Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Spin Luck for $40

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Spin Luck for $40

Quote Originally Posted by 01PyTypeR#1140 View Post
    250 euro looks like a deal to me but make him an offer already!
    it's actually £250 GBP which currently equates to around 314 Euros

and we are aware of your pachinko hostility, so would you please refrain from calling them names
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I like both Pachinko and Pachislo for different reasons. I've played a Spin Luck and it's ok but nothing
    I'd get worked up about. It's fun for sure but so are many Pachislo's as well as Pachinko's.
    Calling Pachinko's, Pastinko isn't really called for IMO.
    Demanding to see Life's Manager....

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Steve Cebu

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is a picture of the lock to open my machine (front and back)

2012-05-16_08-04-45_428.jpg2012-05-16_08-05-13_967.jpg
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cebu View Post
    I like both Pachinko and Pachislo for different reasons. I've played a Spin Luck and it's ok but nothing
    I'd get worked up about. It's fun for sure but so are many Pachislo's as well as Pachinko's.
    Calling Pachinko's, Pastinko isn't really called for IMO.
    I speak from my personal experience. I started collecting Pachislos and after a dozen or so, I decided to give a few highly rated Pachinkos a try from all the hype that Pachitalk had created. I went through fevers with my Pachinkos but they just didn't do it for me so after awhile I traded them and went on to add another dozen Pachislos to my collection. Pachinkos aren't for everyone and they're with out a doubt not for me.
    PACHISLO: POPEYE, SONIC LIVE, DRAGON DICE, RIO DE CARNIVAL, MU MU WORLD DX, KING CAMEL, SPIN LUCK, SUPER BLACKJACK, BETTY BOOP, SINDBAD ADVENTURE, TOP GUN, DEATH VALLEY, NEO ZETZ, YOSHIMUNE (x2), OSU BANCHO, SECRET TREASURE, DANCE MAN & BANG BANG DASH.

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to 01PyTypeR#1140

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I understand completely. Everyone has different tastes. I am just starting to really learn my preferences in both pachislo and pachinko machines. The only way for me to truly learn this was to own examples of the different machines and play them. I have to admit my preference is pachinko. Although, I am finding myself leaning to the more modern machines. I like machines that incorporate some degree of strategy and scoring. Hence my leaning to the arrangeball and computer pachinko machines. From an appearance stand point I think the vintage machines can be absolutely beautiful. As much art as they are a game.

One of the things that has made me enjoy this site so much is how supportive everyone is. I used to collect old video game systems and inevitably every forum I would join was just a bunch of people bashing each other's taste in machines. People who owned Nintendo machines would bash those that collected Sony etc. Rather than the sites being helpful or supportive and open-minded to everyone's tastes. It seemed like an never ending war as to what system was the best. Honestly, I grew very tired of it and that is probably one of the contributing factors in my getting out of the hobby.

I would hate to see something like that start up here. Pachislo and Pachinko machines are both a lot of fun but I am sure they are not to everyone's liking. Still there is no reason to give someone a hard time for pursuing their interests. Comments like "Pastinko" really should not have a place here.

Just my two cents worth.

9. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well said, Card Shark!! I couldn't agree with you more.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

11. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great deal! I bet you were a bit worried all the way there !

13. The following user says "Thanks" to rockston

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's what I was pointing out. There is room for people who like Pachislo and Pachinko without resorting to name calling.
    I like both, I prefer pachinko over pachislo but I have both and like what I have.
    As Card Shark pointed out there are too many forums that are just endless arguements about which is best.
    I'd also hate to see this forum become like that.

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Steve Cebu

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As long as hanabi is armed with her blaster, I don't think anyone has to worry about this forum turning into test of egos.

(A word to anyone who is new here: hanabi is a very sweet person and a great moderator, however you don't ever want to cross the line and get on her bad side. )
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

17. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rockston View Post
    Great deal! I bet you were a bit worried all the way there !
    Absolutely I was. Three hours of wondering if he would get another call or would look up the machine etc. He did tell me that once I let him know I was on the road he would remove the ad.

============================================================ ========================

Now for a couple of questions:

I would love any and all advice/ suggestions on solving the missing exterior key. I can get in the machine but it is a pain right now. I thought of doing the mod I saw on this site which essentially was running a line to the lock that can be pulled from the top to open the machine. I would rather, with this being a Spin Luck, keep everything as original as possible though.

This brings me to the only other problem I have found with the machine. The coin slot mechanism is missing a piece. Not sure how to describe it except to say that it is a hinged, spring loaded flap that helps the coin down the shoot to where it is registered as a credit. Below I am posting pictures of the front and back of the lock and of the coin mechanism I took out of the machine. There are also shots of the coin mechanism from my other Pachislo that I removed for comparison purposes. Unfortunately they are not an exact match for me to be able to swap the part.

