Thread: I'm in the process of making my own transformation of a Pachislo into a LA Slots

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default I'm in the process of making my own transformation of a Pachislo into a LA Slots

I am in the process of making my very own Las Vegas Slot machine out of a Pachislo. I will share photos when its all complete.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to prayerny1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: I'm in the process of making my own transformation of a Pachislo into a LA S

I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: I'm in the process of making my own transformation of a Pachislo into a LA S

You got it

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IGT S2000 HANDLE BOX ASSEMBLY | eBay

These make for GREAT slot arms, usually wire right up. Just be SURE to remove/disable the lockout solenoid.
    Last edited by njmatt; 08-10-2012 at 02:18 AM.
    Have a nice day

6. The following user says "Thanks" to njmatt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looked up sellers other items, seems this is a real slot machine handle...for modern slot machines. Real slot machine handles wind up a clock and start a series of mechanical events, sadly those days are gone. As far as quality, they should be extremely good. If you want to put a handle on tour pachi. The price is right. If I could incorporate a switch so that it would max bet as the handle was pulled, I might put one on my Lucky Cherry.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Looked up sellers other items, seems this is a real slot machine handle...for modern slot machines. Real slot machine handles wind up a clock and start a series of mechanical events, sadly those days are gone. As far as quality, they should be extremely good. If you want to put a handle on tour pachi. The price is right. If I could incorporate a switch so that it would max bet as the handle was pulled, I might put one on my Lucky Cherry.
    No. I own one of these exact models. I have it installed in my "Mr. Magic" pachi. It has 3 basic elements:

A lockout solenoid - It is a magnetic pin that will not allow the handle to be pulled unless it gets power. The machine itself has to tell the solenoid that a coin has been inserted. These should be removed/disabled when installed in a pachi , for a few reasons. The first being it is hard (unless you know a bit about electronics/schematics) to find the switched power for it. The second is more a safety issue. When the lockout is engaged , and if someone pulls the handle , you can pull the whole pachi right on top of you since they lack the weight of a LV machine.

A ratcheting system - This is what makes the "tick tick tick" noise when the handle is pulled towards you. It actually serves a purpose. In the old mechanical machines it literally "wound up" the mechanical system. In current machines it simply allows only 1 way travel till the handle reaches the microswitch. At that point , it goes only 1 way in the opposite direction.

A microswitch - This is actually the SAME exact switch that is in your pachi play handle. It needs to be simply spliced inline with the wires coming out of the pachi play handle. If you leave them both hooked up , either will work. When the ratcheting system reaches its apex , it pops out a "pin thingy" (technical term...hehe) and taps the switch.

As a side note, knowing the insides of these things... I don't see why you couldn't install a max bet switch.
    Last edited by njmatt; 08-10-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    Have a nice day

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a link to the s2000 mechanical parts guide.
    http://www.slottechforum.com/slotinf...tems/S2000.pdf
    The last two pages are for the slot arm. It looks likes like a mess of stuff, but it is the exploded view. You can see the solenoid as fig# 47 and the play switch at fig# 5
    Have a nice day

10. The following user says "Thanks" to njmatt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is exactly what I was saying, a real handle for a modern slot machine. Therefore it is not a cheap knockoff by someone selling junk for profit.