Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: how would i remove the plastic covers on a nisijin sophia super dx?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default how would i remove the plastic covers on a nisijin sophia super dx?

I have acquired said machine, and wound up doing something incredibly stupid. Balls were getting stuck in the chute behind the tulip and i decided to fish them out with a magnet. now balls and a powerful mini magnet are all stuck in said chute. for the life of me i cannot figure out how these interlocked plastic bits come apart so i can remove the blockages and try to fix whats causing them to stick (and remove the blasted magnet... urrgh im such an idiot)... and cannot seem to find the information i need elsewhere.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

any help at all?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: how would i remove the plastic covers on a nisijin sophia super dx?

You'll need to remove the mechanism from the back of the machine. It's usually help on by staples so be careful not to break the plastic, I use a pair of dikes to remove staples. You may want to mark the screw holes so you can realign it when you put it back on. On the inside of the mechanism, there are 2 - 3 screws holding it together.
    Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.
    http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Be carefull whatever you do as hard to replace some parts
    These are my opinions and no body elses and you can't have them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I use a small drill bit to drill threw the plastic pieces that are in contace with the wood with a small drill bit... I drill threw the plastic and make a small dimple in the wood as a whitness mark.. then once your ready to reinstal the plastic parts you have holes in the plastic to put screws in and small dimples in the wood to start the screws into..

the dimples allow ya the oppertunity to sand the wood a bit and make it look lke new without sanding away any marks left by pen/pencil or other methods..

hate to also state the obvious.. but removing the tulip from the front side, MIGHT be the easy answer.. MIGHT!!
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

First off can you post a close up picture of the area in question. Sometimes you can only remove a few things and then be able to get to it. But like stated above you may need to take the whole back off.

Any questions just ask.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Im not sure a close up would be any more help, as the piece of the cover is the largest one one (the covers are several pieces and the one i need to remove is the on on the bottom that slides under the two brown pieces on the bottom and bottom right respectively or the left and bottom left of the picture.) i would really rather not remove the entire mechanism if possible as it appears the panel SHOULD come off. and the top right corner moves fairly freely after taking out the screws holding it to the panel beneath it. i've almost considered just cutting the panel in two with a dremel just to access it as that doesn't look like it would affect the function of the machine, yet get me access to the tulips chute. but want to find a way of getting around that if i can. i just havea feeling im missing something minor that should be obvious...

Coming in from the front is not an option though, as the magnet is in the very back of the tulip where there is apparently a metal clasp of some sort.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not sure where they are, but there are some youtube vids around of these being stripped down. Besides the staples, look out for small/large nails holding some of the cover pieces on. They will come out with a pair of pliers, but you may need to leverage it up from the bottom to get enough to bite on. Just do it very slowly as with the staples, or you will crack/break the plastic for sure. The hardest staples to get out without breaking something may be around the upper ball hopper. It's thicker plastic and not pliable at all.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

From the description (or the pic) I can't tell where the balls are stuck at. Is it the bottom of the main cover where the balls roll toward the seesaw?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does anybody know what size wood screws are appropriate for the backside??

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    Does anybody know what size wood screws are appropriate for the backside??
    Appropriate

I use 1/2 inch button head wood screws

something like these with a philips head
    http://www.amazon.com/Du-Bro-Button-...2700098&sr=1-2
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by popehentai View Post
    Im not sure a close up would be any more help, as the piece of the cover is the largest one one (the covers are several pieces and the one i need to remove is the on on the bottom that slides under the two brown pieces on the bottom and bottom right respectively or the left and bottom left of the picture.) i would really rather not remove the entire mechanism if possible as it appears the panel SHOULD come off. and the top right corner moves fairly freely after taking out the screws holding it to the panel beneath it. i've almost considered just cutting the panel in two with a dremel just to access it as that doesn't look like it would affect the function of the machine, yet get me access to the tulips chute. but want to find a way of getting around that if i can. i just havea feeling im missing something minor that should be obvious...

Coming in from the front is not an option though, as the magnet is in the very back of the tulip where there is apparently a metal clasp of some sort.
    Only reason I am asking for a pic is to get a better idea of where the jam is.

DON'T use the dremel yet.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I found flat heat #4 x 1/2" on amazon.com as well. Might just go with those. Thanks so much!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    I found flat heat #4 x 1/2" on amazon.com as well. Might just go with those. Thanks so much!
    I prefer philips head screws.. there allot eaiser to put in and take out

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    From the description (or the pic) I can't tell where the balls are stuck at. Is it the bottom of the main cover where the balls roll toward the seesaw?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i think thats is. like i said the balls as stuck in the back of the tulip. on this pic the red outline is the panel i need to remove, the green "x" is where the magnet SHOULD be stuck and the black line is where the bottom panel slides under the top. hopefully that helps but it looks like its almost all going to have to come apart to get to what i need.

heh its funny if this were a laptop or something id have had it done by now... but noones seemed to do complete pachinko teardowns, or st least ive been unable to find them..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You will need to remove the entire rear cover to get to the section directly behind the tulips. It may be worthwhile anyway to gain access to the ball tracks for cleaning. Any balls stuck in the rear plastic area should be easier to get out.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by popehentai View Post
    heh its funny if this were a laptop or something id have had it done by now... but noones seemed to do complete pachinko teardowns, or st least ive been unable to find them..
    Where are you located? There are many members here who work on pachinko machines.

Here is a whole pages that tells you who does them. http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/Service%20Links.htm

But it isn't the same as if you got to fix the problem yourself. You'll save yourself some money and feel satisfied that YOU did it. If you want we could help walk you through step by step.

Also it may be easier just to take off the tulip.

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Where are you located? There are many members here who work on pachinko machines.

Here is a whole pages that tells you who does them. http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/Service Links.htm

But it isn't the same as if you got to fix the problem yourself. You'll save yourself some money and feel satisfied that YOU did it. If you want we could help walk you through step by step.

Also it may be easier just to take off the tulip.
    not quite what i meant, meant a teardown guide, an illustrated or photographic guide of what comes off where in what order to break it all down. You can find one for most popular electronics.

it looks like it shouldn't be too hard to break down no though as i only have to remove a couple of the "e" clips so i'll probably try to do it friday or saturday. *I totally could have sworn i posted this earlier though, the post seems to have gotten lost.) as i do it i may take a buttload of pics though, so there WILL be a teardown for it, as the whole thing is going to have to come apart to get to where i need anyways.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to popehentai

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes there is! I bought one for a model A Nishijin, comes on DVD and is good to give you the confidence to try. Repair and Restoration Manuals for Pachinko Machines I don't need one for each type I have because after the first you don't really need it, regardless of brand or type. Do take lots of pictures! You will need them!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

for 25 bucks i could probably find someone to do the work for me. as far as it looks like i'll have to tear the back down i'll just post pics and save some other poor sucker the money.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah...I kind of felt that way after I watched it once. I do use the tip of cutting staples tn the middle with a pair of wire cutters, bending them up, and levering them out with same wire cutters. Gets them out easily without breaking plastic. If you pre drill the holes before doing this, it makes putting the plastic covers back in the same place easy, which can be crucial to proper function. I think #6 screws work best...round or pan head, unless clearance is critical...then countersink and use a flathead (noy usually required). Outlining parts with a pencil helps also, unless you don't like how that looks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast