Thread: Need help with error code

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Angry Need help with error code

Good morning all, first time post here. I just bought two machines from craigslist one works and the other needs help. At first the error was CJ and I looked at the back of the mech and found that the spring for the first coin sensor was loose and inside the sensor. That is fixed but now I show a Cr code. After an odds reset the code comes up instantly after turning the reset switch. I have done 8 hours of reading and not found the answer to what im looking for. What I have found so far is the bottom fuse on the power supply was popped (fixed now) the electromagnet that pulls the coin track closed does not engage when the machine powers on. I have tried this coin mech on the other machine and the magnet does work and the coin track goes into position. I then tried the magnet from the good machine on the bad one and it did not work. I have checked all wires and plugs on the board under the window, reset a million times, cleaned the mech and hopper many times, I am getting to the point where I am very frustrated. Does anyone know what the wires should read and the coin mech plug(plugged in and unplugged)? What is a Cr code? what does it mean? can I bypass the coin mech to see if the machine is working? any help would be great

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need help with error code

forgot to mention the broken machine is a "universal frozen nights" big chance machine. ill post some pics soon

3. The following user says "Thanks" to wwiaftm

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There seems to be no power powering the magnet to close the metal gate that keeps the coins in. I tried the magnet from the good machine and it didn't work either. Yet both magnets work on the good machine.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't know much about slots. but it might be worth checking the opto sensors in the coin mech. I would expect any machine not to power the magnet if its in fault, To stop people putting more tokens in to an unplayable machine.
    Are there any leds on the mother board that change staus when you run a coin through the mech? Hold the lever in place to substitue the magnet for testing. Or take note of what LEDS are on. Turn off the mains. Unplug the coin mech, then turn the power back on and see if any have changed status or it doesn't go straight into fault when disconnected. Safer to do it with the machine switched off than on
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you so much. I spliced in the coin sensor from the working one a it fired right up. So thank you thank you thank you. Next question is where do I buy the sensor? Or a whole coin mech?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by wwiaftm View Post
    Thank you so much. I spliced in the coin sensor from the working one a it fired right up. So thank you thank you thank you. Next question is where do I buy the sensor? Or a whole coin mech?
    I will send off a few E mails and see if I can find one. . .
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    I don't know much about slots. but it might be worth checking the opto sensors in the coin mech. I would expect any machine not to power the magnet if its in fault, To stop people putting more tokens in to an unplayable machine.
    Are there any leds on the mother board that change staus when you run a coin through the mech? Hold the lever in place to substitue the magnet for testing. Or take note of what LEDS are on. Turn off the mains. Unplug the coin mech, then turn the power back on and see if any have changed status or it doesn't go straight into fault when disconnected. Safer to do it with the machine switched off than on
    Hello,
    Not wanting to hijack but have the same frustrating problem on a Aruze Duel Dragon. New here posting, please forgive my manners.
    We always get CJ Error, or coin jam.
    We have cleaned the optics (3 of them) on our M-4 coin mechanism so many times its insanely torturous especially with that siren going off during resets.
    Checked the hopper, lubed and is not jammed. Checked all the connections to boards, doors, wire pinches, and more, no luck.
    Searched these boards for weeks and just can't find answer.

We suspect the first optic that is spring activated only because there is no LED on Mother board lighting up when manually changed unlike the other two that will light up a LED. Our camera proved the optic was working, but for the price, maybe was weak. But no, a new one did not work (but does show up with a camera) The other (2) are okay and do light up a LED.
    We purchased a couple new from Mouser Elect. for about $10 including shipping. Our camera said IR was okay, but the voltage change does not seem right. We did get a little under 5 volts going to it. Magnet levers just will not engage on any reset. The magnet does not receive any volts (after reset or otherwise), but has 300 ohms resistance which maybe is okay.

* This may help some of you if you have the same or similar M-4 coin Mechanism optic, was able to order exact and only took a few days (found a # 73 marked on ours) at GP1A073LCS Sharp Microelectronics | Mouser

To my questions,
    On a M-4 coin mech. or perhaps similar, shouldn't the first spring arm into a good optic make one of the LEDs light up when activated?
    We think it should as everything else seems to.
    If so does anyone know what LED # on a Duel Dragon it would be, or better yet, does someone know what we could try or test next?
    Thanks
    JP

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Originally Posted by wwiaftmThank you so much. I spliced in the coin sensor from the working one a it fired right up. So thank you thank you thank you. Next question is where do I buy the sensor? Or a whole coin mech?

Quote Originally Posted by new in town View Post
    I will send off a few E mails and see if I can find one. . .
    Got a reponse back. "None Available".
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos