Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Taiyo Apollo - need some guidance

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Taiyo Apollo - need some guidance

Hello all - I just recently picked up (what I felt was) a bargain at a garage sale - a Taiyo Apollo for $75 that was complete and fully working...I think. This is a little different than the other machines I own so I'm unfamiliar with the rules. There is a scoring pocket labeled '3' on the upper right side that doesn't appear to do anything on my machine when I hit it. Does this only work during certain phases of the game? I tried searching here & the web - all I found was a Japanese advertisement vid that showed the pocket working and affecting a ramp near it, I just don't know how they got it to work. Would appreciate if someone who owns the game can give me some feedback. If it turns out to be a technical issue and not just part of how the gameplay works I'll move it to the proper forum. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Taiyo Apollo - need some guidance

Congrats on your new game!!! Do you have any pictures you could post? I think that will help.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello

does your Apollo look like this one??

2004Jan Apollo1 full machine

if so, then it's an Arepachi type machine, and has a more involved gameplay than usual modern pachinkos

but first we need to know if this is your machine

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pics would be Great
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

are you sure that pocket isn't banking spins??
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi yes - sorry I was posting from my phone at work so I had to wait to get home if you need pictures - but the machine you have pictured is exactly the one I have. The pocket labeled # 1 spins the 2 digit 'reel' in the middle, pocket # 2 is the tulip at the top which I've gotten to open during what I presume is part of the bonus. But I've sent 100 balls through pocket # 3 which would be on the upper right side of the playfield according to your picture there, and not a thing has happened. I even took part of the playfield apart and traced the wiring to the back to make sure there were no breaks in the wiring or loose plugs.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hanabi has the correct machine - also seen here and in this youtube vidApollo Taiyo.jpg:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBWeN4Px6gI

The part of the scoring that is confusing me would be the little spaceship just to the right of the slot reels. Not sure if it is only works during part of the game that I have not achieved yet, or if it is malfunctioning. I would post pics of my actual machine and if you need them will probably have to wait until tomorrow when my @%@!!! camera starts working again.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's part of the fun to work out the sequence - and Compirate's link gives you some pretty strong hints.

Forget about the japanese text - concentrate on the 1/2/3 pics.

Also, take note of the 'x' hole that lights during a particular sequence - looks like you do NOT want to go in that top tulip during this phase.

Further, the final sequence (see Page 2 of the link page) is something called a 'God Chance' - sounds ominous, and important for your Jackpot sequence.

for a good laugh, you can run both pages through Google Translate and try and make head or tail of it all ...
    There is always another machine around the corner...

15. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That link does help a little - thank you both for pointing it out. I'm sure with time I'll figure it out. I was just concerned that something was not working right with the machine.

I've tried that Google translate before on Japanese text - and let me tell you: it is a very much occurence, optional wind of doubt, commentary inside the jar! (at least that's what Google translate says)

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to number42

Thanks
    Thanks Received

LOVE Google translate...not for the "useful" information it provides...but for the "big laugh" it always gives me!

19. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Haha!! yes...

The video is actually the best clue for you - ignore the cutsey Japanese voices and just watch what they are doing. They actually play the machine step by step if you watch closely.

cheers
    There is always another machine around the corner...

21. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Haha - success!
    After following your advice and re-watching the video a couple of times, I went down to the basement and fired up the machine. After about a 1/2 hour I had it figured out and made the machine go beserko. Everything definitely works on this; it's very different from what I'm used to and really threw me a curve. Quite a hefty payout - if I was in pachinko parlor, I'd be a very rich man right now

I'll tell you what - I'm not the kind of guy that often finds 'the deals', but picking this up and a 2004 Takao Spiderman for $200.00 at a garage sale with around 1500-2000 balls, both machines fully functional and only needing a cleaning, I feel like I had a very, very good day!

You guys are all great, thanks again.

23. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to number42

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just picked up an Apollo machine and the links above that would explain how the mechanics work doesnt work. Could anyone tell me what are the phases of the game??

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Swingnpanda View Post
    I just picked up an Apollo machine and the links above that would explain how the mechanics work doesnt work. Could anyone tell me what are the phases of the game??
    sorry i cant help ya but wanted to say

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

First you have to spin the “reels” to get 77 or 33, once it hits, then you shoot for the center and IF you are lucky once again and score a ball in the V hole (hanemono like center feature); finally you proceed to shooting at the far right pocket (so gameplay flows left side, center, right side). If you miss your shot at the V hole return to step 1.

During step 1 you want to get 4 in a row (or more) on the bottom as well to score extra balls to keep scoring spins of course.

27. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I appreciate the help! Lastly, would grabbing a card reader from pinballdave provide a more fun/competitive experience?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I appreciate the help! Lastly, would grabbing a card reader from pinballdave provide a more fun/competitive experience?
    card readers are interesting.. if you have a bunch of friends over and are changing machine to machine they could be neatto track winns and losses.. at home one person playing im not sure i see the need..

a dongle is another entirely different subject.. they should be require to provide one with every machine exported..

30. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi I know this is an old post but... I'll give it a shot anyway. You mentioned you picked up a Takao Spiderman game? I have just recently acquired one no manual no experience with these. I have an old Sankyo machine love it and liked this one. My question if you can help is with a code 1 I think it may relate to the tray for balls at the top? I am not sure. Is there a required number of balls that need to be in there to work? Is ther a rest on the machine? If you can help and its not much trouble I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance and have a wonderful day. Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Licketysplitz View Post
    Hi I know this is an old post but... I'll give it a shot anyway. You mentioned you picked up a Takao Spiderman game? I have just recently acquired one no manual no experience with these. I have an old Sankyo machine love it and liked this one. My question if you can help is with a code 1 I think it may relate to the tray for balls at the top? I am not sure. Is there a required number of balls that need to be in there to work? Is ther a rest on the machine? If you can help and its not much trouble I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance and have a wonderful day. Jeff
    Welcome to Pachitalk

your machine should work with as few a a few hundred balls but you will quickly (withing a few seconds) run out of balls.. most vendors sell machines with 500 balls. still not enough.. i recommend at least a 1000 balls.. most machine will hold at least 1000 balls..

fill the back top hopper.. place a hand full or two in the front upper tray and give it a whirl

hope that makes sense

post a fw pics of your machine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast