Thread: Finally got a hold of my dream pachinko pac world - but i need help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Finally got a hold of my dream pachinko (pac world) - but i need help.

The machine suffers from what seems to be a issue where the screen just kinda doesnt display anything. it is still on. but the picture seems to go away and then return with 3 ?s on the screen as if it doesnt know what symbols to display... almost like its missing assets or something or theres some kinda program glitch.. either way i was wondering if anyone had a manual for this game its made by sankyo. i guess a generic manual will do but i dont seem to know where anything is on here besides the volume setting.

the screen seems to be set for a very bright gamma and i would like to lower that to bring forth a better vivid color .

i have links to pictures if you would like. there is a button on the back im not sure what it does .. if someone can tell me i would appreciate it.. thank you

http://i.imgur.com/lEOlxhN.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Finally got a hold of my dream pachinko (pac world) - but i need help.

That's a clear switch (exactly what it says...). Try holding that in while you power on.

Not familiar with that pachinko... See if you can post some pics of the problem if that doesn't help.

Other than that, try making sure the connections are good - esp to the LCD. Wiggle and reseat the connectors. Helped on a Sankyo I had a while back that had weak video.
    Woof!

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Finally got a hold of my dream pachinko (pac world) - but i need help.

im going to play with it a little more tomorrow (doing a volume control mod) - i did unplug and replug the display wire(s) yesterday and didnt see the issue happen again.. but. the screen gamma is still really high.

here are some pics of the front and the screen Pac World Pachinko - Imgur

Thanks
    Thanks Received

See is you can find any maker / model / markings on the LCD. Might have a gamma adjust - maybe we can dig up some docs for it if you identify it.

Might be worth looking at the voltage coming out of the transformer... If its way over 24v? I don't know LCDs much, but could over voltage cause over-brightness?
    Woof!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My Pac World has a similar problem,just not as bad as yours
    when I first turn it on the screen is very washed out,but after a few minutes it sharpens to near normal (close enough to normal that it doesn't bother me)
    if I sit slightly lower and look slightly up at the cell, it looks perfect

will dig it out tonight and take a closer look,and see if I notice anything that will help
    Last edited by alphaminor; 04-08-2013 at 10:07 AM.
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to alphaminor

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unfortunately no help here,
    Been giving my machine a thorough look over and I'm not seeing any way to control the gamma or any other aspects of the video screen
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!