Thread: Sankyo Flying Carpet - Newb Needs help/machine info/advice on repairs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Sankyo Flying Carpet - Newb Needs help/machine info/advice on repairs

I successfully fixed my non-electronic Nishijin Super Deluxe Battle of the Monkey and Crab pachinko about 2 years ago and have really wanted to have a modern machine ever since then. I found a non-working Sankyo Flying Carpet Machine at a pawn shop, which appeared to need minor repairs and reeked of an old bottle of cheap cologne that was spilled on it pretty recently.

Machine Information Questions from Me:

####A. Does anyone know the date the machine was made and used?
    ####B. Are there any English language repair and maintenance videos or books on how to take care of my machine?
    ####C. What would one of these cost when I have totally fixed it? Was an investment of $63 + a small trade-in to a local pawn shop worth it if I resell this??
    ####D. Are there any other places where I can also get information? I tried Pachinko Man, but he was nice and stated he only works with vintage models (IE non-electronic versions).

These are the main problems I am facing or have tried to fix:

1. ball launching motor did not work (it was not plugged in initially and still does not always work when the handle is turned)
    **********could this mean time for a new ball launching motor? I know almost nothing on soldering.
    **********how much would a replacement motor cost & how much would it cost me to repair this on my own?

2. The ball path to the losing bucket was rerouted to the overflow tray by breaking it off from the inside (I fixed this with a drill, chisel, and hot glue)

3. The Flying Carpet Genie and the sliding "V" trough do not move - the display motor does not appear to use all the gears other than to open the swords.
    *****************could this mean I simply need to open the gear box and reattach some gears that may have slipped?
    ********* what would be the cost of replacing this motor?

4. The pachinko was Jerry-rigged into a cheap plywood frame by wedging it into place with 2 old wood shims glued to the bottom of the pachinko's wooden bottom as feet from a staircase step. This machine is front heavy and falls forward if opened. (I have tried to fix this by drilling wood screws from the case to 1/2 inch into the wooden frame of the machine on all 4 sides, but it is still front heavy and I need to know what weights can be suggested)

5. There are 1-2 wires that appear to connect to nothing, but I know they have a purpose:
    ***********One wire is a bright green wire coming from the top left of the machine's back, down alongside the side of the door towards the base of the machine (what is this for and how do I replace it)

***********The other wire appears to connect to the "GO" green light to say the machine is ready to use on the jackpot, but I am not sure what It connects to

6. What do "7 & 13" Mean?
    *******The digital display below the flying carpet ball catcher only shows 2 "0"s and the front of the machine says there is a new number for each play---> what does that mean?

7. There is a dark blue digital display looking plastic square at the bottom left of the front screen in the play area - what does this do and where does it attach?

8. The only winning ball holes that appear to cause the machine to play sounds or flash lights are the "Chance Zone" 1x, 2x, 1x cups at the very bottom of the play area. Are other areas supposed to make the machine also make lights and sound or are these it? Also, how would I make the lights and sounds work for the other holes?

*******The back computer case is still sealed in its original wrapper with japanese stamp seal on it and has all wires that need to connect to it seeming to be properly connected.

9. There is what appears to be a volume switch on the back of the upper ball tray where the balls are dispensed into the launcher, but it is written in Japanese. What does that switch do?

10. Are there any other switches that I am overlooking for running & maintaining the machine that I do not know about?

Thanks again for any advice one can give this newb! --John

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Cheverisi