Thread: I FINALLY got me one! Yaaay! Jumping up and down

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: I FINALLY got me one! Yaaay! (Jumping up and down)

All the playfield touch up is completed. My hand and eyes are not good enough to do the black borders so my 17yr old daughter was kind enough to help. She's really very much into art and was happy to help. I was surprised that she asked to be the first one to play the machine. It's the first spark of interest in any of my "arcade" things like pachinko, pachislo or pinball. It's a good sign.

I think the playfield looks 120% better than before, although it looks touched up. See the completed photo below. I hope to get some Varathane for the clear coat in a week or so. I have all the sub-assemblies ready: the lightbox is reassembled, bottom relay board done, chimes unit cleaned/fixed, front door stripped, cleaned and reassembled and the playfield underside gone over. Once I get the Varathane and have it applied and dry it should only be a matter of repopulating the playfield with parts.

I will someday make some stencils and re-spray the entire cabinet and light box but probably later this summer.

If anyone is interested, these are the colors I used in Liquitex Acrylic paint, heavy body:
    Blue=Cobalt Blue Hue
    White=Titanium White
    Red=Cadmium Medium Red Hue
    Yellow1=Cadmium Yellow Deep Hue
    Yellow2=Cadmium Yellow White
    Black=Ivory Black

These are my mixing formulas:

The blue did not need mixing. The color was an extremely close match.

The red needed to be orange. I added just a dab of yellow.

The white in the tube is too pure. I added a touch of black to tone it down and when it was still a slight shade too light I added the Cadmium Yellow Deep Hue, just a slight amount.

The yellow is really bright, almost day-glow with an ever so slight green hue. I used the Cadmium Yellow Light with a little black in it, then a very slight bit of blue. I had to toss out 3 batches of the mixture because I added too much of another color before I came close to the original hue. The color ended up just a slight bit too greenish but it still looked OK so I went with it.

The black on the playfield is just... well, black.

I needed this to be done by the end of this week, and I made my goal.

6-All painting done .jpg6-All painting done Details 1.JPG.jpgLightbox.jpg
    If you enjoy my pachinko, pinball and pachislo YouTube videos, please "like" them at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SirSteveFury

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to SteveFury