Thread: Nishijin model A ¨cuppie¨ restoration attempt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Nishijin model A ¨cuppie¨ restoration attempt

Greetings to all as I am new here.
    I decide to restore an old Pachinko machine that I had from my youth, as a gift from a relative in the US. It was very rare and strange in my country (Greece), still is .ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367075454.035191.jpg It was dirty and rusty but in a good shape in general. Nothing important was missing or broken.
    So I started by downloading an ebook from an author named James King, with a title "pachinko machine restoration" and also took a lot of photos and taking notes also. I felt a lot secure, though the ebook was about a Nishijin B model. Mine is an A model. In the disassembly procedure with the help of the ebook and a lot of common sense to gap the differences, everything went fine and safe. Nothing was broke. I restore almost everything, except the play-field graphics, by cleaning the plastics, derusting the metals and refinishing all wooden parts. So I felt was time to start the reassemble procedure.... and suddenly I realized that I had create a chaos..
    Four big shoe boxes full of parts and a plastic one full of screws and nuts. That was my big mistake I think, though I had to derust them all by once.
    Now I really do not know where to start because the rear mechanic of the A model is a bit different from the ebook guide.
    I noticed on the net a "Nishijin A Restoration Manual on DVD" from Pachinko Balls | Pachinko Machine Information, Products and Services which the price is a bit expensive, but the shipping cost is huge....!
    Any member has purchased that guide and what opinion has about it? Is it worth the cash?
    Does anyone recommend any other solution?

Thanks a lot for reading my post, looking forward for a reply...

Nikos, Greece

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to kokos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by kokos View Post
    Any member has purchased that guide and what opinion has about it? Is it worth the cash?
    Does anyone recommend any other solution?

Nikos, Greece
    First off to Pachitalk!

I have seen those DVDs by Billy before. Never watched one though. Mainly because all the info you will find there is right here on this site for free.

I have restored many model A machines. They are always the best to play and turn out the nicest.

If you have any questions just ask

-Max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100 machines and counting...

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin model A ¨cuppie¨ restoration attempt

first off

Welcome to Pachitalk
    if you have any questions please ask... we have members everywhere.. and lots of us ahve taken apart machines.. post good pics and im sure we can help ya..

Congrats on your machine.. looking forward to seeing it compleated
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk. Max here is a wealth of information. I am in the process of restoring my model 'A' as well. I have just finished removing the playfield graphic and sanded the play field and am waiting the arrival of the new graphic in the mail.

I am facing the daunting task of the reassembling the machine shortly. Luckily I bagged and numbered each bag as I removed it so I know what order to put it back on. (I hope) I'll post my progress in the Ready to Bowl in 71 thread. There are other great threads I have used here that help. I recommend looking at the Model 'A' technical animation in the sticky section so you can understand how everything works.

Your biggest challenge will be sorting which parts go with what.

I'll try to be more detailed in my reassembly and maybe you can follow along as I go.

Again, welcome. There's a bunch of people here and together we can get your baby back up and running.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Geia Sou Niko, Kalosorises.

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."