Thread: 3 Old Pachislo Machines, Trying to mod/get working!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 3 Old Pachislo Machines, Trying to mod/get working!

Hey guys! I've been stalking around the past few days trying to find out answers to a few of the problems I am encountering but I am having no luck. First post, so here goes!

About a month ago I came across 3 Pachislos for really cheap (I'm talking 5 bucks a pop). Now I couldn't pass it up because they looked so cool! I've worked in an arcade for a good 3-4 years and stuff like this just catches my fancy. The downside however is that they are in need of some lovin'. I have gotten all 3 of them to turn on, light up and 2 of 3 play their music. I'll list the machines, their problems and pictures below!

The inside of CC Angel & Lets, Legacy of Tiny Seed, are almost identical, therefore I haven't posted the CC Angel pics.

Universal - King of Carib
    -No coin mech
    -I can hear the speakers click on but no music plays. Maybe it only plays sounds when the slots are running?
    -The two left-most buttons are there but they dont stay in place and are missing their tops.

Macy - Lets, Legacy of Tiny Seed
    -No coin mech
    -No hopper

Macy - CC Angel
    -No coin mech
    -No hopper

I understand these 3 machines are quite old but I am willing to put a good amount of work into them to get them working. I have contacted John at Stealth Home Amusement but unfortunately he does not have any of the parts I need.

I'll list the few questions I have below

1. Is there a way to create a custom coin mech to get these machines to be playable?

2. Does anybody have any knowledge of a free play mode for these older machines?

3. If I get a coin mech or free play working, will the absence of the hopper cause the machine to not work?

4. I know it's a long shot but does anybody have any of these older machines lying around and be willing to sell some of the parts? ^.^

All of the machines have their reels, all circuit boards and connections. It all seems to be working in order. When I turn each machine on, the lights turn on, and the "insert metal" icon flashes. There are a few smaller issues with each machine aesthetic-wise but I would like to fix the major function-type problems first and then go after payout trays & things of that nature.

Thank you so much for the assistance everybody!

-Mitch
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 3 Old Pachislo Machines, Trying to mod/get working!

first things first

Welcome to Pachitalk

second.. im more of a vintage Pachinko guy but i believe your going to be better off looking for new/different machines.. parts are going to be hard to find.. and i think your right without the hoppers there not going to work...

you would have to get all the missing parts to get them working..

well lwt me take that back.. the missing coin mech member/brother "New in Town" can probably get ya a work around for.. but the missing hopper is going to be your down fall..

I home someone come allong and has better news for ya

good luck
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Those are some older models without any frills. Chances are they were pilfered for one of two reasons: They were already not working and someone needed the parts, or they worked but the owner used the parts for more desirable machines.

I think your best bet would be to eventually buy functioning similar models (the Macy's or somewhat common with several models using that same cabinet) and exchange the hoppers/coin mechs to play either machine as some of our members swap cells.
    A Hardy har har...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Moparformances & Meathead. Thank you both for the responses!

That is what I was afraid I was going to hear haha. I'll definitely look into purchasing similar machine types and trying to build a functioning pachi. I'll see if I can't get ahold of "New in Town" and see if he could offer me any advice about the coin mech's.

I appreciate the help guys!!

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Lanoline

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a Macy CC Angel machine, Has hopper and coin mech. But I need the cable and/or board that goes from the logic board at the top to the reel motors and the hopper. This is missing. I should have looked it over closer before I purchased it.

I either want to get it working or I would not be against parting it out.

DS

Quote Originally Posted by Lanoline View Post
    Hey guys! I've been stalking around the past few days trying to find out answers to a few of the problems I am encountering but I am having no luck. First post, so here goes!

About a month ago I came across 3 Pachislos for really cheap (I'm talking 5 bucks a pop). Now I couldn't pass it up because they looked so cool! I've worked in an arcade for a good 3-4 years and stuff like this just catches my fancy. The downside however is that they are in need of some lovin'. I have gotten all 3 of them to turn on, light up and 2 of 3 play their music. I'll list the machines, their problems and pictures below!

The inside of CC Angel & Lets, Legacy of Tiny Seed, are almost identical, therefore I haven't posted the CC Angel pics.

Universal - King of Carib
    -No coin mech
    -I can hear the speakers click on but no music plays. Maybe it only plays sounds when the slots are running?
    -The two left-most buttons are there but they dont stay in place and are missing their tops.

Macy - Lets, Legacy of Tiny Seed
    -No coin mech
    -No hopper

Macy - CC Angel
    -No coin mech
    -No hopper

I understand these 3 machines are quite old but I am willing to put a good amount of work into them to get them working. I have contacted John at Stealth Home Amusement but unfortunately he does not have any of the parts I need.

I'll list the few questions I have below

1. Is there a way to create a custom coin mech to get these machines to be playable?

2. Does anybody have any knowledge of a free play mode for these older machines?

3. If I get a coin mech or free play working, will the absence of the hopper cause the machine to not work?

4. I know it's a long shot but does anybody have any of these older machines lying around and be willing to sell some of the parts? ^.^

All of the machines have their reels, all circuit boards and connections. It all seems to be working in order. When I turn each machine on, the lights turn on, and the "insert metal" icon flashes. There are a few smaller issues with each machine aesthetic-wise but I would like to fix the major function-type problems first and then go after payout trays & things of that nature.

Thank you so much for the assistance everybody!

-Mitch