Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hello, New to the Hobby- Got My First Pachinko Machine! A few Pics, A few ?'s...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Hello, New to the Hobby- Got My First Pachinko Machine! A few Pics, A few ?'s...

Hi all,

I come from the pinball world but very recently got my first and only Pachinko machine. Its definaley different, and surprising addicting and certainly has a cool factor to it!

It was actually given to me so I don't really know much about it... I think I understand the basics ...and well here are some pics!

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to Pincade

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hello, New to the Hobby- Got My First Pachinko Machine! A few Pics, A few ?'

I understand you have to fill up the back with some balls for the jackpot.

The top tray is for loading balls to shoot & the bottom is your 'cashout' of balls. Get the ball in the slot machine hole and it spins the reels hoping for a bonus and big payout.

But what do these buttons do?

And finally the knob used to launch the balls only works some of the times. I turn the knob and usually nothing happens, I have to keep turning it right to try and activate and then back to home position. Turn it to the right then back to left and usually 4/10 times the knowb will work properly and start shooting out balls.

Is this a common problem with an common fix?

Thanks all, hopefully I can leanr to do easy fixes and get into this hobby a little more.

I thought these could all be wall mounted but guess I need a cabinet for that?

Thanks and Hello!

4. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Pincade

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hello, New to the Hobby- Got My First Pachinko Machine! A few Pics, A few ?'

Welcome Aboard

Nice looking Sankyo you got there.
    Don't worry about the buttons on the front. These only work if the machine is connected up to the parlour ball loan system. You use them to buy balls off a smart card. There is a system that can be used at home made by one of the members here. It's a must if you wall mount your machine or box in the back.

As for the shooter. Make sure your fingers are touching the metal ring behind the shooter. These machines require a ground signal through the shooter to work.

Give that a try
    Ian #UKPachinko

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk and to the Pachinko hobby!!

My first modern machine was the very same one - it's call Seven Flash and was sold in 2000. Here is a link to the discussion thread I started after I bought my machine. There is a lot of great info in there from the Pachinko community: Need your opinion on this Pachi

Again, welcome to PachiTalk! We are thrilled to have you as a new member!

~Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

​Welcome to PachiTalk!
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

great looking machine...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the Welcomes all!

Appreciate it and hope to be able to contribute to this forum as much as possible as I am sure I will be gaining alot here and have already!

Well I'll just log my experiences with pics since everyone like pics right!?

First off, I bet it was the ground issue the whole time like Drunkenclam said...wish I would have read that before I started dissasembling lol!
    and thanks for that link Jacksje4! I will look at it when I get the chance and awesome that this title was your first pachinko as well!!!

At least I have a much better understanding of how the ball shooting mech works. I was trying to figure out what activated the ball shooting mech as I thought it was activated by the actual turning of the knob which turns the smaller gear , thus turning the larger gear...couldn't figure out how turninng the gears would trigger the motor to spin because I did not see any mechanical switch and no optos to activate the motor.

But then I remembered this wire leading to the knob:

Well after more dissasembling (I am a sucker for punishment after all) :

I finally found the switch I had been looking for. I know everything works mechanically as I plugged everything in dissasembled and the ball shooter was shooting away, Interestingly enought it shoots with the switch open and stopes when the switch is closed. ANd there is that ground screw connected to the metal ring lol! Maybe that was it the whole time!

ANyways Have to put this thing back together again but going to take a break for some TurkeY (our dinner!)

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone really do appreciate it as I'm on a new forum and the new kid in school!

Happy Thanksgiving if you live in the States and thanks for all the help, will be seeing more of you on the forums!

-All the Best
    -Pincade

14. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Pincade

Thanks
    Thanks Received

!!! Welcome !!!

16. The following user says "Thanks" to DrDark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk!!!

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Shadowseer_Kim

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

20. The following user says "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to pachitalk! and Happy Thanksgiving!

22. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a link to a manual for that Sankyo frame.PachiTalk Research Center - Machine Manuals - Sankyo General - PachiTalk

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Hello, New to the Hobby- Got My First Pachinko Machine! A few Pics, A few ?'

Welcome to PachiTalk Pincade!!

Thank you for all the great pics, yes we do like pics , but they are also very useful to help with identifying models and explaining any problems or queries.

Glad to see that you have your model identified already and your issue with the shooter was most likely just needing a good contact with the grounding ring, some machines seem to require more contact than others, I have a few machines that i have to really make sure my whole hand is in good contact.

Congratulations on your first pachinko and thank you for introducing yourself, please do feel free to post and join in with any of the forums here, this is a very friendly community and the members will make you very welcome

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

26. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the warm welcomes all! It is appreciated!

Thanks for that link to the manual as well Wayne, I will be reading that!

All is well with the machine shoooting the balls yes it definatley was the grounding ring (not that it was broken, it was more that I didn't know how to use it lol! Sort of like knowing how to use the sea shells in demolition man i guess )

Thanks for welcoming a beginner!

28. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Pincade

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The little stop button on the shooter is very handy. It you find a sweet spot which fires the balls (mostly) where you want them. You can stop the shooter without moving the knob.

Just wait till you get 777 and the little trap doors opens. Prepare for fever

Ian #UKPachinko

30. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

32. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Some of my machines require you to make contact with the grounding ring. I tapped into the ground wire and grounded it to a screw on the machine. Now you don't even have to touch the grounding ring for the shooter to work.

Ground for shooter.jpg

34. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am really liking this knob withthe metal ring to activate. Kinda neat to lift your finger to pause and put down to activate. Allows you to shoot single balls if you fell the need!

And that's what that little stop button is for, like it!

I don't think the bulbs themselves are burnt but the left side inserts (shown by arrows) used to ligt up but today they are out. The right side has always been out but I assume should have light. Since it's not so simple to check the bulbs from the back and I can;t follow the wires of the bulb, is there anywhere I should look to get the ligths working? Is there a light fuse perhaps?

Other than thiat, wife is liking the machine as well. It is kinda addicting and I am still waiting for the reels to lineup for the big frenzy!

Thanks aagain for the welcomes!

36. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Pincade

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The lights are accessed by opening the top part of the door. If you have a key, put it in the door lock and turn it to the left. Or there is a lever you can access from the back of the machine that will also open it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a picture of the lever and the upper door open to access the light bulbs.

Lights 002.jpgLights 001.jpg

39. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast