Thread: E0 Error on Playboy Yamasa 2007, Noob here

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy E0 Error on Playboy Yamasa 2007, Noob here

Now I have a problem with my Playboy machine showing E0 error. I have tried full reset many times but the problem is still there. Well, sometimes E0 occurs when I put couple tokens, but sometimes right after doing the reset.

According to the E0 code, I know exactly that it is a "Token Slot is jammed" error. But after I have studied and researched the trouble shootings, I would like to start with cleaning the sensor and checking the wires.

So, I need you guys help here. At least to guide me how to disassemble the sensor parts as I'm a totally noob here.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: E0 Error on Playboy Yamasa 2007, Noob here

Welcome to PachiTalk ! ! !

Play Boy has 3 token sensors. When a Token is inserted you should see LED's L, N and M Flash on the Main Motherboard. You will see L flash then N and M very quickly. Your Problem may not bee the Token Acceptor Sensors but some of the Tokens you are using. Are they all the same or different kinds?

Do any of them have a Cherry symbol on them? If so gather these up, power on the Machine and try just inserting these. Did the Machine throw an E0 Error? If so get rid of these Tokens for use in Play Boy.

Sent you a PM with more contact info.

NIT...
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't think it's about the tokens since now my Playboy machine is always showing E0 once power on regardless of doing the full reset.

Speaking of the sensor, I thought it has 2 sensors as someone mentioned the replacing part in other thread? Anyway, I think I should follow your advice from now on.

I tried to clean the opto sensor by using Q-Tip and a bit of lenses cleaner, then a gas pump for camera. After that, I did another full reset but still no luck. I checked the wired and they look alright. So I'm blinded for what I should do next. How can I check if I wanna make sure that my opto sensor is bad?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IMG_4844.jpgIMG_4847.jpg
    Pictures after cleaning up. The opto sensors look clean.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just sent you an E Mail.

First off This is for you and All other Members that own this Pachi. : (The CORRECT Legend)

Here is the Legend for all of the LED's on the Motherboard:

A - Small black slide switch on inner door PC Board. On when switch is left, off when switch is right. Mine is set to left. Have not tried it to the right yet. May be for dumping "Banked" Credits after a Big Win Round finishes.
    B - White round button on left side of inner door PC Board. On when pressed.
    C - On when inner key is turned on (left)
    D - When two probes are connected on back lower wall right of the Hopper LED will come on. (Overflow signal)
    E - On when Credit dump button under Token Slot is pushed.
    F - Off when Door is open. Sensor is at lower 3rd section on right side cabinet frame. Black vertical rectangle sensor with red, green, green wires connected to it. If you place a finger on the left side of the sensor the "F" LED will come on and a few seconds later the light will come on at the upper door display.
    G - On when one bet button is pressed.
    H - On when MAX Bet button is pressed.
    I - Left Stop Button. On when pressed.
    J - Middle Stop Button. On when pressed.
    K - Right Stop Button. On when pressed.
    N L M - Token sensors 1 2 and 3. Flash when a Token is inserted.
    O - Spin Knob. On when pressed.
    P - On when outer door key is turned to the left.
    Q R S - Flash as the reels are spinning.
    T and U - Flash as the Hopper is spitting out Tokens.

Even with an Error set, if you insert a Token LED's L N and M should flash as the Token passes the sensors. With the Error yelling "Emergency Error" only "N" will flash and the Token will fall into the lower Token tray outside of the machine. If you press and hold in the metal tab that the Magnet pulls in on the Token Acceptor and pass another Token all three LED's N L and M should Flash. If any are "ON" steady then there is a sensor problem. They should only Flash as a Token Passes through them.

Make note of the E Mail I sent you. I listed the Sensor LED's as L N M. It should read N L M.

N - First Sensor
    L - Second Sensor
    M - Third Sensor

Also I sent you :

C - On when inner key is turned on (right). That (right) should be (left)

Let us know what you find out.

