Thread: Picked up an Eva 4 from FBTC!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Picked up an Eva 4 from FBTC!

Well after quite the dry spell between purchases I jumped on the Valentine's Day sale from Five Brothers - decided to pick up the Evangelion 4 and got it for $249 shipped! Very excited to add another to the collection.

On a side note Kazuki emailed me and let me know there was a slight mix up (They boxed up a Eva 4 Pachinko by accident) and that they were already on it - Huge props for good customer service that is a dying art form these days.

Evangelion-4-Pachislo-500x500.jpg
    Stu www.animemecha.com
    Pachinko: Yamato CR1, Dai Yamato 2, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 2, Gatchaman
    Pachislo: Gundam II, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 4

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to StuTalon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Picked up an Eva 4 from FBTC!

Congratulations!!! I had my eye on that machine as well. Would love to hear what you think of it.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    Congratulations!!! I had my eye on that machine as well. Would love to hear what you think of it.
    Not a problem - Will try and post a good review and some video once I get it thawed out (still digging out from the Nemo blizzard up here in NH).
    Stu www.animemecha.com
    Pachinko: Yamato CR1, Dai Yamato 2, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 2, Gatchaman

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to StuTalon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well the Evangelion 4 Pachislo arrived today and before I talk about the machine I want to just mention that the packing job was incredible! Bagged foam peanuts and bubble wrap inside to keep the reels safe and sound, lots of extra well planned padding and spacers to keep the machine as secure as possible and even a cut styrofoam notched block around the spin handle to keep it safe - very impressed.

As for the machine itself I would say it gets a solid A- overall. Sound is great and the frame design is very nice with a beautiful 3D Rei for belly glass. The video is taken from the more recent Evangelion reworked storyline, music, and plot. The "action" button on the right is a nice way to keep you paying attention as on-screen triggers are fairly common during gameplay. The reels are pretty big compared to my other machines and the reel artwork as a result is nicely detailed. Animatronics are cool, the hand on the left side and head on the right are used quite often and very well done with good articulation and nice sync with on-screen scenes of the Eva doing it's best Charlie Sheen impression and going bonkers.

So why the A- you ask? I think my Galaxy Railways machine with the touch-screen sets a really high bar. That machine can do a lot more with the addition of a touch screen and the added interactivity keeps me engaged a lot longer I think so to beat that design is tough for sure. The Eva case design beats the Galaxy Railways and is probably on par with the Gundam II pachi it's sitting next to for uniqueness. The normal play and bonus round animation is well done with lots of little easter eggs and fun moments to find.

Just want to take a sec to reiterate how happy I was with Kazuki over at FIVE BROTHERS TRADING COMPANY, INC. | We are the premier supplier of Japanese Pinball and Slot machines called "Pachinko" and "Pachislo" machines and accessories directly from Japan and we are confident that we can fulfill all of your Pachinko and Pa - communication was usually within half a day and always clear as to when things were shipping, and when I should expect to get a tracking number from the shipping crew in Virginia. We discussed what was coming in the next shipment and I even sent over my wishlist to see if he can find a few more for the gameroom. I was so happy with the transaction that I even ordered another pachinko (Gatchaman - Destiny's Bond) which should ship later this week... I know, it's a sickness.

I will take some video of gameplay once I get it set up in a spot with better lighting - but for now I am going back down to play some more!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stu www.animemecha.com

7. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to StuTalon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks for the review! nice machine! and fbtc is great, love the super sea story 2 i got from them

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to jasonartamis

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks StuTalon, your review finally pushed me make the leap and snag one of these beauties while the sale was still going on
    It should look awesome next to the Eva 4 pachinko
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to alphaminor

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I own one of these too... just don't have it with me!

Spoiler
    There is always another machine around the corner...

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mine's arrived - need a transformer first.

Great packaging and looks the best of the 8 machines that arrived this week.
    Five Brothers are very professional indeed.
    There is always another machine around the corner...

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to candyflip