Thread: Wiring help for Daiichi Vanguard Pachinko Machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Wiring help for Daiichi Vanguard Pachinko Machine

Hi all,

I just purchased my first Pachinko machine (Vanguard Daiichi). After tinkering with it a bit I was able to wire up a 9V wall wart to the machine. As far as I can see there are only two bulbs on this machine. I was able to get the low ball light indicator working and now I am trying to figure out how to get the jackpot light to trigger. I see that the jackpot has two small sensors that touch to complete a circuit but when they do, either manually or when a jackpot is hit I am not getting any sort of light. I am unsure of what the problem is and was wondering if any of you have solved this sort of problem.

http://i.imgur.com/2QoWgrp.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/vgqKcFl.jpg (Look toward the bottom left in the clear housing is where the contacts are).

I've already tried sanding the contacts just a bit to see if there was some corrosion on them. I also have tested the bulb with a 9V battery and it works without any issues.

So glad I joined this site. I've already learned a lot about the machine!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Wiring help for Daiichi Vanguard Pachinko Machine

have your found were the green wire is broken from?? please post a pics of where you reattached it at..

post a pic if the upper left and center left of your machine
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A pic of the whole back, and some pics followinf the existing wiring would help!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't remember which two terminals are used to hook up the lighting. It does seem that the dangling green wire should be hooked up.

Can post some pictures later tonight if no one else has helped by then.

There are three, plastic, thumbscrew terminals. One positive, one negative and one for the attendant call light.

If you use the wrong terminal; most machines will light the low reward tray bulb and it will stay on no matter what is happening with the switches.

Your low reward tray bulb should go on and off with the switch.
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The green & red terminals is where you add power. Usually it doesn't matter much which side is positive. Also you won't break anything if you hook it up backwards, all it might do is like Carl said which is keep the light on. But you will break stuff if you add more than 9v to the circuit (AC or DC doesn't matter).

Here are some pics of a Daiichi I cleaned up a while ago.

16.jpg7 - Copy.jpg

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

max can you post a close up of where the green wire should go??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Wiring help for Daiichi Vanguard Pachinko Machine

Too late?

Here are some pictures and a video.

NO DSC03753.jpg DAIICHI Derby 2 Back.jpg

DAIICHI Vintage Pachinko Machine Derby 2 - YouTube

Go to about time 4:05 or so for a close up.

Max is correct about "typical" wiring. (When isn't he correct?)

Worked on a SANKYO today that was modified at some time and the low reward tray was "always on" unless the tray was low, then the light switched off. Microswitch was wired normally closed...

PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry for the late response. I have my wall wart hooked up to the 2 most right pins. Like I mentioned the low ball light works correctly with the switch for the low ball sensor. The green ground wire I was able to determine where it was supposed to go and have that all set.

I am still having a problem with the jackpot light, I am unable to get that to work. I am wondering if the relay is bad or what my next steps in determining what to check is. I have checked the bulb and it works fine. All the wiring seems to be fine and I have checked the wires for resistance.

I will post a picture later this week. Probably Friday or so.

Also, in regards to the brass nails/pins, is there an easy way to polish these, or do I have to remove all the pins before polishing them? I think this would be the best "bang for the buck" of making the machine look better. Any tips?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MI_Pachi View Post
    Sorry for the late response. I have my wall wart hooked up to the 2 most right pins. Like I mentioned the low ball light works correctly with the switch for the low ball sensor. The green ground wire I was able to determine where it was supposed to go and have that all set.

I am still having a problem with the jackpot light, I am unable to get that to work. I am wondering if the relay is bad or what my next steps in determining what to check is. I have checked the bulb and it works fine. All the wiring seems to be fine and I have checked the wires for resistance.

Also, in regards to the brass nails/pins, is there an easy way to polish these, or do I have to remove all the pins before polishing them? I think this would be the best "bang for the buck" of making the machine look better. Any tips?
    There is no relay with the jackpot bulb. There is a leaf switch. A few possible faults: bad bulb socket, loose wire to leaf solder joint, loose wire somewhere else.
    Easiest way (for me) to check leaf switch is with a multimeter set to resistance (Ohms). If switch is open (leafs not touching) multimeter should read "0.L" or "OPEN"; if switch is closed (leafs touching) multimeter should read "0". Easiest way to check rest of circuit and bulb socket is to use a 9V battery clip with two wires; touch wires to the bulb socket at the solder connections and see if bulb lights, then work your way back to the terminals to find the fault. Sometimes there is corrosion inside the bulb socket. Sounds like you may have checked all that.

