Thread: latest acquisitions...in need of parts

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default latest acquisitions...in need of parts

I got a couple more fun machines, well one is fun one is sadly broken,
    The one with the girls face, is missing parts and has parts of the jackpot hopper broken, on the plus side it's Sanyo so I am hoping someone has what I need in their parts bin.

Take a look at what it needs,
    brokenjackpot.JPG

The face is really neat, three holes for balls make the flowers in her hair spin and or her eyes flip which one is winking, from the specks of paint left she was red headed.
    The face is an odd paper like decal. I will be most tempted to repaint this one.
    Under her face are little cherubs, I do hope someone has the parts I need to get this one working.

girlface.jpg fullgirl.jpg

The next is a very fun machine, made by Maruto it has a high payout rate yet hard to score anything down the middle, the person who made the stand hogged out a nice hole right through the bottom of the machine frame and I will rework that to just roll the balls forward for replay.
    While it needs a good cleaning ( I don't like to restore too much, just get them working nice and clean ) it still worked well for the couple hours I spent playing tonight,
    The whole back opens up for real easy service,
    The only downside, the ball overflow tray is broken off as you can see I am hoping this is another part someone might have in their junk bin.

fullmaruto.jpgbrokentray.JPG

Many thanks,
    Cheers,
    P.

"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams"

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to The13bats

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: latest acquisitions...in need of parts

Nice machines! Congrats on your latest acquisitions.

I checked my parts bin and I don't have the jackpot payout mechanism for a Sankyo. Sorry. The only one I have will fit the Nishijin Sophia, and it appears that I have already ransacked it for a small part, so it is not complete. Looking at your picture, the Nishijin part I have is quite different from yours, so I don't think it work in your machine.

Hopefully another member will have the exact part you need. This is a great site with a very helpful community, and I have no doubt a member will come to your aid.

~Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't have the lower tray anymore(went to another member), but I DO have what looks like the complete jackpot mech. for that Sanyo. PM me for details. Here's a pic of it:

20130106_090556.jpg
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

5. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The lower tray might be a trick to find. Being a Maruto, and not terribly common, parts might not be too easy to find. Fortunately, it can be easily fixed. My favorite epoxy for fixing plastic on pachinko machines is called "plastic welder"finally 002.jpg Manufactured by VersaChem, part#47809. I get it at Autozone for about b$5.50, avaliable at most car parts stores. Very strong, quick setting. You only get 10 to 15 minutes to work with it. I would use tape to make a backing, mix and spread the epoxy over the tape, when dry peel off tape and sand to shape. The 1st layer is never right...bubbles, waves, low spots. Just like Bondo...except harder to sand. Apply thin layers and sand smooth until you are satisfied. If finer grits of sandpaper are used, it can be polished to a very fine surface. However it is a creme color, and you will want to paint the tray, polishing would make it harder for paint to stick. If you eventually find a tray...then you can replace it. But this fix can hold you over forever, or until you find one which will feel like forever! Here is a repair I made with it on a Maruhon.epoxy 001.jpgepoxy 003.jpg I had goofed, mounting holes didn't line up...so I had to break it and epoxy it again.epoxy...parts machine 001.jpgepoxy...parts machine 004.jpgepoxy...parts machine 014.jpgNOT YET 002.jpgNOT YET 001.jpgfinally 004.jpg This was a bit extreme, most repairs I use this stuff for is much simpler. But it shows how easy your repair can be! I also greatly modified a Nishijin upper hopper to fit this machine, more info here if interested. 2 new vintages!

7. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall