Thread: Evangelion 7 - super nifty in many ways...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Evangelion 7 - super nifty in many ways...

I'll keep adding to this thread... throw in a video in sooner or later, though there are tons on YooToob. And do a full review after I play for another week.

But so far I'm really loving this machine. There's quite a bit more going on than in the Eva 6 machine. So far I haven't been able to figure out exactly what's happening as it seems to switch modes around and level up in a huge variety of ways. Still too much to digest. Need to find a good guide website.

The chance button is pretty much in constant use... and hitting it never really guarantees even a reach. And sometimes you need to time when you hit it, or you can blow your chance at going into "super reach". Haven't had to use the joystick on the machine yet, but I'm only an hour in.

Animatronics are excellent with Unit 1 in the upper right - occasionally reaches to push a lance together mid screen. On the left there is a creepy Unit 02 face that shoots in now and then, and some locking pistons that thump the machine when they activate.

Tons of content from the 2nd movie... and tons that isn't in any movie, or are variations of what happens.

One of the coolest features is the hookups to your phone for saving stats. Its done thru iOS or Android - though I think a mobile web version might be available. Note that you need to get a Japan app store account to download the free app... and there's some trial and error once you do to sign up. Anyway, you are led to the signup by scanning a QR barcode at a screen that can be pulled up by hitting the chance button when the machine is idle.

So if you're signed up, you start a "trial" - which means your stats will start recording. A character will show up in the lower left corner with a Synchro rate and track your progress. When you're done, go back to the idle screen and get a qr code. This will be scanned into the mobile app where your stats are saved. Next time around, just ask the app for a passcode, enter it into the main screen, and it resumes where you left off.

In the app, you can see how many starts, jackpots, chance modes, RUB's (no idea what that is... Though that's what the online ranking is based on...), etc. Basically a per-session data counter for free.

SO - I'll keep messing with it. So far I'm Synched with Misato at 1% and have completed 2% of the <haven't translated it yet>.

Oh... and if you don't feel like picking it up, go get the iPad/iPhone universal app. I think there's an Android version available too. Pretty good - and its available in the US AppStore! Unfortunately, its $16.99 - though its much cheaper than the physical machine. Its a 1.8 gig download (!!!), but takes 2 gigs unpacked. Like I said, this machine has a ton of content.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crwe...594437150?mt=8
    mzl.hpkfnpnc.320x480-75.jpgmzl.amldxpza.320x480-75.jpg
    Woof!

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Evangelion 7 - super nifty in many ways...

Never heard of that Stat App thingy-doodah before!!

I wonder if we will see more pachinkos evolving and getting more interactive, what with the all the modern smartphone App technology now available, like virtual battle counters

wonder if the apps work in the parlours??

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post

wonder if the apps work in the parlours??

I think that's their primary use. Just a way for players around the country (and now world) to compare their stats, I guess. And have rankings. Of course we have the benefit of a key and a nail bender... Maybe not fair for rankings. I was kind of curious as to whether it would try and use location services on me and go "WTF? How is this guy using a machine at that location?" or maybe it would assume I was playing the machine whatever parlor it used to be installed. Need to do some translatin' of the app features.

Though to sign up for the Japan app store, I used the address of the Osaka Dome for my billing address. Closest thing I could find to the old Blues Brothers/Wrigley Field gag. Maybe it will show that as my locale.
    Woof!

5. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you so much for the review and info!! this is so cool how pachis are evolving!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What's the name of the application that is used to take the qr photo? Does the machine have an actual USB port to connect a phone?
    I am looking for a Hokuto No Ken (Fist of the North Star) Pachinko/Pachislo. If you have one for sale and are in the USA please let me know!
    Pachislo - Hokuto No Ken 2003 _ Pachinko - Evangelion
    7 2012 - Super Sea Story 2006

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just do a search for the QR Code Reader app in either the Apple or Andriod app store.
    Then just open the app on your smartphone, and point the camera towards the QR code.
    The app will focus and scan the QR code, and take you to some website.
    I've never met a Pachi I didn't like

9. The following user says "Thanks" to jmaclerran

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ahhhh cool makes sense. Ty!
    I am looking for a Hokuto No Ken (Fist of the North Star) Pachinko/Pachislo. If you have one for sale and are in the USA please let me know!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Jmaclerran.
    I recently bought an Evangelion pachislo which seams to be from the same period of your pachinko. http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...suro-menu.html
    I have the same QRcode mechanism to save my stats, but when I flash it i just see an error webpage with a message i can't understand.
    The website you use to save your data is Mobasuro ?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Jake: How are you gonna get the band back together, Mr. Hot Rodder? Those cops have your name, your address...

Elwood: They don't have my address. I falsified my renewal. I put down 1060 West Addison.
    Jake: 1060 West Addison? That's Wrigley Field.

I love that movie! It made me appreciate Motown and R&B. Driving through a mall and wrecking 103 police cars were fun highlights.
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

13. The following user says "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

mr Lapinou I do not have the Eva 7 machine. I was just giving PachiPachi some help on how to work the QR code. Chumsize is the owner of the Eva 7.
    I've never met a Pachi I didn't like

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hehehe... Was in Chicago in August - went to a Cubs game. The first thing I thought when I walked up was "1060 West Addison"..."Blues Brothers"...

Anyhoo - You need to download the ios/android app for your machine. Most likely the Mobapachi/Mobasuro one, though some use Sanyo "Powapachi". The next trick is signing up... I think you can if you have a google open id...

Then you can use that to capture the QR codes - and get passwords to continue your progress.
    Woof!

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I used to use the app on my iPhone. It worked OK but the Japanese was a little confusing. I have a Nexus 4 (android) but google play store doesn't allow USA users (or anyone not in Japan for that matter) to download the mobachi application. Then, I realized that I can use Chrome browser with my Android. This allowed me to instantly translate the entire mobachi website in English!! Now the entire process is in English in a much bigger screen than my iPhone.

Use a scanning app from google play store to scan the QR code as if you were using the mobachi app. It will take you right to the web site

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to PachiPachi