I like to use brand name "Bar Keepers Friend Cooktop Cleaner" for polishing the nails. I like that brand because it seems easier on my skin... You don't have to remove the nails. I'm not sure what way is fastest or easiest. There are threads about polishing nails. I'm sure others will chime in.

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would do exactly what Carl says about finding the problem in your wiring. Start at the switches, move to the sockets, and work your way back to the fuse block. (I take it that you have replaced the fuse right?)

I use MAAS metal polish & a wide shoelace for pins if I do them by hand. You can find the polish at ACE hardware, it comes in a silver tube and it is a pink paste. It has given me the brightest shine out of all polishes I have tried (also holds the shine for quite a while.) I do suggest you wear gloves when polishing, one for the polish (but it isn't that bad); but mainly so your pins won't re-oxidize as fast, because the oils in your skin speed up that process.

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok here's my almost 3 month later update! Sorry I got super busy.

I was able to determine that one of the wires from the leaf switch to bulb had a cut in it. I cut the section out and replaced it with a small wire piece and all is working well.

@mxfaiman, thank you for the tip on the MAAS polish. The pins are now all very clean on the top side. I am still having issues polishing the side of the pins. I tried the shoe lace method but it didn't seem to work that well. Any other ideas? FYI, I left the pins nailed down, I did not remove them.

What I'd really like to do, is re-wire the whole machine so I'd need about 5-10 feet of 16/18 gauge wire in colors Green, Red, and Blue. Is there anywhere I can get that?

14. The following user says "Thanks" to MI_Pachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have found cleaning the nails can be tedious but the end result is well worth the time. I have never removed the nails for cleaning but I am sure the final result is probably best that way.

As far as the wires go, they should be pretty easy to find at Radio Shack or online.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

@mxfaiman, thank you for the tip on the MAAS polish. The pins are now all very clean on the top side. I am still having issues polishing the side of the pins. I tried the shoe lace method but it didn't seem to work that well. Any other ideas? FYI, I left the pins nailed down, I did not remove them.

What I'd really like to do, is re-wire the whole machine so I'd need about 5-10 feet of 16/18 gauge wire in colors Green, Red, and Blue. Is there anywhere I can get that?
    Well sounds like you got the idea of polishing right. But your not using the shoelace right. Below is a pic showing how I use it.

044.jpg

Take the ends and just pull it back and forth. It is slow going but it turns out well. (Also note you might need a few shoelaces as they can get dirty fast.)

You can rewire the whole machine if you feel like it. You should be able to find the wire at Radio Shack or even Ace might have it. You don't need to reuse the exact colors, as it won't hurt the value.

17. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Well sounds like you got the idea of polishing right. But your not using the shoelace right. Below is a pic showing how I use it.

044.jpg

Take the ends and just pull it back and forth. It is slow going but it turns out well. (Also note you might need a few shoelaces as they can get dirty fast.)

You can rewire the whole machine if you feel like it. You should be able to find the wire at Radio Shack or even Ace might have it. You don't need to reuse the exact colors, as it won't hurt the value.
    I'll give that a shot with the shoe lace. Do you put the polish on the nails or on the shoe lace?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll give that a shot with the shoe lace. Do you put the polish on the nails or on the shoe lace?
    On the shoe lace. It is easier that way.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have cleaned only a few and use a variation, which works for me, using a gel Brasso. I tear/cut a cloth into strips so I can replace it when it gets too grimy but use it exactly like the shoe lace.

I "pre-treat" the nails before using the cloth on them. I use a Q-tip and dab enough on it to be able to coat the nails pretty well. I let it sit for a bit, usually, I do a small section at a time and by the time, I am done dabbing I can go back and clean. One thing is that you don't want really fluffy Q-tips (too much fluff). My Daughter noted that the cheap Walmart brand met this requirement. I "scrub" a bit between the nails that are spaced close together. I go through about 1 queue tip per every 15 nails. I then clean and buff with the cloth strips being careful to not nick my cuticles any more than needed.

I cover up any payout holes and such below, in case of drops.

2013-06-29 18.25.57.jpg2013-06-24 21.09.52.jpg

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to rnikula