NIT. . .
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Attachment 58193
    I followed your advices and I think I found it !

The LED N - First Sensor is always flash and ON steady. No other LEDs on the mainboard will flash when turn on the machine.L and M seem working alright as they will only flash when the token pass through. But again, N will always flash even I tried pressing and held in the metal tab, then tried put token through all three sensors.

If the first sensor is bad, I guess I have to replace it but is it the one in the blue circle as shown in the picture? If yes, please guide me where to order it and what model.

Brian, you are the man. I'm glad there will always be someone out there helping people out of the problem.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just sent you an e mail. Hang in there. We will do our BEST to figure this out...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just sent you an e mail. Hang in there. We will do our BEST to figure this out...

Forgot to ask you in the e mail. Where are you located? In the USA or overseas? If you do not want to post here please PM or e mail me back.

Also please post a picture of you Playboy. I know it is a 2007 model but there were two models made that year. One uses smaller Tokens and the other uses the 30 Pai (larger) Tokens.
    Last edited by new in town; 08-09-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by new in town View Post

Forgot to ask you in the e mail. Where are you located? In the USA or overseas? If you do not want to post here please PM or e mail me back.

Also please post a picture of you Playboy. I know it is a 2007 model but there were two models made that year. One uses smaller Tokens and the other uses the 30 Pai (larger) Tokens.
    http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/8...498size640.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by new in town View Post

I got it working !

It was exactly the first sensor. I was stuck because of the dust (I guess). So I cleaned and lubed it a bit using lenses cleaner and now it's working as LED N will never show up again.

I'm so glad I can fix my machine and now I feeling learning it ! So a big thank to you, Brian.

Lastly, I wonder what the switch in the picture do? I can't tell the different whether it's set on the left or right.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you can post a clear shot of the writing above the switch I am sure someone here on the Forum can translate it. I will try to take a Pic of mine tomorrow.

Good to hear you got it back up and running.

For all out there on Play Boy, sensors 2 and 3 are fixed sensors on a PC Board the Token passes through directly. The first
    sensor actually has a tab that is inserted into it when a Token slides past a notch. Pushing on this notch places the tab into
    the sensor. This "See / Saw" device was stuck with the tab staying in the sensor causing the LED N to allways stay on and
    throw the E0 error.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are the Pic's of the Switch. Had to take the plastic cover off to get a clear Shot of the writing.

100_3054 web.jpg 100_3055 Web.jpg

If a higher Res picture is needed Please PM me your e mail address. The higher Res Pictures blow up much better as they are
    960 KB files. The very left symbol may not be able to be read with the pictures posted. (Attached Thumbnail is the best Pic)

Me thinks this is the Payout Switch to either hold or Pay Out credits after a Big Win due to the fact that there are none on the
    Power Supply.

Spoiler
    Attached Images Attached Images

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh Mighty

Please "Chime" in and give us an answer . . .

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's says

解除 SW1 打止

Release SW1 Stop Play
    Ian #UKPachinko

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    It's says

解除 SW1 打止

Release SW1 Stop Play
    I still don't get it

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think NIT is probably right..

Me thinks this is the Payout Switch to either hold or Pay Out credits after a Big Win due to the fact that there are none on the
    Power Supply.
    There are usually 2 switches..one that makes the machine pay out all credits after a bonus round is over and one that makes it so the machine needs to be reset after a bonus..so its probably one of those..

If your machine does something odd after a big bonus then you could try flipping that switch!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

22. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My Play Boy had the switch set to the left and did not spit out the remaining Tokens at the end of a Bonus Rounnd. I set it to the right. Will report back after the next Bonus Round. Set the Payout to highest level to get the Quickest Results.

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

With that switch set to left, I confirm that the machine must be reset after a bonus round (as I got an all black 777 last night). The LED will also light up on the mainboard.

I then set it back to the right.

Thank a lot guys.

26. The following user says "Thanks" to hiakungfu