Thread: Sankyo "Wanted" - pachinko balls not getting to ball shooter - volume too loud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sankyo "Wanted" - pachinko balls not getting to ball shooter - volume too loud

1) Need help clearing path to ball shooter? I hear and see the ball hammer going - but the balls cannot get to it. Clogged? If so, how do I get access to that area to clear it?
    2) Volume - it is loud - any way to lower the volume?
    All help is greatly apprecited. KB

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo "Wanted" - pachinko balls not getting to ball shooter - volume too lo

DSCF3667.jpgDSCF3668.jpgDSCF3665.jpg

its a bit hard to see..

about 40% of the way down on the left side ya should see some yellow paint.. that paint points to the door release switch...

push that down (i think) and the front door will open.. then you can open the shooter tray by pushing a down a little lever... the lever will be oppisit side of the hinges..

something like this vintage machine..

DSCF3631.jpg

this should get you total acess..

as for volume

i love these

6 Volume Controls for Pachislo Slot Machine Pachinko | eBay

they work great on Pachinko and Pachislo machines.. super small like a dime... but they have to be soldered in...

if ya need more help please post a pic of two

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

3. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo "Wanted" - pachinko balls not getting to ball shooter - volume too lo

Thx for advice - I am now able to get behind the tray but I cannot get into the tray. How do I get the blue tray off so I can see what is going on inside there? Do I have to take the glass off? If so how doe that get done? :-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Sankyo "Wanted" - pachinko balls not getting to ball shooter - volume too lo

you will have a latch similar to this to open the lower part of the door for access to the feed ramp
    Attached Images Attached Images
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

To gain access to the shooter feed ramp, lever and the where the balls exit the top tray. Open the front door glass, as Moparformances has told you.

Once you open the door glass this exposes the shooter feed ramp and the back side of the top tray. There is no other door to open, as on some other frames.

With the door open look at the playfield and down in the lower right corner is the shooter ramp, the lever that launches the ball and another u-shaped lever that moves up and down. Look at the pictures, (at the bottom of this post).

Looking at the inside of the front door, in the lower left corner there is a mechanism where the balls come out of the top tray. (Again, look at the pictures).

You can look in the top hole of the mechanism and see if something is blocking the balls. Normally you would see a ball sitting there waiting to be dispensed. The u-shaped lever moves up and down, when you turn the shooter knob, and pushes a lever on the bottom of the mechanism, in turn lifts the ball up, that was sitting there waiting, and lets it fall out a hole to the left, onto the shooter ramp.

If you are going to have to remove the top tray so solve this problem, there are several small screws across the lower part of the door you are going to have to remove.

Take a look at the pictures and your machine should look exactly like the pictures. This way you can make sure you are not missing some part or something is broken.

001.jpg005.jpg002.jpg004.jpg006.jpg
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One other thing I forgot to mention is you should be able to stick something in the top tray, (on the outside of the front door), where the balls funnel down to. Something like a pipe cleaner and if nothing is blocking the channel you will see the end of the pipe cleaner through the top hole on the mechanism, (on the inside of the front door). You won't hurt anything sticking the pipe cleaner in the channel, it's just an open channel to the mechanism.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You guys are awesome - I was able to open the glass door and a found a small piece of glass or plastic, not sure, blocking the balls from moving forward. All seems to be working great. Thank you so very much!!

OKAY - now that I am up and running - ball questions: 1) Since they have not been used in many months, maybe a year, should I clean them and if so, how? 2) Should I buy new balls and if so, where is the best ball/price combo? I know you are not supposed to "sell" your goods here but I am asking for a referral if possible.
    Lastly - any other option to lower the volume without buying a controller and soldering?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i think other members have bought this one...

Volume Controls for Pachislo Slot Machine and Pachinko | eBay

but im not 100% sure thats the exact one... it has wires so ya could twist and tape.. im not a fan of twist and tape cause the tape never lasts...

just my 2 cents (now im broke)
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you can clean the balls with a little dawn in really hot water, then rinse with plain hot water and dry with a towel

or put some in an old sock and roll them back and forth to polish them
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There are several different volume controls that work fine with these machines.

The ones I use most are the 500ohm potentiometer, linear taper. I solder them in but another option would be to go Radio Shack and pick up some shrink tube. Put the shrink tube on the wire and twist the wires together then slide the shrink tube over the twisted wire and heat it with a heat gun/hair dryer and that should hold the connection tight. Do the same when connecting the wire to the potentiometer.

An easy place to access the speaker wires are from the back of the machine. Looking at the back of the machine, at the lower right is a small circuit board that has some connectors. The green connector is the speaker connection for both speakers. You can cut the red wires on this connector to install your volume control. The "Wanted" machine has two speakers but not have stereo sound so using the 500ohm pot you can wire in both speakers into the one potentiometer to control both speakers.
    Here's a link to where I get them. 500 Ohm Potentiometer 023-500

An option in mounting the control is to have access to from outside the machine. I mounted this one in the side of the cabinet. Or use double stick tape and mount it inside the machine.
    Here are some pictures showing the location of the circuit board and mounted volume control.

008.jpg007.jpg009.jpg

Cleaning Pachinko Balls and Pachislo Tokens I clean them by putting them in the dishwasher. I put in a mesh bag that I picked up at Walmart. The bag is normally used the wash delicate clothing items. The bag works great. Just run the dishwasher through it's cycle and they get washed and dryed. You can get several balls in the bag, it measures 15"x20".

6302_r_token_2_1.jpg6302_r_token_3.jpg