Thread: Totem theme Nishijin jackpot issues...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Totem theme Nishijin jackpot issues...

Been putzing around with several of my machines, getting them to work is always a fun challenge,
    So I have this Nishijin super deluxe sophia that I just can't seem to get working,
    I have included a few pictures in case someone more savvy sees something I missed, ( did give names to things that might be unique to me lol )
    The issue is with a jackpot, the scoring ball will push the paddle down to the bottom where is should drop that winning ball and pay off, but several wrong things happen, the ball gets stuck at the bottom, but even when I work it and make it fall through the jackpot mach doesn't drop it's load the arm is a hair and I do mean a hair from dropping, I can work the other end of the paddle and it just won't allow the jackpot to drop unless I help it at the mech itself, then the rod that was a hair from dumping the jack pot doesn't move the other way enough to load the next jackpot.
    If you look at the picture showing the paddle it is hanging lower at rest than working ones I have seen.If you look through the sorta clear box to the right of the jackpot mech the jackpot mech arm has a wire that does seem to be a stop of sorts can it be bent to give more movement of the jackpot arm?

Any ideas where I am missing it on this one?

Seesaw.jpgjackpot.JPGpaddle.jpg
    "We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Totem theme Nishijin jackpot issues...

first sugestion is to clean the two pivot points in the jackpot arm top and bottom

your going to have to remove a cover or tow but the bottom one has caused me problems a few times

the top pivot point is within your second picture.. the bottom pivot point is just to the right 4 or 5 inches off your last picture
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Another common problem occurs under the clear plastic on the second picture. In the ramp that has the two white plastic lazy "Z" pieces hanging down, sometimes grime builds up and the weight of the balls can no longer pull one of the "Z" pieces all the way out of the way of the jackpot linkage. This will cause the machine to empty only one side of the jackpot consistently, or if they are both too nasty, make the jackpot not pay off at all. Make sure they are both clear of the blocker on the linkage.

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So it seems clean and moves freely, just the paddle is all the way down and the jackpot still doesn't get dumped, if you look the pictures you will see it's just a hair from dumping, wonder if it could just be wear on the parts,
    In the one picture you can just barely see that wire, it it used as a stop for the jackpot arm or? can should it be tweaked?

arm wire.jpgjackpot trigger.JPGpaddle bottom.jpg
    "We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

have ya tried cleaning the piovot points??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances