Thread: OValOne Frame Help Aliens Vs Predator - Shooter Stops Intermittently

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default OValOne Frame Help (Aliens Vs Predator) - Shooter Stops Intermittently

Wondering if anyone can help on a shooter issue I am having.

Just got in an AVP (Finally!) but its having intermittent shooting issues...the shooter mech will just stop for no reason even though my hand position has not moved at all.

Also sometimes it wont start when when I turn the knob and then all of a sudden start after a long delay.

I am making sure I am not pushing in the 'pause' button on the knob and I am making as much skin contact with the knob as possible...

I was thinking that maybe the adjustment for the knob sensitivity might be set to low but I cannot locate where to adjust the sensitivity.

Anyone ever come across a problem like this or can offer some suggestions?

Thanks!
    Godzilla IV, Bruce Lee: Game of Death, Star Wars Darth Vader, Gatchaman/G-Force, 777 Flash
    AVP Pachinkos--->Looking for Green Frame Matrix & Tom & Jerry Pachinkos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: OValOne Frame Help (Aliens Vs Predator) - Shooter Stops Intermittently

Are you sure that you are making contact at all times with the grounding ring on the shooter knob, this is a metal ring on the shooter knob, on the back half.
    Best way to hold the shooter knob is like you are holding onto a baseball fully encompassing it while touching the grounding ring, and turn the shooter nob to your shooting sweet spot.
    I've never met a Pachi I didn't like

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: OValOne Frame Help (Aliens Vs Predator) - Shooter Stops Intermittently

I don't think this frame uses a metal ring like others.

This one doesn't have a metal ring and the everything on the handle is plastic (which makes sense if there is no sensitivity adjustment)

I'm going to remove and open up the knob to investigate as I already unplugged and plugged back in connections leading from the the knob with the same results.
    Godzilla IV, Bruce Lee: Game of Death, Star Wars Darth Vader, Gatchaman/G-Force, 777 Flash

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

try a different dongle. if one of the components is faulty, it may cause the shooter not to function
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

^Tried a different dongle and same result BUT I did find the problem...see below:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I took out the knob as the knobs' connections looked good and didn't think that was the problem.

Opened it up and found out a few interesting things:

The spring has to make good contact with the that metal tab. This grounds the knob allowing the knob to activate the shooter mech.

In fact if I took out the spring and turned the knob, nothing would fire, but if I took the spring out and touched the metal tab with my finger (or the plate the tab is connected to ) the shooter rod would fire consitently.

Instead of using a metal grounding ring like most frames, this frame has the knob always grounded and ready to fire via the internal spring touching the metal grounding tab and the only thing that stops it from firing is the 'pause' switch which is activated when the knob is in the rest postiion. Take the knob out of rest postiion, deactivating the 'pause' switch and it fires away.

So I just cleaned the part of the spring that touches that tab and the tab it makes contact with. Cleaned off some rust? But now it makes great contact (and conductivity) and I no longer have those mystery pauses for no reason. Fires consitently now and problem solved woohoo!

Maybe the machine had not been used for awhile? Or perhaps the spring just got dirty from being used alot? Either way a little cleaning with some rubbing alcohol and all is great!

Just decided to post this in case anyone comes acorss this problem witht his frame. Easy fix once you figure out the way this knob gets grounded.
    Last edited by Pincade; 03-04-2013 at 07:23 PM.

7. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Pincade

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you for taking the time on this to post.

I have a Thunderbirds (2009), same frame, that I'm fixing for sale. I've got it working perfectly, except for the sound, which is far too low during normal play.
    In fact, I just started a thread about it.

Any thoughts on sound volume adjustment from your experience with AVP?
    There is always another machine around the corner...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Responded on your other thread here:
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/mode...tml#post483008

Good news is there is a built in volume control knob.

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Pincade

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When I had Trouble with My Oval 1 I had to open up the door and remove a panel or 2 but it was really easy. I then grindedthe exit it smooth and vacuumed out the debris( I used a Dremel tool ) down the the area where the ball comes out as there was a DIVOT there.
    The balls would SOMETIMES sit there and not come out as the ball would sit there. smoothly SOMETHING to look for...
    It took my a few seconds and what I thought was a shooter problem was not.
    It may NOT be your issue as your seems electrical based but I figured why not since you have it apart.
    Hope I helped a little while you have it apart!
    Last edited by KimbaWLion; 03-05-2013 at 03:13 PM.
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to KimbaWLion

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good info - will come in handy if my Yamato decides to act up.
    Stu www.animemecha.com
    Pachinko: Yamato CR1, Dai Yamato 2, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 2, Gatchaman
    Pachislo: Gundam II, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is why I love this site. I just got my Yamato CR1 today and while trying out I noticed really intermittent operation of the shooter. I followed the steps and indeed the inner spring had a slight coating of rust. A little rubbing alcohol on the spring until the rust disappeared and the shooter is right as rain.

Still figuring some things out. It seems this model as a really small jackpot supply tray so Fevers require quite a bit of filling. Also I can't seem to find the light on the frame that indicates a low jackpot. It's fairly prominent on the Lumina frame but not so much on this one.

Installing a Gaku counter will be a challenge but I have an idea, I just have to run it by Musky.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...