something with a decent ball hopper on top and a space in the front to put a tray for easy access and reloading into the top (just like Slot-Pachinko used to sell).

I'm ambivalent on paint and polish, and don't need anything fancy like a ball lifter or marquees.

If anyone has a cabinet for sale, please contact me!

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Deceased Crab

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: WTB: Cabinet

I can build you one... Here was my older design (of course we'd do a table top version):

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to addicted2dunes

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have made a few for members as well..

whats your location?? shipping can be a bit of a problem cause i glue and screw mine together but if your able to do assembly then shipping flat is easy enought...

just depends on what your looking for...

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...o-cabinet.html

additions or modifications are possable
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I allways seem to forget my manners

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

These are the ones I have been ordering and I am very pleased with them.

cabinets

They are a bit pricey in my opinion but the quality is great.

I have used them for a modern, a PowerFlash vintage and an Arrangeball and they have worked great.

Sorry, not the best picture.

I did install a ball lifter on the modern and intend to on the PowerFlash at some point. These cabinets do however have a reservoir in the bottom and the balls are retrieved by opening the small door on the front of the cabinet. They come with an attachment for the top to make it easy to add balls back to the top reservoir.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ooops, where are my manners?

Welcome to PachiTalk!
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the welcomes!

Dunes, Mo, those both look very awesome. I'm in Maryland though, so I don't know what that's going to do to shipping from CA.
    Dunes, how big is the hopper in that one? It's got room that I can just dump as necessary into it, or put something over it with a hole. I like the nice open space for the catch tray. And I actually think the material looks kind of nice, I've seen it before.
    Mo, that hopper is insane I'm curious about the bottom drawer though. It's very cool that you have the foam quieters in that one, and from the sound of it there is enough space for a catch tray. I actually have a couple bags of extra balls I haven't been using because I don't have enough space for them without a case, so I could see an extra big hopper like that being awesome.

I would be totally down for buying a cabinet of either of those designs. If it's a matter of screwing together the pieces, I can probably manage that. I'm just handy enough with a screwdriver to manage it, just not with a drill or glue, likely. Software skills don't always translate into hardware. Pull cabinets and ball drop quieters would be totally optional, but if a hardware klutz like me can install it without too much difficulty, I'd totally be up for it.

shark, I did take a look at those cabinets but I'm not really into the hopper or return drawers they have.

I guess the next step is, if you can send these pre-cut and pre-drilled (or even pre-assembled) and have the time to do this, how much would it cost? Send it through private message I guess. And I'm sure the "how" will come up, so I can pay through Paypal if that works, but I'm not tied to any one form of payment.

Thanks everyone!

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Deceased Crab

Thanks
    Thanks Received

And his cabinet is finished minus final sanding and fitting, should ship out soon!

15. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to addicted2dunes

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a question: Are there supposed to be screw holes in both sides of the pachinko machine? I have what look like holes on the right of my machine... but not on the left. And most of the side is metal. I'm wondering if it's going to need a proper shelf or if I'm missing something.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmm, wait a minute. Those aren't screw holes at all. They're just more metal! The sides are entirely metal!!!

Crud. I think I need a shelf, or maybe some wood on the bottom to prop up the machine in the cabinet. Yikes.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It has been shipped, it has been assembled, and the cabinet works! addicted2dunes did an awesome job. Here are some pictures!

I decided I would paint it later. I did a few custom modifications on it: foam to help hold machine in place, foam to quiet balls, ramp to direct balls in back, sawed down top/back a little bit, added some support blocks to shelf, jury-rigged duct tape walls to keep balls from spilling out in top. And it works really well now. Now to enjoy the dang machine without having to reach in back of it and without having to add balls in top all the time! Thanks addicted2dunes!

19. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Deceased Crab

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Awesome! Hope it works out great for ya! I always end up having to make cardboard shoots and such per machine. Lucky for you, you got the only addicted2dunes case to be sold... won't do another, to much stress for what it's worth. But enjoy it, I want to see it painted though!

21. The following user says "Thanks" to addicted2dunes

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, I'll get around to painting it sooner or later. First I've got to play it a bit more. My wife's not so enthusiastic about the noise so when she goes on vacation I'm going to spend some quality time with this machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Install some volume controls.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by addicted2dunes View Post
    Install some volume controls.
    Uhh, I have them already. It's not the system noise, it's the ball and pin noise.