2012-05-16_08-04-45_428.jpg2012-05-16_08-05-13_967.jpg2012-05-16_08-05-57_61.jpg2012-05-16_08-06-08_454.jpg2012-05-16_08-06-17_92.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

any IGT pachislo lock assembly and the coin slot piece should fit, you need to find someone with an IGT parts machine
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

20. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Paul. I posted a new thread about the parts. I think I could make a piece that would correct the coin chute issue. The lock also wouldn't be too difficult to work out, I would just prefer to keep everything as original as possible. The good news is other than some dust and dirt to clean, the machine seems complete and works well.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i bought a lock and key from gaku.. but i have heard hes not selling them.. but it might be worth a try and see if he has one??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    I understand completely. Everyone has different tastes. I am just starting to really learn my preferences in both pachislo and pachinko machines. The only way for me to truly learn this was to own examples of the different machines and play them. I have to admit my preference is pachinko. Although, I am finding myself leaning to the more modern machines. I like machines that incorporate some degree of strategy and scoring. Hence my leaning to the arrangeball and computer pachinko machines. From an appearance stand point I think the vintage machines can be absolutely beautiful. As much art as they are a game.

One of the things that has made me enjoy this site so much is how supportive everyone is. I used to collect old video game systems and inevitably every forum I would join was just a bunch of people bashing each other's taste in machines. People who owned Nintendo machines would bash those that collected Sony etc. Rather than the sites being helpful or supportive and open-minded to everyone's tastes. It seemed like an never ending war as to what system was the best. Honestly, I grew very tired of it and that is probably one of the contributing factors in my getting out of the hobby.

I would hate to see something like that start up here. Pachislo and Pachinko machines are both a lot of fun but I am sure they are not to everyone's liking. Still there is no reason to give someone a hard time for pursuing their interests. Comments like "Pastinko" really should not have a place here.

Just my two cents worth.
    I can understand where you are coming from but on the other side of the coin, I spent over $1000.00 on what Pachitalk in general promoted as higher rated Pachinkos. Because there wasn't any diversity in Opinion in any fashion that I could find, I jumped in with two feet. I learned the hard way that Pachinkos IMO are in the try it before you buy it category. Does Pachinko have a following? Of coarse, but it's not for everyone. This site as awesome as it is, with the class of people that one wants to surround themselves with seem to hold Pachinkos on a high pedestal, higher than Pachislos anyway. If I make my stance clear, yes to the point of calling Pachinko Pastinko, I raise an eyebrow on all of those Pachislo fans but Pachinko Virgins, then so be it. Someone has to say try it before you buy it. I make that clear in not so many words. I'm just the person for the task.
    PACHISLO: POPEYE, SONIC LIVE, DRAGON DICE, RIO DE CARNIVAL, MU MU WORLD DX, KING CAMEL, SPIN LUCK, SUPER BLACKJACK, BETTY BOOP, SINDBAD ADVENTURE, TOP GUN, DEATH VALLEY, NEO ZETZ, YOSHIMUNE (x2), OSU BANCHO, SECRET TREASURE, DANCE MAN & BANG BANG DASH.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't think you get it. The fact that you prefer skill stop machines over pachinko machines is not the
    problem. To each their own, but to phrase things the way you do is inflammatory.
    Some people dislike pachislo's but you don't hear them making neg comments about them.

You are trying to stir the pot and this is my last post to you on the subject. I was so happy that
    this forum was friendly and supportive unlike most other forums.
    I hope the moderators don't allow you to change that.

26. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Steve Cebu

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cebu View Post
    I don't think you get it. The fact that you prefer skill stop machines over pachinko machines is not the
    problem. To each their own, but to phrase things the way you do is inflammatory.
    Some people dislike pachislo's but you don't hear them making neg comments about them.

You are trying to stir the pot and this is my last post to you on the subject. I was so happy that
    this forum was friendly and supportive unlike most other forums.
    I hope the moderators don't allow you to change that.
    Stir the pot, no. I've been known to express my opinions and I get groaned for it here and there. As far as the mods go, they do sensor me from time to time so yes it would seem they have your line of thinking, no big deal. inflammatory? smh, wow...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well folks, I think both sides have made their points and exercised their right to freedom of speech. If this discussion needs to continue, the I suggest a new thread be created in another forum.

Now, let's return this thread to the topic at hand, Card Shark's recent Spin Luck purchase. Agreed?
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

29. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JACKSJE4 View Post
    Well folks, I think both sides have made their points and exercised their right to freedom of speech. If this discussion needs to continue, the I suggest a new thread be created in another forum.

Now, let's return this thread to the topic at hand, Card Shark's recent Spin Luck purchase. Agreed?
    Thank you.

31. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Back to the MEAT and POE TATE OSSSS . . .

I asked about the type of lock because I had keys made for my Spin Luck. But mine has the Flat Key. I will Contact My "Contact" and see if he has a lock and key assembly available. Does it have to be the Tube Lock or will an IGT flat key lock work for you? Will let you know what I find out and if it's available, the cost.

Also. If you could do W/O the lock for a bit you can send it to me. If either my Harley or Dragon Dice keys fit it (both are keyed different) the Local Locksmith who made me the flat keys also does tube keys. It is eaiser and "Cheaper" to have a key made from a key Vice the lock itself. Might want to try this route before finding another Lock assembly.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

33. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you so much for the help. I will try and remove the lock assembly tonight when I get home. I really do not have a preference of it being flat or tube. I would like to keep it IGT if possible but that is not non-negotiable.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast