Thread: My 1st OFFICIAL Nishijin Model A Restoration

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My 1st OFFICIAL Nishijin Model A Restoration

It was just a matter of time (and guts) for me to start my first restoration. The machine I enjoy the most is the Nishijin "pac-man" machine so I decided to attack it. I ordered some backgrounds from Pachinko Planet (thanks James) and went to town.

Surprisingly the things that I though would be tough were easy and viceversa! For example, I thought it was going to be tough to pull out all those nails, but I knocked those out in about 30 minutes! The things that were tough on this machine was pulling off the pockets. Where they were attached with little nails, the plastic was super thin and I cracked everyone! So I'm hoping someone out there has 5 pockets for me to replace what I have (I have a couple of folks helping on this one too). Also, not easy pulling out those cotter pins to hold the track down. That was a bit of a chore too. But to get that playing field off (which I thought would be tough to scrape off) was a sinch! Took my big plastic puddy knife and it came off in one big piece! Then I belt sanded the hole board with some 220 grit and was done!

Last night I polished every nail with brasso and my cordless drill and today, I'm hoping to put the new playing field back on. Wish me luck!!!
    Joe
    Photos later today.

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to jodini