1280 yen starting bid.

ڥ F󤱤ХȥJX 1/348 - Yahoo!

Ian #UKPachinko

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo Victory Cel Fever Janken battle

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me something about this machine? I know nothing about modern machines (yet). Does it have a LCD video screen or is that some other kind of screen? Is it a good machine?
    I may have a chance to buy one of these but there (may) be something wrong with it... the owner says it lights up but doesn't work...he says he doesn't know anything about it. Could it be a simple problem? Are there some "common" things to check when when this type of machine won't work?
    Thanks,
    Greg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This was my first pachinko machine, and it got me hooked (I now have 20 moderns!). It's got an LCD in the centre and an animatronic hand to the right of the screen. I haven't played this one for a while, so my memory of it is starting to get hazy, but this is what I remember...

The basic premise of the game is that you are at a Janken (rock-paper-scissors) tournament, and the players are all characters from other Sankyo pachinko machines. When you hit the start pocket, you get the normal spinning reels on the LCD display. There's a small 'action' button on the lower left side of the frame, if it lights up during a spin, press it and you will get a character pop up on the screen offering a hint (in Japanese) to the outcome.

There are a lot of reaches, most referencing previous Sankyo machines so there's a bit of variety. They also trigger a set of sub-games on the LCD, some of which are virtual recreations of the centre feature's of pre-LCD machines, some are just little animated scenes. Occasionally you get entered into the Janken Battle, and you get to play rock-paper-scissors against the machine. In this mode the action button moves the animatronic hand and at the end of the countdown, you get a fever round if you beat your opponent.

After the fever rounds, the kakuhen and chance modes take you away from the normal Janken Battle theme on the LCD display, and the gameplay changes to a recreation of a few earlier Sankyo LCD pachinko machines.

Good points, the tributes to earlier machines give you a lot of variety in gameplay, it's like getting a few different pachinko machines in one. Bad points, most of the hints and screens are in Japanese and sometimes the game can appear confusing as it switches between modes. So it's a good machine to keep your interest, but may seem a bit weird to a casual player.

As far as technical problems go, there are a few common checks. Usually a modern machine that lights up but doesn't work is either a missing dongle (the shooter handle is disabled without it), or a ball jam. This machine is in the Sankyo Victory frame, so is a good choice for a first modern as there's a fair bit of knowledge about them on these forums and there's a translated manual for it on my website.

5. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the information Dave. It sounds like a fun and interesting machine. I have a few vintage machines and several Pachislo machines... this sounds like a combination of the two.
    What is a "Dongle" and what does it look like... and where would I look on a machine to see if it's missing or not?
    Assuming no parts are missing, are malfunctions usually easy to fix on these machines?
    Thanks,
    Greg
    (also, what is a Reach?)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Am I just hungry, or does that "rock" in the upper playfield look like a bagel?
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wondered what that was too
    I understand this is a 2004 machine. Does anyone know what machines of this type (that may have an unknown issue) are going for nowadays ?
    Thanks,
    Greg

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Price always depends on theme, condition and number of balls. As for value of this one. No idea as it seems to vary state to state. As for reach... Hit 2 out of 3 numbers on the reel it will go into reach, can be a short or long animated sequence that may or may not use the animatronics. Pretty much all moderns do this. They don't just spin3 matching numbers but draw out the process. To build excitement. Or on some models, drive you nuts.

Heiwa southern raised pt1 (CR南国育ち) - YouTube

This is from one of my machines but it shows reaches and chance sequence
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 08-09-2013 at 09:31 AM.
    Ian #UKPachinko