Thread: New Pachinko owner, need some help with 2 new machines

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question New Pachinko owner, need some help with 2 new machines

Hello, I am new to pachinko in the past year, my first machine is a Nishijin Model B super Deluxe, works fine, have not attempted lighting it yet.
    I have recently purchased 2 more advanced machines, one is a Diichi with a monitor in the middle, it seems intact, powers up, the monitor works, but do not know how to set up and play.

The second machine is a Sankyo Stellar machine, with 3 spinning reels in the middle. It powers up, but beeps loudly, and there appears to be a large part missing where an IDE drive once was connected, with several unattached wires.

Pictures of both are attached.

My post is to try to find out more about the machines, how to operate them, and if the parts are available for the Sankyo machine, or if I should just sell it for parts.

Thanks in advance for helping a newbie to the hobby.IMG_1510.jpgIMG_1504.jpgIMG_1506.jpgIMG_1508.jpg

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to mikereednv

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Pachinko owner, need some help with 2 new machines

Not at my pv at the moment but working off the phone. Certainley looks like the sankyo is missing its main board. Some one here might have a board or a complete cel to put in instead

I spy a basic dongle on the daiichi. So your shooter should work. But the buttons and display on the front don't. You need a daverob dongle to re activate the parlour buttons. As for setting up. It's the same as a vintage. Put a couple of hundred balls in the rear tank. Put some in the front tray and shoot for the start pocket. As with the model b, make sure you have something to catch the shot balls and the ball dump is closed before you fill it up. Will try to find out more later
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Aboard

Back at my keyboard now, Or for some reason its called a pv phone fat finger syndrome

The Daiichi is called CRどろろん忍者くんV from 1996 or Dororon Ninja
    The Sankyo is CRF.彩 from 1995 or Fever Saturation blame google
    Ian #UKPachinko

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

!!! Welcome !!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK. Here's a pic from a current yja auction for a cel for a Sankyo Fever Arabian

¥ì¥È¥í¡©¡¡»°¶¦ F¥¢¥é¥Ó¥¢¥óDX - Yahoo!¥ª¡¼¥¯¥·¥ç¥ó

It shows the circuit board you are missing for yours. This board would be specific for the cel. So to get yours to work, You would need to find the correct board with CR F.彩 written on the back.
    Now I'm afraid that is a very long shot that someone has that exact machine part. But it is possible, But you might have to wait a long time. Such is the nature of things.

So you have 3 options for the Sankyo.

Sell it for spares.

Wait and see if the right part becomes available.

Replace the cel with a different complete one/ or form another faulty machine. If thats the case. Try to find another CR machine with the parlour buttons on the front.
    I have read that on some cels and frames the cash version does not work on the cr frames. As for this version. I do not know. There are loads of fun themed cels that would fit, some lcd and some with real reels
    Ian #UKPachinko

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ian,

First, thanks for the kind welcome to the forum. Also, thanks for offering some very nice advice to the machines, especially the one missing the brain. I actually like the look of that cell in the auction, how difficult would it be to swap that out, and would those parts offer a complete solution? If not, what other things would be needed? My mechanical ability is likely above average, I like to restore cars, and have built several PCs from scratch, along with a wired home network, so I am not afraid of the work that may be involved, just need to get some other projects out of the way first, so this machine may just wind up in the attic for a bit of time. In regards to the dongle for the Daiichi machine, that should be relatively easy to correct, thanks again. Any other items of knowledge or advice you may have, please let me know, I am new and all ears for this hobby.
    Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That auction is ended now, I was using it as a point of reference.
    I haven't done any work on a modern of that era. So can not advise how easy it easy to swap a cel, But it normally takes about 15-20 minutes on the first time and a lot quicker after that.
    Getting a cel from Japan might be an option, But I'll say this now, Its not a cost affective option. Look to be paying approx $200 with the shipping.

I don't know if the CR (card reader) and non CR version cels are interchangable. I hope somone else has more knowldge that me on that.
    But if I see an interesting cel, I normally post it in the YJA section of the board.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    I don't know if the CR (card reader) and non CR version cels are interchangable..
    Thet are not compatible,I have run into this problem a couple of times after aquiring a few extra cells when Slot Pachinko closed (especially with the Sankyo Victory frame as well as the Heiwa Hotaru frame,these were produced in both CR and non-CR forms)

There seems to always be a slight difference in wiring between the cell and the frame between the two styles
    the cell will usually hook up correctly enough to light up and look functional, but something will be wrong ( shooter issues,payout issues,etc...)

BTW...
    Welcome To Pachitalk!!!
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

15. The following user says "Thanks" to alphaminor