Thread: Need help with a hopper error

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Need help with a hopper error

Calling all experts!
    I just purchased a Space Wing pachislo for $20 (score!). It worked fine until I decided to experiment a bit.
    I was trying to figure a way to get the credit counter up to 50 without putting in 50 tokens, so i disconnected this plug
    slot 1.jpg
    and thought by shorting out the two pins
    slot 2.jpg
    it would advance the counter. I was planning on rigging a switch. As soon as I shorted the pins I got an HC hopper error.
    I've tried to reset it several times with no success. After a reset, it spits out one token and goes back into error mode.
    I know it's not the hopper itself, I tried another one. if I unplug the hopper, I can do a reset and the machine will play fine
    until I hit a payout...then there's no hopper to pay anything out. I do not have the door key so I can't reset it that way.

Any ideas? Am I screwed?

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need help with a hopper error

What do the red&black wires normally connect to? Might be able to figure out what is on the other side of that connector that might be blown if we know that.
    Woof!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's appears you have managed to "short out" the photo sensors in the hopper.

There are two sensors under the hopper that count the tokens that are dispensed. (See the picture below).
    A spring loaded metal bar/plate goes back and forth between the two, (goal post shaped), photo sensors. Counting the tokens that are awarded. If the sensors are bad, the hopper will dispense one token then stop, because the sensor did not count the hopper dispensing it. Thus, putting the machine in an "HC" error.

Finding the exact individual electronic part, that has the same connector and mounting feature, is going to be really hard to find one.
    If you post some pictures of the hopper and the sensors. Showing with what ever, if any, information that is printed on them. Maybe a member would have some. Or you may have to find the whole hopper. Most sell the whole hopper. Taking the sensors out, to sell, leaves the seller with a useless hopper otherwise.

I would contact, John, at Stealth and see if he can help you out. Slot Machines for sale, Pachislo, buy slot machine, Pachislo Slot Machine, Wholesale Slot Machines , Pachinko, Tokens, Stealth Home Amusement

You can also check PachiParts and see if anyone has one for sale. PachiParts - Browse Listings=

001.jpg
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The pins in the photo look like they are for electromagnetic solenoid on the coin selector.
    I don't think shorting them would do anything.

The normal solution for a HC code on a machine made by Sammy would be to:
    Turn the token collection/recovery switch (回収, kaishū) off.
    Then push the reset button (リセット, risetto) to cancel the error code.

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachi_sloter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I tried another hopper and still get the error so i know it's not a problem with the hopper. I think I shorted out something within the power unit that the hopper plugs into.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    It's appears you have managed to "short out" the photo sensors in the hopper.

There are two sensors under the hopper that count the tokens that are dispensed. (See the picture below).
    A spring loaded metal bar/plate goes back and forth between the two, (goal post shaped), photo sensors. Counting the tokens that are awarded. If the sensors are bad, the hopper will dispense one token then stop, because the sensor did not count the hopper dispensing it. Thus, putting the machine in an "HC" error.

Finding the exact individual electronic part, that has the same connector and mounting feature, is going to be really hard to find one.
    If you post some pictures of the hopper and the sensors. Showing with what ever, if any, information that is printed on them. Maybe a member would have some. Or you may have to find the whole hopper. Most sell the whole hopper. Taking the sensors out, to sell, leaves the seller with a useless hopper otherwise.

I would contact, John, at Stealth and see if he can help you out. Slot Machines for sale, Pachislo, buy slot machine, Pachislo Slot Machine, Wholesale Slot Machines , Pachinko, Tokens, Stealth Home Amusement

You can also check PachiParts and see if anyone has one for sale. PachiParts - Browse Listings=

001.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Chumsize View Post
    What do the red&black wires normally connect to? Might be able to figure out what is on the other side of that connector that might be blown if we know that.
    The wires connect to the solenoid that (I believe) controls whether the coins spit out or build credits when you hit a payout combination, but the pins that I shorted are on the circuit board and I assume go to the hopper.